• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT Cowboys

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Brent and Randle situations are night and day different. Getting drunk one night with a buddy and then killing him while behind the wheel, while truly awful, is not necessarily indicative of a person with severe mental problems. Threatening a woman and a baby with a gun and smashing in a window on them with bare fists is most certainly indicative of someone with massive character issues. Intent is important too. Brent didn't intend to harm anyone (not excusing what he did). Randle did.

And with how much domestic assault and child abuse has been in the news with the NFL, you can bet this incident is under intense scrutiny from Goodell.
Right on Will.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Brent and Randle situations are night and day different. Getting drunk one night with a buddy and then killing him while behind the wheel, while truly awful, is not necessarily indicative of a person with severe mental problems. Threatening a woman and a baby with a gun and smashing in a window on them with bare fists is most certainly indicative of someone with massive character issues. Intent is important too. Brent didn't intend to harm anyone (not excusing what he did). Randle did.

And with how much domestic assault and child abuse has been in the news with the NFL, you can bet this incident is under intense scrutiny from Goodell.

Disagree and here's why.....Brent didn't give a shit if he harmed anyone or not. He'd already been convicted of DWI while in college; remember?

Also, he tested positive for drugs/alcohol while he was awaiting trial. PLUS, tampered with his ankle monitor.

And Goodell is about as lame a duck as I ever hope to see. This guy is worthless-beyond-worthless, in my humble opinion, and should have been terminated long before today.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randle is not the type of guy you want to rely on in a division race if Murray or whoever gets hurt. Hope JJ lets him go.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree and here's why.....Brent didn't give a shit if he harmed anyone or not. He'd already been convicted of DWI while in college; remember?

Also, he tested positive for drugs/alcohol while he was awaiting trial. PLUS, tampered with his ankle monitor.

And Goodell is about as lame a duck as I ever hope to see. This guy is worthless-beyond-worthless, in my humble opinion, and should have been terminated long before today.
What you say may be true but Randle stepped over the line. Got to go with Will on this one.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randle is not the type of guy you want to rely on in a division race if Murray or whoever gets hurt. Hope JJ lets him go.

Com'on DT....for heavens sake.

Did the Cowboys count on that "type of guy" named Michael Irvin back in the day?
Did the Baltimore Ravens count on that "type of guy" in Ray Lewis, back then?
Did the Vikings count on that "type of guy" in Peterson?

The NFL is littered (literally) with - hopefully less than a hundred, but a lot more than ten guys - who you and I don't want to be representing our team/city or you'd ever have hired or been proud to call friend, and that's just the fact-of-the-matter.....unfortunately.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you say may be true but Randle stepped over the line. Got to go with Will on this one.

Honestly.....I'm not disagreeing. I don't want either one of these A-Holes.

But life and "business" is what-it-is.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Being indifferent to causing harm and intending to cause harm are two vastly different things. Brent is no saint and obviously took measures which put others at risk. But he didn't want to harm anyone. He was just reckless, selfish, immature, and stupid. But Randle directly threatened others with physical violence. He wanted to convey harm.

There is no comparison. Josh Brent is guilty of a lot of things and I don't want him back at all. But at no time did he threaten others.

There is no defending Joseph Randle in this situation. None. Anyone who threatens women and children with a firearm should be in prison. Period.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did the Cowboys count on that "type of guy" named Michael Irvin back in the day?

The NFL is littered (literally) with - hopefully less than a hundred, but a lot more than ten guys - who you and I don't want to be representing our team/city or you'd ever have hired or been proud to call friend, and that's just the fact-of-the-matter.....unfortunately.

This isn't about having players who we don't want representing our team. Yes, there are tons of those guys. This is about our team employing a psychopath.

Drugs, gangs, drunk driving... all bad things.

Threatening to shoot women and children... a whole other level of bad.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You missed my point. If Murray goes down, I want a guy who is less likely to go to jail backing me up. Randle is not that guy. He is a very dangerous mental case that Dallas can ill afford.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't about having players who we don't want representing our team. Yes, there are tons of those guys. This is about our team employing a psychopath.

This post is too both of your last two post................excellent points

Seriously.....I hadn't looked at them thru this light and I agree with where you're "thinking cap" is taking ya young man.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You missed my point. If Murray goes down, I want a guy who is less likely to go to jail backing me up. Randle is not that guy. He is a very dangerous mental case that Dallas can ill afford.

I did for sure.

See my response to Will please. He made an excellent point (s). As did you.

This whole NFL/role-model/good-guy stuff makes me nuts. Thus, I post "nutty-stuff."

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it is a serious domestic issue it does not matter how cheap he is. With the hard stance being taken he will be done as a Cowboy.

The organization needs to release that POS immediately. Don't care about talent or how cheap he may come. He needs a loud wake up call about that the actions he displayed in this instance will greatly affect his livelihood going forward should he choose to go down this road again.

He acted like an ass after his last run in with the law, towards his teammates, and was barely apologetic to the organization if at all considering his actions that followed.

Cut bait

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Plus Brent seemed to be truly remorseful for what he did while Randle really has not shown that. And the Ray Rice thing has caused the NFL to really take a hard stance against domestic violence.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus Brent seemed to be truly remorseful for what he did while Randle really has not shown that. And the Ray Rice thing has caused the NFL to really take a hard stance against domestic violence.

How so? By testing positive for alcohol while awaiting trial? By trying to remove his ankle bracelet?

DMN, the Ticket, and ESPN all reported him being seen drinking at various watering holes.

You'd think a guy who was remorseful would show up to camp in top shape and ready to play. Although he couldn't play for 10 games, it took him all season to basically get himself in football shape and thus he didn't contribute for squat the entire season.

The guy, IMO, is a very bad egg.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any thoughts on Greg Hardy? I don't know enough about his situation, but I do know his case was dismissed and the charges were dropped. I also know that doesn't mean he's necessarily innocent.

As a person I wouldn't compromise my integrity in dealing with a person who has that kind of reputation, but as a fan who really wants a Super Bowl I am really torn and struggling with consistency. I want them to cut Randle for what he did, but the competitive part of me knows a guy like Greg Hardy would make the defensive line immediately better.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any thoughts on Greg Hardy? I don't know enough about his situation, but I do know his case was dismissed and the charges were dropped. I also know that doesn't mean he's necessarily innocent.

As a person I wouldn't compromise my integrity in dealing with a person who has that kind of reputation, but as a fan who really wants a Super Bowl I am really torn and struggling with consistency. I want them to cut Randle for what he did, but the competitive part of me knows a guy like Greg Hardy would make the defensive line immediately better.

Hardy was convicted - not accused like is the case with Randle - of committing assault. Now it seems, Hardy's accuser has disappeared, therefore the charges have to be dropped. The NFL/courts are investigating to see if Hardy paid her off, and or threatened her into this disappearance.

Randle, on the other hand, has only been accused by a person who immediately after contacting the police called 911 back to say "never mind, everything is under control." Also, Randle was not arrested. I think that's a very important fact. As of today, it's a classic "he said, she said" and the truth may or may not come out in the end.

I don't really understand all this rush to judgement in Randle's case. But I assure you, I want NOTHING to do with Greg Hardy.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hardy was convicted - not accused like is the case with Randle - of committing assault. Now it seems, Hardy's accuser has disappeared, therefore the charges have to be dropped. The NFL/courts are investigating to see if Hardy paid her off, and or threatened her into this disappearance.

Randle, on the other hand, has only been accused by a person who immediately after contacting the police called 911 back to say "never mind, everything is under control." Also, Randle was not arrested. I think that's a very important fact. As of today, it's a classic "he said, she said" and the truth may or may not come out in the end.

I don't really understand all this rush to judgement in Randle's case. But I assure you, I want NOTHING to do with Greg Hardy.

He was convicted and is now appealing and it got dismissed upon appeal. And who knows what the NFL will find. They have been pretty awful at investigating these situations the last year or so.

Randle's case seems a great deal more extreme with the gun and broken glass. Hardy isn't a choirboy though.

I know it shouldn't matter how good of an on field talent Hardy is, but I still sorta wish he could bolster that defensive front.