• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT Cowboys

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most coaches have their proponents and their detractors. I get this completely. And Lord knows, Pete has a bunch of both. Honestly, I'm not a fan of his. He's always done silly shit to me.

He's always been one of those coaches who makes "questionable decisions" and yet USC and now the SeaHawks are reaping the benefits. That's the facts.

Have ya even thought about "if they had scored on that pass" what the lack-of-verbal-ramifications would be right now? And fans tend to overreact one-way-or-the-other, regardless.

So, OK. Let's fire Pete and his OC and go get who? Be fair now.

To be honest I don't think they would fire Pete even if he was the final decision, but I do think Bevell may be the GOAT. I don't personally care either way, I am not a Seahawks fan and I have disliked Carroll since his Patriot days.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Irvin has apologized to the kids today, so all is good right?

It is still ridiculous to me that these guys get paid what they do and cant be role models and want to whisk it all away the day after by simply issuing a public apology.

Was it all that bad what he did? Ya after seeing what he did it may have not been something I would have done but whatever it's no big deal to me. And frankly these athletes aren't paid to be role models. I've never understood why people get carried away about the kids having all these athletes as role models. Instead have your role model be someone else that is really worth looking up to and emulating and just respect and admire the athletic ability of these athletes. Growing up no athlete was ever my role and it shouldn't be any other kids' role model either.

Last edited by a moderator:

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Irvin has apologized to the kids today, so all is good right?

It is still ridiculous to me that these guys get paid what they do and cant be role models and want to whisk it all away the day after by simply issuing a public apology.

Ya know, Irvin is getting all this credit for an apology, when in actuality, he didn't really apologize at all. He said "I'm sorry, to a bunch of 12 year old's he's never met, nor is associated with."

I guess.....perhaps anyway......they aren't role models "anymore."

However, it seems to me, some players want all the good parts of playing in the NFL - money/fame/endorsements/fan acknowledgment/charity opportunities, etc., without accepting the responsibility of today, and this is where we are.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it all that bad what he did? Ya after seeing what he did it may have not been something I would have done but whatever it's no big deal to me. And frankly these athletes aren't paid to be role models. I've never understood why people get carried away about the kids having all these athletes as role models. Instead have your role model be someone else that is really worth looking up to and emulating and just respect and admire the athletic ability of these athletes. Growing up no athlete was ever my role and it shouldn't be any other kids' role model either.

He just about started a melee. You can look at it however you want to. Fact of the matter is most people have someone that looks up to them whether they are a professional athlete or not. It just happens that these athletes are more in the public eye and should hold themselves to a higher standard(there is likely many that look up too him). If Irvin didn't think he had let someone down he wouldn't have apologized for his actions today. I just wish more guys didn't lose their cool in the heat of the moment and then think an apology wipes it away. Who knows maybe Irvin does something bigger to make amends to a young person (fan, sibling, nephew, niece) that holds him in high regard.

Last edited by a moderator:

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You may be right in a roundabout way but kids do emulate athletes. They will wear their products, dress like them, try to duplicate the same swing, shots, moves whatever. When athletes decide to be irresponsible on purpose it will have a trickle down effect. Marshawn Lynch for example may have been putting it to the NFL but there are going to be kids who are going to pull the same nonsense that he did with his MJ imitation. Glad for guys like Dirk, Witten, Modano, Jason Terry, Romo, Russell Wilson and so on.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Closing the book on football for 2014. Moving on to MLB spring training. See you guys there.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joseph Randle has been arrested again. Wichita police were called to a hotel for a domestic violence with weapon. he was arrested for possession of marijuana that was found in a room rented by him.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joseph Randle has been arrested again. Wichita police were called to a hotel for a domestic violence with weapon. he was arrested for possession of marijuana that was found in a room rented by him.

He gone

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The marijuana possession charge has been officially dropped today. But if the article I am providing a link to is correct and Randle is indeed guilty of the described events, his problems are MUCH deeper than pot possession and stealing underwear. I knew that some sort of domestic dispute was reported, but this is way worse than what I imagined. If he did what is being reported, the Cowboys should cut him immediately.

Court petition: Cowboys running back Joseph Randle threatened to ‘blast’ car with child inside | The Wichita Eagle The Wichita Eagle

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The marijuana possession charge has been officially dropped today. But if the article I am providing a link to is correct and Randle is indeed guilty of the described events, his problems are MUCH deeper than pot possession and stealing underwear. I knew that some sort of domestic dispute was reported, but this is way worse than what I imagined. If he did what is being reported, the Cowboys should cut him immediately.

Court petition: Cowboys running back Joseph Randle threatened to ‘blast’ car with child inside | The Wichita Eagle The Wichita Eagle

I've heard that even when he was at Oklahoma State he wasn't the most stable fella out there and always had his share of issues. But at the end of the day from a business perspective he's cheap and effective labor. I'd be shocked if Dallas did cut him truth be told because other than organizational depth I don't think Dallas wants to rely too much on Ryan Williams or Dunbar (given his size and injury history).

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard that even when he was at Oklahoma State he wasn't the most stable fella out there and always had his share of issues. But at the end of the day from a business perspective he's cheap and effective labor. I'd be shocked if Dallas did cut him truth be told because other than organizational depth I don't think Dallas wants to rely too much on Ryan Williams or Dunbar (given his size and injury history).

If it is a serious domestic issue it does not matter how cheap he is. With the hard stance being taken he will be done as a Cowboy.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it is a serious domestic issue it does not matter how cheap he is. With the hard stance being taken he will be done as a Cowboy.

Look how they handled Josh Brent. Pretty much the reason why I don't think Randle is going anywhere.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look how they handled Josh Brent. Pretty much the reason why I don't think Randle is going anywhere.
Lot of pressure on the NFL since Josh Brent. I think the commissioner will start to view things differently since he himself is in the spot light.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Brent and Randle situations are night and day different. Getting drunk one night with a buddy and then killing him while behind the wheel, while truly awful, is not necessarily indicative of a person with severe mental problems. Threatening a woman and a baby with a gun and smashing in a window on them with bare fists is most certainly indicative of someone with massive character issues. Intent is important too. Brent didn't intend to harm anyone (not excusing what he did). Randle did.

And with how much domestic assault and child abuse has been in the news with the NFL, you can bet this incident is under intense scrutiny from Goodell.