• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT Cowboys

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles traded for Sam Bradford...Unless they are trying to get picks and him to send to Tampa to draft Mariota, then I have zero clue that they are trying to accomplish.

Bradfrod has had two ACL injuries at this point. There is zero way that Chip wants him to start.

So Bradford will backup "Butt Fumble" and Mariota will learn the NFL for a season or so?

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Bradford will backup "Butt Fumble" and Mariota will learn the NFL for a season or so?

I have no idea what the Eagles are tying to do. I just don't see Bradford starting for them unless Sanchez is gone.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea what the Eagles are tying to do. I just don't see Bradford starting for them unless Sanchez is gone.

There are lots of questions as of what the hell they're doing. Maybe they flip Bradford to the Titans or something?

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are lots of questions as of what the hell they're doing. Maybe they flip Bradford to the Titans or something?

They put a clause in the trade that states that if Bradford doesn't start for them, they get to reclaim their pick they dealt to St. Louis. On the surface, that would seem to indicate they want Bradford to start. What that means as far as Sanchez and Mariota are concerned is anyone's guess.

Eagles players don't even know what Chip Kelly is doing or planning. Both LeSean McCoy and Jeremy Maclin were caught totally off guard when they were traded. Nick Foles and then Mark Sanchez were thought to be good fits for Kelly's offense, but now it would seem that they're looking more at Bradford and possibly Mariota.

Really weird.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They put a clause in the trade that states that if Bradford doesn't start for them, they get to reclaim their pick they dealt to St. Louis. On the surface, that would seem to indicate they want Bradford to start. What that means as far as Sanchez and Mariota are concerned is anyone's guess.

Eagles players don't even know what Chip Kelly is doing or planning. Both LeSean McCoy and Jeremy Maclin were caught totally off guard when they were traded. Nick Foles and then Mark Sanchez were thought to be good fits for Kelly's offense, but now it would seem that they're looking more at Bradford and possibly Mariota.

Really weird.

Talking about signing Murray and how is he gonna fit in that, snap it every 21 second offense?

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really weird.

Bradford just makes no sense to me. He's got a 13 million price tag.They just just took up a big chunk of that cap room they made. That's why I gotta think they got him to move him later.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford and Murray huh.... Is he going to hire Bob Stoops and Kevin Wilson while he's at it?

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone explain where all of this "Murray to the Eagles" talk is coming from, other than some Twitter chatter? I have yet to read one reliable source linking Murray to the Eagles (outside of the general "they might be interested" talk), and yet some people are talking as if it's practically a done deal.

Have I missed something?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone explain where all of this "Murray to the Eagles" talk is coming from, other than some Twitter chatter? I have yet to read one reliable source linking Murray to the Eagles (outside of the general "they might be interested" talk), and yet some people are talking as if it's practically a done deal.

Have I missed something?

ESPN just reported yesterday that they had mutual interest, but couldn't that be said about lots of FA? Now CBS is reporting that Philly is trying to sign Mathews from San Diego

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what Chip Kelly is doing. But to think he traded away Nick Foles, while picking up a 13 million Sam Bradford contract to sit behind Sanchez would be insane. Beyond insane really.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN just reported yesterday that they had mutual interest, but couldn't that be said about lots of FA? Now CBS is reporting that Philly is trying to sign Mathews from San Diego

Yeah, it looks like Mathews to Philly is a done deal. That would seemingly take them out of the running for Murray.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it looks like Mathews to Philly is a done deal. That would seemingly take them out of the running for Murray.

Just read an article saying that even after signing Mathews that Philly is still very much in on Murray, but not sure I'm buying it?

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray's camp is putting out a lot of smoke that he is very interested in joining the Eagles and his old friend Sam Bradford. And of course the Eagles are going to say they are interested too. But it's as transparent as it gets that it's a negotiating ploy to scare Jerry into coughing up the big bucks for Murray. No way Murray would rather play for an inferior franchise, inferior QB, and far inferior O-line. Plus, who do you think he'd rather battle for touches, Ryan Mathews and Darren Sproles or Joseph Randle and Lance Dunbar?

I think the only way he ends up in Philly is if Jerry and the Boys decide not to offer him much (or anything). Stranger things have happened, I guess.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even without the Mathews signing in Philly, if Murray had to place a personal call to Chip Kelly to tell him he'd be interested in joining Philly then that just tells you what the market for his services is. Dallas has played this situation so well and it's going to pay off for them.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even without the Mathews signing in Philly, if Murray had to place a personal call to Chip Kelly to tell him he'd be interested in joining Philly then that just tells you what the market for his services is. Dallas has played this situation so well and it's going to pay off for them.

Agree 100%. At this point, he probably figures that the thought of him playing for a division rival would scare Jerry the most. Plus Bradford is there, so he figures he can pass that off as a legit reason he will leave Dallas. Go for it dude. Poor fit in Kelly's scheme and a so-so O-line. Have fun with that.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree 100%. At this point, he probably figures that the thought of him playing for a division rival would scare Jerry the most. Plus Bradford is there, so he figures he can pass that off as a legit reason he will leave Dallas. Go for it dude. Poor fit in Kelly's scheme and a so-so O-line. Have fun with that.

Since he's a RB and is his only contract if Oak or Jax overpays then I certainly give him all my blessings for him to take it. But maybe it's worth taking a few million less, playing for America's Team that looks to be a good team the next few years at least and follow a similar path Emmitt Smith did and just reap the rewards of being a Cowboys legend here in the area.

I mean I'd imagine he'll recover the lost money he passed up by signing w/Dallas just by endorsements etc.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone believes Murray would leave - even in small part - due to Sam Bradford, please send me a private message. I've got some land you've just gotta see.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone believes Murray would leave - even in small part - due to Sam Bradford, please send me a private message. I've got some land you've just gotta see.

Yeah, that was the biggest stretch I've heard of since Mr. Armstrong in the 70s.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw a crawl saying Bruce Carter has signed for 4 years with Tampa.