• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Western Conference Finals, Warriors and Houston, 2014-15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone figured out for what reason Harden was 3-16 before this 45 pt explosion?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thought here...do the Warriors consider double-teaming Harden here and there throughout the game, just to show them/him a different look? If he has another game like the last game, we could be in for another loss. I'm picking us tonight, but I have a hard time understanding how we can totally shut him down in one game (game 3), but then give up 45 points in the next one.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude....just let it go....he's a top notch player...he had an awesome game at home, and carried the team on his back to avoid a sweep....it happens.....after all, he did come in 2nd in the MVP vote. Tip your cap, and move on.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hope is that the Dubs come out with a purpose and that the Rockets come out with an "at least we didn't get swept" attitude. The embarrasing performance from the Dubs Monday night should motivate them to play well tonight. We'll see. If not, I'm condfident we'll win it in 7.

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tight up the defense then we will be ok.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Dude....just let it go....he's a top notch player...he had an awesome game at home, and carried the team on his back to avoid a sweep....it happens.....after all, he did come in 2nd in the MVP vote. Tip your cap, and move on"

I'm sorry, but I distinctly remember someone on here saying that they were a former coach on here. Thus far, we've had to "tip our hats" 3 out of 4 games to Harden. We barely won our games at home...4 and 1 pt affairs. Wouldn't it behoove someone to take a jab at what we did right in Game 3 versus the other games? Do you think that Steve Kerr and Co. are "tipping their collective hats and moving on"? So much for any intelligent exchange of ideas. Harden has ripped us for 3 out of 4 games and is averaging about 10 points more per game against a supposed great defense.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is absolutely no way the Rockets should put up 128 on the Warriors. I heard they were hitting almost everything in game 4 early, but 128 points is ridiculous for the #1 team in defensive efficiency to allow. Game 5 will be won on the defensive end.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for 3 out of 4 games, James Harden has had his way with our defense. It's great that we happened to win 3 out of those 4 games, but we really can't feel all that great about how we'll do with Harden unless we make shrewd and calculated changes to our defense to stop Harden.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"There is absolutely no way the Rockets should put up 128 on the Warriors. I heard they were hitting almost everything in game 4 early, but 128 points is ridiculous for the #1 team in defensive efficiency to allow. Game 5 will be won on the defensive end."

45 points in the first quarter pretty much tells the whole story. As well as we did to come back, that first quarter was just too much to overcome.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Stop being a nervous nellie and a worry wort, greg.
There's nothing intelligent about a convo when it involves splitting hairs...or even crying over spilled milk."

Asking if anyone has a clue as to how we're going to stop Harden and being a "nervous nellie" are two different things. Obviously, no one on this board has a clue as to what we did to stop him in game three or how to stop him in game 5. Normally someone makes an attempt to conjure up some sort of strategy. I actually asked if we possibly should try some random double-teaming on Harden, which elicited no responses. You are right about one thing, there has been no intelligent "convo" about this topic. You're acting as though we've blown out the Rockets in our 3 games when we've barely won 2 of them at home.

Also, do note that I did predict for us to win the game. I just haven't a clue as to what we're going to do with Harden. Guarding him with different players by themselves hasn't really worked yet, and I wondered if anyone of us noticed anything different we did in game3. Maybe I should just be content on our blow-out loss in game 4 and our 2 very close wins at home, but it does bother me how our defense cannot come close to containing Harden. Also, Houston's bigs (Howard, Jones, Smith) are giving us a hard time. If you have no solutions, then just don't post. I'm looking for proposed solutions or ideas, not people just telling me to "chill".

Oh, yoga, if you could, would you copy and paste any of my posts/words where I'm "crying over spilled milk"?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had Harden not fumbled the ball away in game 2 in the last few seconds, we'd be in a tight 2-2 series and looking for some answers.

Cleveland, our possible next opponent, blew out their opponent in 3 out of their 4 game series. And, then there's "us", who've barely won our 2 home games and then given up 45 points in the first quarter in our last blow-out loss. You (yoga) have the mind-set that we've been in control the whole way in this series, but it's just because of truly miniscule things, like a TO by Harden before he could win the game for the Rockets.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG Warriors are terrible because they win, but only by little bit.

3-1 in Western Conference Finals against the #2 seed in the Western Conference.

:kermit:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"OMG Warriors are terrible because they win, but only by little bit."

My guess is that you are capable of copy and pasting someone's actual words, right? Did I use the word "terrible"? Of course I didn't, which, you know, basically makes you a liar. If that's the way you want discuss topics, that's up to you. But, everyone knows that we're one James Harden TO from this being a 2-2 series where we're on the edge of our seats worrying about how we're going to pull it out.

The lesson you hopefully learn from this? If you want to capture someone else's words or feelings about an issue, just use their exact wording rather than going off the deep end and saying something stupid and false like your corny quote above.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"3-1 in Western Conference Finals against the #2 seed in the Western Conference."

Almost the exact place where Houston was before coming back to beat the Clippers. The only difference? The Clippers were the #3 seed.

You should put more thought into your posts.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG I just found out that if a team does not play well on a given night, they could potentially lose. WHY HAS NO ONE TOLD ME THIS BEFORE?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG

Just found out that if a team has a player that was runner up in the MVP voting, he's usually pretty good. He's probably capable of scoring lots of points. Mind blown.