• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys at Eagles

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the 93 season. Game 3. He held out the first 2 games. Ha.
My Dad loved Tom Landry like few others. He kept me home from school the Tuesday after the game in Chicago when Landry rotated Morton & Staubach. Dad wanted me, like hundreds of others that day to call in to a Dallas radio show and blast his hero for being a dumb ass. Thousands called and the radio fan call in show extended an additional two hours to allow the masses the opportunity to blast the head coach.

It worked...Landry inserted Staubach as the stater and didn't lose another game in 71. World Champs at last.

SO YES...I am aware nobody is above criticism in Dallas.

well...other than Staubach.

my point ?
fair criticism of your heros has been a Dallas Cowboy fans right of passage...the shit today is media driven and reactionary darn near by each play.

NFL MAN OF THE YEAR remains a target and he's just one int. away each week. Fat Boy has no chance with the media heads and their fans are just waiting to confirm he's shit.

not the same as in 1971.
In 71...the fans had seen enough and didn't need a sports reporter to tell them who to be pissed at.

onward Dallas Cowboy football fans, now just a cut above philly sport fans IMO

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still remember Emmitt's choosen outfit when he flew to Dallas after the draft to meet the Dallas media and fans.

OMG
Now that was a statement of confidence
I remember that. Then I watched him back up that confidence . I was probably more excited by the 89 pick. Aikman was underrated as a passer.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell has one of the biggest tackles of the game. Goedert may think twice about stiff arming bell in the face in the future It ended badly for Goedert. Lol

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell has one of the biggest tackles of the game. Goedert may think twice about stiff arming bell in the face in the future It ended badly for Goedert. Lol
Bell might be the first down hill LB we've had in some time. I'd still direct snap the ball to Barkley 10 to 12 times Sunday. Bell can only do so much in smash mouth

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holdouts back then we’re pretty controversial. Jerry caved after the Boys lost the first 2 games but if memory serves me correctly it worked out pretty well the rest of the way
It did...but we aren't talking about Sherman Williams holding out, or even Zeke for that matter. 22 had already brought home the hardware and shown he was a driving force. 0-2 start by a great team reinforced the obvious

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It did...but we aren't talking about Sherman Williams holding out, or even Zeke for that matter. 22 had already brought home the hardware and shown he was a driving force. 0-2 start by a great team reinforced the obvious

It did work out. If he doesnt hold out we likely would not have gotten the “ Warrior “ game vs the Giants the last game of the regular season , when Emmitt was banged up with a shoulder injury. One of my favorite games of all time. Winner gets the division and home field. Loser - wildcard.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn I was wrong. It was actually game 4 of the season at home vs GB.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the
The booes were short lived though. They pretty much won almost every game after that.

Lost 2 games after that. One was the famous Leon Lett snow game. The other Aikman and Emmitt both were hurt vs Atlanta.

Man i loved that team.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Dad loved Tom Landry like few others. He kept me home from school the Tuesday after the game in Chicago when Landry rotated Morton & Staubach. Dad wanted me, like hundreds of others that day to call in to a Dallas radio show and blast his hero for being a dumb ass. Thousands called and the radio fan call in show extended an additional two hours to allow the masses the opportunity to blast the head coach.

It worked...Landry inserted Staubach as the stater and didn't lose another game in 71. World Champs at last.

SO YES...I am aware nobody is above criticism in Dallas.

well...other than Staubach.

my point ?
fair criticism of your heros has been a Dallas Cowboy fans right of passage...the shit today is media driven and reactionary darn near by each play.

NFL MAN OF THE YEAR remains a target and he's just one int. away each week. Fat Boy has no chance with the media heads and their fans are just waiting to confirm he's shit.

not the same as in 1971.
In 71...the fans had seen enough and didn't need a sports reporter to tell them who to be pissed at.

onward Dallas Cowboy football fans, now just a cut above philly sport fans IMO
well I know none of this is pointed towards me, but I am happy with Daks game this year.
No. He hasnt been perfect, but I dont put him on a pedestal & think he is or needs to be a top three QB. (I leave that shit for Eagles fans)

When I have concerns it is always 3rd down & 4th qtr defenses.
Win the trenches. Win the games. Easy peasy.
If Dak plays decent. We should be able to win. If we dont I look at other things. If he makes a bad play. I am more than willing to say that play was his fault. No big deal.

As far as Capt. America. I agree. He is beyond reproach. :D

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still remember Emmitt's choosen outfit when he flew to Dallas after the draft to meet the Dallas media and fans.

OMG
Now that was a statement of confidence

Bright yellow polka dots. Zeke though i think outdid him. I miss Zeke. I really miss Emmitt.