• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Western Conference Finals, Warriors and Houston, 2014-15

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay had a great stretch in the second quarter, but overall I think his decision making was pretty bad last night. I'm not concerned with his shooting. He took good shots for the most part. Add to that he had to guard Harden all night and that can easily wear you down. I thought he really played good defense on Harden, it's just he made some incredibly difficult shots.

Not sure what Bogut was doing out there. Maybe he was hurt, but it looked like he was a step slow and a second behind all the action during the game. We'll absolutely need him to play better.

David Lee was awful. He's got to give something if he's going to get minutes. Just anything really.

Really pleased with Livingston and Draymond. Those guys brought it last night. Harrison I felt like slept walked a bit through most of the 1st half. Second half was a totally different story. Playoff Barnes finally showed up and was great.

This. So much this. He's got to be traded this offseason.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A game just like last game. Wow! Down to the wire. I thought HB was going to hit that last layup before Houston's last possession. Curry had that sweet stroke going again tonight. I'd have to say that Houston will be favored to win its games in Houston if they lose by 4 and 1 in GS.

The Rockets are using their superior size to put in a lot of shots in the lane. Terrence Jones, Dwight Howard...just laying the ball in the hoop over smaller Warrior players.

So, has Montalban jumped off of the GS bridge yet? Oh yea of little faith.........

Agreed. A sloppy shitshow. Very disappointing game, IMO. It takes 95% of the fun out of a win when you walk away feeling like you lost.

-6 in TO
-3 in steals
-4 in offensive rebounds.

Those are numbers generally reserved for a losing team. We failed to break their spirit; they know they can beat us. As disappointing a 2-0 lead as I've ever seen. Let's hope they get their collective shit together in Houston.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I say that given these 2 games, the Rockets should be favored to win in Houston. The worst part of the game (though there were some definitely enjoyable parts of the game) were the turnovers. Curry led with 6, but others pitched in with really wild passes that didn't come close to their mark. The Dubs are getting a little too fancy for themselves.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

After more thought about this, I think that David Lee will likely remain with the team. Here's why:

1) The Warriors are going into the Tax no matter what next year. Since they will be a first time tax payer, the penalty is not nearly as steep as it would be for a repeat offender. They will almost assuredly not be paying two years in a row with the cap increasing.

2) The Warriors have an option on Mo Speights. They may elect not to take the option and keep David Lee to fill Speights role on the team. That would reduce some of the pending tax. Also I believe the Warriors are pretty high on JMM's potential with the team.

3) With the NBA cap going sky high in the coming seasons, David Lee's big expiring contract is going to be a huge commodity. If the Warriors retain the contract, they'll have all the additional cap room from the increase in salary cap, as well as an additional 15M that comes off the books with Lee's contract. That could make the Warriors a huge player in the free agent market.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors have played substandard ball, James Harden has feasted, and yet the Warriors have a 2-0 lead. As good as the Rockets feel, the Warriors have to feel good about their chances if they can just play their game.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow great win in a close game. That last 8 seconds felt like forever. A win is a win.

Warriors up 2-0 in the series.

Go Warriors !!

:suds::clap:
I realized after the final horn that I hadn't taken a breath for the last 39 seconds of the game.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors have played substandard ball, James Harden has feasted, and yet the Warriors have a 2-0 lead. As good as the Rockets feel, the Warriors have to feel good about their chances if they can just play their game.
We saw the difference between the Dubs and The Rockets and Clippers tonight. When those two teams blew 16 point leads they could not come back. When the Dubs did it they still came back and won.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The Warriors have an option on Mo Speights. They may elect not to take the option and keep David Lee to fill Speights role on the team."

But there could not be two more opposite players, especially offensively than Lee and Speights. Speights his the outside 15-18 footers and Lee can't hit anything outside of 10-12 feet.

Speaking of Speights, what's his injury and might he come back?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The collapses in the lst 90 seconds of the game that the Warriors suffered in games 1 and 2 won't work in Houston. They've got to figure out a way not to panic at the end tonight.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The Warriors have an option on Mo Speights. They may elect not to take the option and keep David Lee to fill Speights role on the team."

But there could not be two more opposite players, especially offensively than Lee and Speights. Speights his the outside 15-18 footers and Lee can't hit anything outside of 10-12 feet.

Speaking of Speights, what's his injury and might he come back?
I believe they said he will be out for at least this series. I think he got kicked in the calf.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't expect much of a game tonight. I don't think the Rockets came recover from those two devastating losses in Oakland; games they should have won but didn't.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't expect much of a game tonight. I don't think the Rockets came recover from those two devastating losses in Oakland; games they should have won but didn't.

LOL posting this at the half with the Warriors up 25. You do know what time stamps are, right?

Check the upper left portion of your post, dumdum.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL posting this at the half with the Warriors up 25. You do know what time stamps are, right?

Check the upper left portion of your post, dumdum.
I own you. LOL! I've got you monitoring the internet for my every move. I knew the second I posted that post that you'd come barreling in stumbling all over yourself. You are such a weirdo.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. A sloppy shitshow. Very disappointing game, IMO. It takes 95% of the fun out of a win when you walk away feeling like you lost.

-6 in TO
-3 in steals
-4 in offensive rebounds.

Those are numbers generally reserved for a losing team. We failed to break their spirit; they know they can beat us. As disappointing a 2-0 lead as I've ever seen. Let's hope they get their collective shit together in Houston.

I think they complied.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! The Warriors must have made some great adjustments to simply slaughter the Rockettes so thoroughly. Why couldn't Harden score tonight? Were the other nights just him absolutely on fire?

The Dubs played a really great game tonight, other than Harrison Barnes on offense. That's okay, though. He'll bounce back. Bogut had a really nice game as did D. Green. Green is such a smart player and a great passer. Festus Ezeli had a solid game. Klay was bad at first, but hung in there to contribute on both sides of the ball.

Curry's left-handed layup off of the top of the backboard was just awesome. I really didn't mind the 10 replays of the shot. Curry has gone into another realm as for his 3-pt shooting in this series. He's already got the record for most 3's in a playoff, so he's going to absolutely obliterate the record after this series and the Championship finals against Cleveland.

Curry is listed as 6' 3" and 190 lbs, but during tonight's game one of the announcers referred to him as weighing 160. I've always thought that the 190 weight was well over his actual weight. I see him as more so 170. Do they put incorrect height or weight in the NBA "stats", meaning height or weight?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone have any idea why Harden was so ineffective....or maybe just non-aggressive, whichever it was. I didn't see much change in the way they guarded him. I did see that it wasn't Thompson like it was for the first two games, for the most part. They used Barnes, Green and AI9. Maybe that was why Barnes' offense wasn't all that good (0-8).

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year's Warrior team, if they win the title, will be recognized as one of the best teams in history when looking at their regular season record, their average margin of victory, and about every other statistic that analysts look at. Pretty cool, but especially cool if we can actually pull it off.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good lord, what a tool! This clown Tzill must have missed the last two games.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! The Warriors must have made some great adjustments to simply slaughter the Rockettes so thoroughly. Why couldn't Harden score tonight? Were the other nights just him absolutely on fire?

The Dubs played a really great game tonight, other than Harrison Barnes on offense. That's okay, though. He'll bounce back. Bogut had a really nice game as did D. Green. Green is such a smart player and a great passer. Festus Ezeli had a solid game. Klay was bad at first, but hung in there to contribute on both sides of the ball.

Curry's left-handed layup off of the top of the backboard was just awesome. I really didn't mind the 10 replays of the shot. Curry has gone into another realm as for his 3-pt shooting in this series. He's already got the record for most 3's in a playoff, so he's going to absolutely obliterate the record after this series and the Championship finals against Cleveland.

Curry is listed as 6' 3" and 190 lbs, but during tonight's game one of the announcers referred to him as weighing 160. I've always thought that the 190 weight was well over his actual weight. I see him as more so 170. Do they put incorrect height or weight in the NBA "stats", meaning height or weight?
No turnovers in the first half = 62-37. That's it in a nutshell.