• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Western Conference Finals, Warriors and Houston, 2014-15

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year's Warrior team, if they win the title, will be recognized as one of the best teams in history when looking at their regular season record, their average margin of victory, and about every other statistic that analysts look at. Pretty cool, but especially cool if we can actually pull it off.

A lot of things have broken our way. It would feel like we choked if we don't get it done this year. I'm thinking positive. Somehow, someway, the San Francisco Giants have rubbed some of their magic on the Warriors.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors' number of wins is especially impressive given the severe discrepancy between the Western conference and the Eastern Conference. I know that this is how it's been for several years now, but this is not true over the NBA's history. Their 67 wins is quite impressive, and the way they're sweeping through the playoffs so far (2 losses) is equally as impressive. This team falls right behind 2 Chicago Bull teams (95-96, 96-97) and above the 85-86 Celtics. Though, if you click onto the link below, the caption at the top will show them at 4th, behind the Celtics. Either way you slice it, they're in rare air. They just have to close it out against the Rockettes (is anyone noticing how I'm calling them the "Rockettes"??) and the Cavs.

The Best NBA Teams Of All-Time, According To Elo | FiveThirtyEight

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of things have broken our way. It would feel like we choked if we don't get it done this year. I'm thinking positive. Somehow, someway, the San Francisco Giants have rubbed some of their magic on the Warriors.
Agreed. But that is what it takes sometimes.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Series should be over tonight and then a week of rest. Rockets make one last gasp for respectability tonight but fall just short 107-103.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just glad Steph wasn't seriously injured on that ugly fall in the 1st half..it could have been disastrous in more ways than 1...and I was surprised he reappeared in the 3rd qtr, but it was evident he was tentative and not 100%.

I'll give the Rockets props for not folding, or being swept in their house...but they're just prolonging their own agony. 3 of the 6 fouls on Green were BS. Can't wait til Wednesday night's game @ Oracle.

Dubs need to go for the knockout punch # home, and not allow them to gain any more confidence....because the longer this series extends, the likelihood of strange & unusual things occurring, most definitely will.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just glad Steph wasn't seriously injured on that ugly fall in the 1st half..it could have been disastrous in more ways than 1...and I was surprised he reappeared in the 3rd qtr, but it was evident he was tentative and not 100%.

I'll give the Rockets props for not folding, or being swept in their house...but they're just prolonging their own agony. 3 of the 6 fouls on Green were BS. Can't wait til Wednesday night's game @ Oracle.

Dubs need to go for the knockout punch # home, and not allow them to gain any more confidence....because the longer this series extends, the likelihood of strange & unusual things occurring, most definitely will.

I thought the worst when I saw the injury. If Curry were out, we might not even be able to finish off this series let alone beat Cleveland.

Gotta come in firing on all cylinders. If the Warriors do that and build a big lead, the Rockets might quit like they did in Game 3, which will leave Dwight complaining about how his teammates gave up like he did after Game 3.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 more thing before I hit the hay.....I usually stray from nitpicking unless something obviously stands out, but can anyone truthfully come up with a valid reason why Dwight Howard wasn't given a flagrant 2 & tossed for blatantly elbowing Bogut in the head in the 3rd qtr?

After seeing the replay a few times, it seems like a 2, instead of the 1 he was given, would have been completely warranted under the current guidelines.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 more thing before I hit the hay.....I usually stray from nitpicking unless something obviously stands out, but can anyone truthfully come up with a valid reason why Dwight Howard wasn't given a flagrant 2 & tossed for blatantly elbowing Bogut in the head in the 3rd qtr?

After seeing the replay a few times, it seems like a 2, instead of the 1 he was given, would have been completely warranted under the current guidelines.

No idea, but I'd love to see the league try to explain why Horford was ejected, but Howard wasn't.

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea, but I'd love to see the league try to explain why Horford was ejected, but Howard wasn't.

I guess these refs did not watch the Alt/Cle game. Boy, even we played bad, we almost pull it off. Cut the lead down to 8, and we missed 2 shots after that. We just hope that Curry is ok. The Dubs will finish them off on Wed.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Series should be over tonight and then a week of rest. Rockets make one last gasp for respectability tonight but fall just short 107-103.
I didn't expect the Warriors, or any professinal organization for that matter, to just come out and sleepwalk through the first quarter. That is inexcusable. They are playing with fire but I think last night's embarrassment will get their attention and they will close it out on Wednesday at home.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems alot of the other guys couldn't hit shots, even real easy ones. Barnes, Thomas, Andre. These guys have to contribute. Klay has been struggling but I have a feeling he is going to bust out with a big game soon.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of glad I didn't see the loss last night. I only caught the last 6 minutes or so of the game. We'll need to clean it up in game 5 and hope that Atlanta can pull one out against the Cavs to extend their series.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of glad I didn't see the loss last night. I only caught the last 6 minutes or so of the game. We'll need to clean it up in game 5 and hope that Atlanta can pull one out against the Cavs to extend their series.

You would have been stunned at the contrast between the energy of the Rockets and the lack thereof of the Warriors. I know this kind of shit happens and it is very, very unlikely that they will lose this series but they are playing with fire. You can't just turn it on and turn it off in the playoffs if you want to be successful. These are the top two teams in the west, this is not the Milwaukee Bucks. The Dubs need to be focused from minute 1 to minute 48.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, as for "the loss", the "let Josh Smith take them open threes" strategy backfired from the beginning. We purposely didn't have anyone near him. It was like shooting in warm-ups. The Warriors' offense in the first quarter wasn't all that bad, other than a strong propensity to turn the ball over, which led to more Rockets chances to score.

Of course, one huge difference was how Harden played in this game and games 1 and 2 versus game 3. He's not going to go 3 for 16 very often.

I was really pleased with how the team came back big to cut the lead down to 7 with Curry out. That's gotta loom really big and it has to stick with them for game 5. Not only did they not lose ground with Curry out, they gained a whole lot of it with him out.

It was very unlike Curry to jump up and try to block Ariza's shot at the basket. I think it was a bad decision, not just in retrospect, but for Curry's health and the sake of the team. I think this is why Curry's been so injury free for such a good while. People who are smart and keep on their feet don't get hurt as often. The spectacularly athletic ones are the ones getting injured. It was nothing but AWESOME how Curry came back and after tossing up one air-ball, he hit some nice threes and had a good number of assists for threes.

I really am very happy that we're up 3-1 and headed back home.

It didn't seem like Curry hit his head on the floor. I was worried about his right arm and his back. I thought that the way he fell could have sprained his neck, but they said he had a contusion to the head. As many times as I saw that highlight, I could see where he hit his head. When he flipped and fell, I have no idea what I said......something like "Oh no! Curry!" I think my words may have had a bit of fear and fright in them.....like it was my own son falling. Did anyone see his mom yelling "Get up son. You're alright", over and over? She was hoping more than admonishing, of course. They've got some kind of family....going to every game he plays, it seems.

Can't wait 'til Wednesday night.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, kudos to Klay for stepping his game up in Steph's absence. He came on really big in the 3rd quarter, taking the offense into his hands. I think Curry's absence helped Klay grow a bit in last night's game.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wednesday night's game is May 27 at 6:00 pst on ESPN. Rockets @ Warriors.

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will NBA review the Howard's elbow, and sit him in Game 5?

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3