• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's take a closer look at Brady's MVP performance in the Super Bowl, shall we?

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest problem with the MVP going to golden boy was MOST of his passes were dinks and dunks. Hardly any of his passes went 20 yards through the air. I mean it was Edelman in my honest opinion.

Brady threw two ints. Both critical. One inside the red zone.

I know the Pats fans will bring up the TD pass to Gronk. Ok, that was that pass. I mean that must have been tough for him. Considering the sheer size of Gronk.....

Anyway. Edelman should have been MVP.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest problem with the MVP going to golden boy was MOST of his passes were dinks and dunks. Hardly any of his passes went 20 yards through the air. I mean it was Edelman in my honest opinion.

I know the Pats fans will bring up the TD pass to Gronk. Ok, that was that pass. I mean that must have been tough for him. Considering the sheer size of Gronk.....

"he didnt throw it far enough for me"

Brady YPA: 7.6, 6.9, 7.1 (7.2 avg)
Brady YPC: 12.0, 11.4, 11.0 (11.47 avg)

Brees YPA: 7.7, 7.9, 7.5 (7.7 avg)
Brees YPC: 12.3, 11.6, 10.9 (11.60 avg)

so brady over the last 3 years averages about half a yard less per attempt and had nearly identical YPC per catch as drew 'air it out' brees...

yup

1.5 feet

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. That was likely what Seattle was giving the Patriots. Even then it's not as easy to sustain a drive just dinking and dunking as people think. A drop or an incompletion or two can easily derail a drive.

I think Brady earned the MVP but Edelman was certainly worthy as well.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....like I said before = Edelman/butler/BRADY .......3/way MVP split....!

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I agree that Edleman should have been MVP, QB's may be judged by many intangibles aside from YPP.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad it wasn't a Seahawks fan that was OP. You can never win pointing out injuries, because that's the way the NFL rolls. Injuries happen. It was a heck of a game, one of the better SuperBowls ever. Drama right up to the end. Hated the ending of course, but still...a great game.

Always a classy poster, great response!

You can't use injuries as an excuse for a loss. Players get hurt all the time.... You can fault Carroll from throwing the ball (though I still think it was the right call) but that's about it

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MNKOY1M.gif

LOVE THIS!!

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OP is full of shit trying to cut down one of the best QBs ever but the point about injuries is indeed spot on. Esp in a game as close as that one. Jeremy Lane's absence from the game alone may well have changed the outcome.

No way would the Pats have beaten last year's Seahawks SB team. Not a chance.

Extending that, I do think that in a game as close as the Giants/Pats 2nd SB, an unhobbled Gronk likely would have changed the outcome of a game as close as that.

Sure, injuries happen to all teams but they are not at all equal by any stretch. Pats were very fortunate with injuries this year.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My night wouldn't be complete without your childish thoughts. It's like a glass of warm milk zzzzzzzzzzzzz. Metamucial for you or do you use prune juice now?

So you can't spell either, along with can't count, can't respond above a 5th grade level....
You must have got your education at the University of Morons.....
Try Hooked on Phonics, it may help you Corky !!!!

b1ec99e7-bbdd-463d-94b0-f327764b663e_zpsbhnhznvl.jpg

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you can't spell either, along with can't count, can't respond above a 5th grade level....
You must have got your education at the University of Morons.....
Try Hooked on Phonics, it may help you Corky !!!!

b1ec99e7-bbdd-463d-94b0-f327764b663e_zpsbhnhznvl.jpg
Did I spell ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ wrong spelling champ? Last I checked this was a sports page. So how long did you spend in those lockers when the athletes put you there? No womder you're so angry Skippy.

Not sure where I "got" my education? Maybe the same place as you?

Last edited:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were beat up on D .... I was worried about that going in... But that's football sometimes... This is why I tell people don't cap on Manning for the prior year, Our D was a ridiculous monster when Manning and the Broncos faced them, Brady didn't have the same worry .... In the end though the Pats won it, and we can only blame ourselves not the injuries... After everything was said and done it all came down to the last play on the 1 .... We blew it ... Pats won it ... they're the champs

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the spell nazis are the worst...its what they lean on when their point fails.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the spell nazis are the worst...its what they lean on when their point fails.
I know too funny. I spelt wonder wrong in my last post I'm sure OldDrool will be on that when he wakes up from his nap.

I wonder if I'll have to be kept after school for my spelling errors? What's funny is OldDrool was never made to stay after school. He volunteered so he wouldn't get beat up. Well that and after the janitor let him out of the wall locker.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team plays every game with the players that they have available. Doesn't matter if it's game one or the Super Bowl. If all of this stuff about the Seahawks having injuries is so i8mportant, maybe they should have just passed on the Super Bowl and found a less injured team to compete. Maybe the Packers or 49ers or Cardinals could have taken their place. I'm sure that the Seahawk fans would have graciously accepted a less injured team playing in their stead. Then again, go back to the two weeks before the Super Bowl and find where all of these injuries were listed as "OUT" on the Seahawks injury report.

OR Did the Seahawks Lie and Cheat? Did they NOT report injuries? Should the NFL hire Ted Wells to investigate the Seahawks and their Injury Report?

Jeeez you know that there'd be another 200 threads if the Patriots didn't have an honest Injury Report.

I had a stroke on the Friday before the Pats and Eagles played in the Super Bowl in 2005. Reading all of the bitching, moaning and whining helped me recover my facial features because I laughed and smiled so much it helped restore my facial muscle reflexes.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your biggest problem should've been that your broke ass QB wasn't playing in the SB to even have the opportunity to "dink and dunk" to his 4th Lombardi. Just sayin.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your biggest problem should've been that your broke ass QB wasn't playing in the SB to even have the opportunity to "dink and dunk" to his 4th Lombardi. Just sayin.

You do realize that he was giving credit to other players who are also Patriots...right???

I have no idea what the majority of Patriots fans are going to do when Brady retires.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were beat up on D .... I was worried about that going in... But that's football sometimes... This is why I tell people don't cap on Manning for the prior year, Our D was a ridiculous monster when Manning and the Broncos faced them, Brady didn't have the same worry .... In the end though the Pats won it, and we can only blame ourselves not the injuries... After everything was said and done it all came down to the last play on the 1 .... We blew it ... Pats won it ... they're the champs
i still cant fathom how carroll didnt know he showed a routine pattern on goal line situations like that. he ran that same set of plays like 5 times inside the opponent 5 in reg season games. run to lynch, 2nd down throw a slant.

i mean, i understand his logic...kind of...maybe thinking the pats expected a run, but they clearly didnt as butler had been practicing jumping that route all week in practice.

either way, you run foshizzle lynch there...brady is looking at a 3rd cons SB where he gave his team the lead late and the defense blew it on an amazing, once in a lifetime catch and cost him the game.

when kearse caught that on his back, i nearly shut my tv off. i literally said" this guys fucking cursed".

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i still cant fathom how carroll didnt know he showed a routine pattern on goal line situations like that. he ran that same set of plays like 5 times inside the opponent 5 in reg season games. run to lynch, 2nd down throw a slant.

i mean, i understand his logic...kind of...maybe thinking the pats expected a run, but they clearly didnt as butler had been practicing jumping that route all week in practice.

either way, you run foshizzle lynch there...brady is looking at a 3rd cons SB where he gave his team the lead late and the defense blew it on an amazing, once in a lifetime catch and cost him the game.

when kearse caught that on his back, i nearly shut my tv off. i literally said" this guys fucking cursed".

I know man ... I think it was Bevell that made the play call though... Pete obviously could a said HELL NO were going to Lynch but he didn't ... Bevell is notorious from getting cute in goal-line situations, I swear I was screaming at the top of my lung DON"T PASS THE EFFIN BALL BEVELL!!! I swear ... You can imagine my frustrating when he called a fricking slant route.... And yeah I hear ya on the catch by Kearse, I was like in disbelief because it felt so much like the New York games... But hey, great defensive play by your DB jumping that route, he timed it perfectly... BUT NO WAY in hell should we have run a slant route their... OMG, I"m causing my self pain again.... LOL .... I was praying Bevell would lose his job as our O-coordinator but he didn't .... I"m about tired of that guy's stupid play calling ... He always out-thinks the situation and tries cute little things when it's not necessary ...

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know man ... I think it was Bevell that made the play call though... Pete obviously could a said HELL NO were going to Lynch but he didn't ... Bevell is notorious from getting cute in goal-line situations, I swear I was screaming at the top of my lung DON"T PASS THE EFFIN BALL BEVELL!!! I swear ... You can imagine my frustrating when he called a fricking slant route.... And yeah I hear ya on the catch by Kearse, I was like in disbelief because it felt so much like the New York games... But hey, great defensive play by your DB jumping that route, he timed it perfectly... BUT NO WAY in hell should we have run a slant route their... OMG, I"m causing my self pain again.... LOL .... I was praying Bevell would lose his job as our O-coordinator but he didn't .... I"m about tired of that guy's stupid play calling ... He always out-thinks the situation and tries cute little things when it's not necessary ...
relax, have a beer...before the stroke kicks in.