• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions @ Cowboys

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lonnie Shelton was the difference between the Sonics losing to the Bullets in ‘78 and beating the Bullets in ‘79. I have zero recollection of him with a nickname.

But you and I both know this - there is only one Manster. And I believe it was Charlie Waters who revealed it to us and it was definitely before the ‘77 season because by the time Super Bowl XII rolled around, everyone knew who Manster was. And it sure as hell wasn’t Lonny Shelton nor was it Lonnie Shelton.
Yeah. Charlie Waters said He isnt afraid of anything, but he is afraid of Randy White.
He was the kindest guy, but then when he got in the locker room he turned into a monster before a game LOL

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first use of the nickname Manster was for former Seattle Super Sonic Lonny Shelton. Don’t take it personally.
And that ties into the Cowboys how. Were you always this stupid, or did you suffer a brain injury at some time.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should. That crew made a bad call which took away a win. That mistake has ramifications on playoff seedlings. It didn’t impact just that game. At least one of those officials should be fired.
i,m glad the nfl s for once is holding somebody accountable

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew who the football player was. Shelton was given that nickname when he played in college. I just got a kick out of watching cowboys fans and people like you going off the rails. Lol.
Wasn't his nickname The Monster? Not Manster?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If everything on the play was handled correctly, the ref would have announced Decker as an eligible receiver and the Cowboys likely would have then covered him. The whole reason for the rule is so that the defense knows who is eligible that is wearing an ineligible #. There is no reason for them to cover an OL who is not eligible and because the ref didn't announce Decker as eligible he was ignored. So if it was handled correctly by the Lions and the refs and Decker was announced as eligible he likely doesn't likely catch that pass.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If everything on the play was handled correctly, the ref would have announced Decker as an eligible receiver and the Cowboys likely would have then covered him. The whole reason for the rule is so that the defense knows who is eligible that is wearing an ineligible #. There is no reason for them to cover an OL who is not eligible and because the ref didn't announce Decker as eligible he was ignored. So if it was handled correctly by the Lions and the refs and Decker was announced as eligible he likely doesn't likely catch that pass.
Whether he catches or not if the ref gets it right we will never know. We can guarantee he is not that open however.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether he catches or not if the ref gets it right we will never know. We can guarantee he is not that open however.
I agree with that 100% Total screwup by the refs that MIGHT have cost the Lions the game(though they made an equally bad call the drive before that went the Lions way). The only thing I disagree with is the folks acting like it's a given the Cowboys wouldn't have covered someone that they were told was declared eligible

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that 100% Total screwup by the refs that MIGHT have cost the Lions the game(though they made an equally bad call the drive before that went the Lions way). The only thing I disagree with is the folks acting like it's a given the Cowboys wouldn't have covered someone that they were told was declared eligible
It is tough to know what would have happened. The play design was brilliant. It was a fake 17 weeks in the making, going against a full year of their tendencies for one play. Watching a full breakdown into everything that goes into it, so much planning that was perfectly executed. I would have loved to see it called correctly by the officials to see the result.

What is also overlooked is the 3rd attempt was also a brilliant call, and if Goff throws an accurate ball, we have a good chance that Mitchell will get in. Mitchell is a big dude and within reach range, even if a defender wraps him instantly. That throw was horrific throw and should be criticized more.

There is one major win from that ending, Allen is not going to be an official in the playoffs. That is a win for everyone.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is tough to know what would have happened. The play design was brilliant. It was a fake 17 weeks in the making, going against a full year of their tendencies for one play. Watching a full breakdown into everything that goes into it, so much planning that was perfectly executed. I would have loved to see it called correctly by the officials to see the result.

What is also overlooked is the 3rd attempt was also a brilliant call, and if Goff throws an accurate ball, we have a good chance that Mitchell will get in. Mitchell is a big dude and within reach range, even if a defender wraps him instantly. That throw was horrific throw and should be criticized more.

There is one major win from that ending, Allen is not going to be an official in the playoffs. That is a win for everyone.
I agree on Allen. If there isn't a bogus tripping call against the Cowboys the last drive, none of this would matter because the game would be over anyway.
It's fortunate for the NFL this happened im a regular season game and not a playoff game or Super Bowl. With the amount of gambling on the NFL, the appearance of corrupt officiating could turn the NFL into the WWE

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on Allen. If there isn't a bogus tripping call against the Cowboys the last drive, none of this would matter because the game would be over anyway.
It's fortunate for the NFL this happened im a regular season game and not a playoff game or Super Bowl. With the amount of gambling on the NFL, the appearance of corrupt officiating could turn the NFL into the WWE
That tripping was egregious.

Tahuyaman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i,m glad the nfl s for once is holding somebody accountable
It are they holding them accountable? Downgrading them isn’t a real big deal. That doesn’t last long. They’ll be back next season making bad calls.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It are they holding them accountable? Downgrading them isn’t a real big deal. That doesn’t last long. They’ll be back next season making bad calls.
agreed.they should be fired after twice messing up

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That ref is terrible. The dip shit threw a 15 yard penalty on Hendershot and it was not his leg flailing. Flopping has no business in pro sports. I was ready to get pissed at Hendershot until I saw the replay. The penalty should have been tossed on the lions

Tahuyaman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know nothing of this Lonnie Shelton, but it is claimed he got this nickname 1st in the late 70's

Randy White got it between 75 & pre 77 season.
Cant find exactly when, but he was already called the Manster the year Hollywood Henderson found out why you dont mess with the manster.
You guys are triggered about the origin of a nickname. That’s about as insecure as it gets. I’ve seen some crazed and irrational fans before, but you guys take the cake.

Do you think 49er fans have their panties in a knot over Joe Montana being called “Joe Cool” before Joe Burrow?

Lol.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are triggered about the origin of a nickname. That’s about as insecure as it gets. I’ve seen some crazed and irrational fans before, but you guys take the cake.

Do you think 49er fans have their panties in a knot over Joe Montana being called “Joe Cool” before Joe Burrow?

Lol.
Pointing out your mistake isn't being triggered. Crying about being corrected is TRIGGERED.