• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT Cowboys

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like a lopsided trade to me. I wonder if they're planning on drafting his replacement or signing Murray to screw us.
A lot of Philly fans are pissed off even more because Alonso is a former Oregon Duck and they think that Chip Kelly got rid of their best RB just to get one of his former players on his team.

McCoy already does have a lot of wear and tear on the tires in only just 6 seasons, so maybe if Alonso bounces back from ACL surgery he can live up to the trade. He was one of Buffalo's best defensive players before his injury. But you're right, on the surface it does look fairly lopsided in Buffalo's favor.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like a lopsided trade to me. I wonder if they're planning on drafting his replacement or signing Murray to screw us.
I think there is a VERY good chance this is the case. Eagles are over $50 million under the cap, and this trade happens a couple of days after Dallas lets it be known they will let Murray test FA....the Eagles have seen Murray up close and personal the last few years and I am sure they know exactly how good he is. It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see them offer Murray $10 million over 4-5 years, they win either way. If he signs with them, they had the cap space, they add Murray(and their OL rivals the Cowboy's, I wouldn't expect a drop off), and they deal a blow to Dallas all at the same time. On the other hand, if Dallas matches the offer, they jack up the Cowboys cap while making them look like idiots for not working harder to sign him before FA. I would be more stunned if the Eagles don't make him a huge offer than if they do

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is a VERY good chance this is the case. Eagles are over $50 million under the cap, and this trade happens a couple of days after Dallas lets it be known they will let Murray test FA....the Eagles have seen Murray up close and personal the last few years and I am sure they know exactly how good he is. It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see them offer Murray $10 million over 4-5 years, they win either way. If he signs with them, they had the cap space, they add Murray(and their OL rivals the Cowboy's, I wouldn't expect a drop off), and they deal a blow to Dallas all at the same time. On the other hand, if Dallas matches the offer, they jack up the Cowboys cap while making them look like idiots for not working harder to sign him before FA. I would be more stunned if the Eagles don't make him a huge offer than if they do
Makes no sense to go after Murray. They just freed up that room. They would have just kept McCoy at that point. They have to be looking to get defensive a FAs or a cheaper running back.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas Cowboys add Keith Rivers to linebacking corps - ESPN Dallas

You would think that's the end of Carter's or McClains time here. I think we need to sign 2 of the 3 out of McClain, Carter, and Durant. I think McClain has to be one of them, if he's not in trouble. Durant was the best defensive player we had before he got hurt. Carter played well at the end and gets INT's. Tough decisions coming for the Boys.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You would think that's the end of Carter's or McClains time here. I think we need to sign 2 of the 3 out of McClain, Carter, and Durant. I think McClain has to be one of them, if he's not in trouble. Durant was the best defensive player we had before he got hurt. Carter played well at the end and gets INT's. Tough decisions coming for the Boys.
To me Durant is a must and will be cheaper than RoMac.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rivers cant stay on the field, hoping he's got a contract that allows him to be cut after/at camp. I think Durant and McClain are back. Then there's Carter, not sure there? I see LB being a deep position and one of strength, if Lee can get healthy and back to form.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's funny that the Cowboys tagged Dez Bryant. Stick it to him for hiring that that douchey Jay Z as his agent. I still can't believe they wanted 300 million for Cano.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's funny that the Cowboys tagged Dez Bryant. Stick it to him for hiring that that douchey Jay Z as his agent. I still can't believe they wanted 300 million for Cano.

Jay Z is just the face of that part of the company. And just exactly what is wrong with wanting the most money for your clients? The more money clients make the more money agents gets. Exactly who is the bigger idiot, the person wanting 300 million or the person giving 300 million? That answer is a no brainer.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay Z is just the face of that part of the company. And just exactly what is wrong with wanting the most money for your clients? The more money clients make the more money agents gets. Exactly who is the bigger idiot, the person wanting 300 million or the person giving 300 million? That answer is a no brainer.

Tom Condon is his agent, Jay Z just gets most of the recognition and money and probably juggles most of the endorsement opportunity marketing opps.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Condon is his agent, Jay Z just gets most of the recognition and money and probably juggles most of the endorsement opportunity marketing opps.

Exactly and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard his name come up much in Cowboys FA targets, but it's surprising we aren't after Byron Maxwell. I would love to add this guy to our secondary. I was just reading that the Eagles are prepared to give him 10 per, so maybe that's why.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard his name come up much in Cowboys FA targets, but it's surprising we aren't after Byron Maxwell. I would love to add this guy to our secondary. I was just reading that the Eagles are prepared to give him 10 per, so maybe that's why.

That takes the Cowboys out of contention if they were ever considering it. Don't think they could free up the cap room and fill the other needs, unless JJ is set on drafting and not paying a RB

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, that's a tough pill to swallow isn't it? All - approximately - $13 million. We showed him.

I don't at all understand your thoughts on "sticking it to him." First, they aren't. Second, it would be incredibly bad business to do so. Both short and long term negative consequences.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's a tough pill to swallow isn't it? All - approximately - $13 million. We showed him.

I don't at all understand your thoughts on "sticking it to him." First, they aren't. Second, it would be incredibly bad business to do so. Both short and long term negative consequences.

Jay Z was probably going to try and make him the highest paid WR in football regardless of who signs him. Does he deserve to be well paid? Yes........ Highest paid WR? No that should be Calvin Johnson.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay Z was probably going to try and make him the highest paid WR in football regardless of who signs him. Does he deserve to be well paid? Yes........ Highest paid WR? No that should be Calvin Johnson.
That's not how contracts work in the NFL. You get market value for your services. So if Dez is a free agent and he's the best FA WR available at the time he will be paid like as such with no regard to what Calvin Johnson should make.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles traded for Sam Bradford...Unless they are trying to get picks and him to send to Tampa to draft Mariota, then I have zero clue that they are trying to accomplish.

Bradfrod has had two ACL injuries at this point. There is zero way that Chip wants him to start.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dammit...Justin Durant is going to sign with the Falcons. That really sucks to lose him. He stepped up huge this year.

Dwayne Harris signed with the Giants.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa the Seahawks trade Max Unger and multiple picks for Jimmy Graham.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dammit...Justin Durant is going to sign with the Falcons. That really sucks to lose him. He stepped up huge this year.

Dwayne Harris signed with the Giants.

Durant is a big loss

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Linebacker Bruce Carter to visit the Buccaneers

Free agent linebacker Bruce Carter is reportedly set to visit the Buccaneers, according to FOX Sports. Carter then plans to visit the Texans, according to the Dallas Morning News.

Carter, who has spent his first four years in the league with Dallas, totaled 68 tackles with five interceptions in 13 games for the Cowboys in 2014.

LB was supposed to be a position of depth but its thinning quickly