• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT Cowboys

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone believes Murray would leave - even in small part - due to Sam Bradford, please send me a private message. I've got some land you've just gotta see.

I've always thought Murray was going to leave due to money. The Cowboys don't seem to be budging (which I'm happy about). If Murray feels like we did him wrong then he could take less to go to Philly. I'm sure the fact that Bradford was his former roommate doesn't hurt, but it all comes back to money. Can you imagine the boo birds when Murray comes to town in a Philly uniform? He's not really a fan favorite anyways. Not like Romo, Witten, Or Dez.

Find a way to get AP here, or draft Gurley/Gordon

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see a way that the Cowboys can manage to get AP here, and I think Gurley may be the first back off the board before Dallas picks at 27th. Gordon may be an option but I don't think they would take a RB at 27 even if Murray is gone. Think they end up taking a RB in the 3rd round or so, but who knows what JJ would do anyway. Hopefully he lets McClay and Stephen handle it

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see a way that the Cowboys can manage to get AP here, and I think Gurley may be the first back off the board before Dallas picks at 27th. Gordon may be an option but I don't think they would take a RB at 27 even if Murray is gone. Think they end up taking a RB in the 3rd round or so, but who knows what JJ would do anyway. Hopefully he lets McClay and Stephen handle it

If they decide to let Murray move on, I can't imagine they wait until the 3rd round to take a RB if a really good one - on their board - is available. Like a Gordon, if Gurley is indeed gone.

Here's the latest on Murray:

DeMarco Murray intending to join Philadelphia Eagles - ESPN

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they decide to let Murray move on, I can't imagine they wait until the 3rd round to take a RB if a really good one - on their board - is available. Like a Gordon, if Gurley is indeed gone.

Here's the latest on Murray:

DeMarco Murray intending to join Philadelphia Eagles - ESPN

I think I like Gordon the best but there are lots of RB's in this draft that could wind up being very good in the NFL. Then again, even RB's taken in the 1st round are busts a bunch of times as well, so anything could happen when you take chances on a guy com in out of college. A pass rusher to me is very important, which is why I wanted a proven back like Murray so we could focus on Defense but we shall see how it plays out from here

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I like Gordon the best but there are lots of RB's in this draft that could wind up being very good in the NFL. Then again, even RB's taken in the 1st round are busts a bunch of times as well, so anything could happen when you take chances on a guy com in out of college. A pass rusher to me is very important, which is why I wanted a proven back like Murray so we could focus on Defense but we shall see how it plays out from here

I really like Gordon. But you're right that 1st rounders fail about as often as 2nd/3rd etc rounders do.

Here's what I wonder though: If the Cowboys let Murray go, and then take a RB in the 3rd round, are they making the statement of "our system and O-line is the bell-cow here, and any RB should be able to succeed here?''

I'm even saying this is totally incorrect. But it sure is a small limb to crawl out on, when we just had a RB carry the load, literally, and the TEAM had it's best success in almost 2 decades.

How you going to feel "if" this plays out like this and we go 9-7 and don't make the playoffs?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Norm....moments ago.

Ryan Matthews will not be signed by the Eagles and Murray will.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like Gordon. But you're right that 1st rounders fail about as often as 2nd/3rd etc rounders do.

Here's what I wonder though: If the Cowboys let Murray go, and then take a RB in the 3rd round, are they making the statement of "our system and O-line is the bell-cow here, and any RB should be able to succeed here?''

I'm even saying this is totally incorrect. But it sure is a small limb to crawl out on, when we just had a RB carry the load, literally, and the TEAM had it's best success in almost 2 decades.

How you going to feel "if" this plays out like this and we go 9-7 and don't make the playoffs?

I posted on the main Cowboys board that if Murray goes to Philly for 9-10M per year it will be much easier to accept than if he signs there for 6M per year. I think JJ has played his hand and I think Philly is going to trump it with Murray being angry and accepting just over 6M to spite him. If that happens the Cowboys will have missed a huge opportunity to become a better team than last years team by building the defense through the draft and having kept almost the entire offense in tact. The window with Romo is cracked for the moment but closing

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Norm....moments ago.

Ryan Matthews will not be signed by the Eagles and Murray will.

Yep Mathews hadn't signed that offer he received yesterday yet, watch as it is rescinded. Cowboys D better get ready to pummel a hard running Murray with a "Chip" on his shoulder. Pun intended.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted on the main Cowboys board that if Murray goes to Philly for 9-10M per year it will be much easier to accept than if he signs there for 6M per year. I think JJ has played his hand and I think Philly is going to trump it with Murray being angry and accepting just over 6M to spite him. If that happens the Cowboys will have missed a huge opportunity to become a better team than last years team by building the defense through the draft and having kept almost the entire offense in tact. The window with Romo is cracked for the moment but closing

If he is this stupid, so be it! I don't think he is.

If his nose is bent over a million bucks when we're talking about the difference between say 16 and 17+ or so guaranteed, then we're splitting hairs since this is basically a wash due to taxes.

If his panties are this bunched up he wants to play with Bradford over Romo, and run behind our line vs the Eagles, well, don't let the door hit ya in the ass my man.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AP will not be cheap and frankly at his age and workload I'm not too keen on him being a Cowboy at this point. I'd rather get a RB through the draft in the middle rounds. The draft class for RB's is supposed to be really good this year. I'm more than delighted to see the Cowboys handling the off season the way they're doing right now.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AP will not be cheap and frankly at his age and workload I'm not too keen on him being a Cowboy at this point. I'd rather get a RB through the draft in the middle rounds. The draft class for RB's is supposed to be really good this year. I'm more than delighted to see the Cowboys handling the off season the way they're doing right now.

I am not advocating paying Carter what TB did but we are going to need some LB depth again quick and I don't mean Keith Rivers

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not advocating paying Carter what TB did but we are going to need some LB depth again quick and I don't mean Keith Rivers

They need to draft DLine, LB, and RB as priorities assuming they lose Murray. I'm not sure but I don't see Brandon Carr being anywhere other than Dallas.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to draft DLine, LB, and RB as priorities assuming they lose Murray. I'm not sure but I don't see Brandon Carr being anywhere other than Dallas.

I don't think Carr's market is going to be very large; either in teams or money. So we may be by far and away his best, if not only, option.

This taking a RB in the 3rd round does concern me. Don't forget, with Romo, we have no choice but to be in a win now mode, IMO anyway.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They will restructure Carr to $4M this year and he stays a Cowboy. Durant is gone, Carter is gone McClain is in trouble and not sure what happens with him. Lee may be back to 80% and might stay on the field and then they signed Rivers who's been a walking injury. So much for the depth at the position for the time being.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN is reporting Murray to Eagles is a done deal!

Going to be interested to see what money he received.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 years for $42 million with $21 million guaranteed is the word.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 years for $42 million with $21 million guaranteed is the word.

Yeah.....honestly.....Good for you DeMarco. I wish him well, for all but 2 games a year!

But if I'm the Cowboys, I would have not done 90% of this deal to have kept him.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bye Demarco bye

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, see ya. Eagles paid a power running back 42 million after dumping a finesse one...enjoy Philthy Demarco.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was surprised that Murray lasted the entire year last year due to injuries the previous years. But I would like to see us adding some players instead of just watching one Cowboy after another signing with other teams. And I am not talking about at the RB position. Hope we do something definitely on the defensive side of the ball that has a positive impact.