• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's take a closer look at Brady's MVP performance in the Super Bowl, shall we?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah injuries are a big deal. But injuries are also a constant in the NFL and it's something all teams have to deal with. Yes teams play better when everyone is healthy.. Are people saying the Seattle D wasn't any good in the Superbowl?

Here's a question. Would last years Denver team have won if they played this D?
A what if question? Who knows.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This minus all the folks , could of been me watching the SB. Had a great time, right up to the end, that was like a kill shot to the gut. I'm all better now though.

Ha! I couldn't believe it either. At that point, I was explaining the complexities of the game to a niece when my sister said: "Look, your team just intercepted the ball!" Needless to say, I was in a state of shock for a minutes.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doea this mean we can count the 2011 SB as a win because Gronk was "damaged"?

5 going for 6!!!

:)

Actually, THAT loss was on Welker and his butterfingers. But, it's nice to see we can write off the loss to NYG because of Gronk's injury. "If only he had played"

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah injuries are a big deal. But injuries are also a constant in the NFL and it's something all teams have to deal with. Yes teams play better when everyone is healthy.. Are people saying the Seattle D wasn't any good in the Superbowl?

Here's a question. Would last years Denver team have won if they played this D?

BAHAHA! After seeing Peyton Manning against that D a year earlier?? And knowing how Peyton sucks in big games? I give them a shot if Kubiak is under Center.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, back to the OP's original point:

Tom Brady won the Superbowl as part of the Superbowl Champion Patriots.
I'm glad he got that straight.....

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what about the pats SB's vs NY where brady had a bad foot, and gronk had a bad leg?

what about donta hightower playing all year (and the superbowl) with the same injury as earl thomas?

those dont count right?

Dont'a Hightower to have shoulder surgery after helping New England Patriots win Super Bowl | AL.com

New England Patriots linebacker Dont'a Hightower will have shoulder surgery now that the Super Bowl is over. The former Alabama All-American made five tackles in the Patriots' 28-24 victory over the Seattle Seahawks in Super Bowl XLIX on Sunday night, including bringing down running back Marshawn Lynch at the New England 1-yard line on Seattle's next-to-last snap.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported on Monday afternoon that Hightower would have surgery on his injured right shoulder.

Hightower played hurt down the stretch in the regular season and in the postseason for the Patriots. He injured his shoulder in the fourth quarter of New England's game against the Green Bay Packers on Nov. 30. Hightower missed the Patriots' next game, then played in two games before sitting out the meaningless regular-season finale. Hightower came back to play in New England's three postseason games.
Not to mention Hightower made the game saving tackle on Lynch. NE Starting RB and MLB out almost the entire season. More Pats ended up having off season surgey not just should've had surgeries.

Guess that's why Seattle got nicknamed the Legion of Boo Boos.

Injuries suck but they are part of the game.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@beardown07 I did my research. Now let's see if Pats fans respond reasonably or just resort to being dismissive and calling everyone haters.
I think I just threw up in my mouth. Are you a fictional writer by choice?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I opened this post I thought I was going to see Brady giving Butler his truck:noidea:

NorEEzta

Behold: A Pale Horse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Survival of the fittest.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, here we go.

1st: Injuries are part of the game and to count them as the reason ONE player 'carved' them up is simply stupid. In the 13-14 season, Patriots had the same injury-riddled fate and still made it to the AFC championship, not to forget they had a basically new receiving corp and their defense well, let's just say it wasn't the Legion of Boom. I doubt Wilson and co can replicate that in this football era.

2nd: Who played on the SEA team in that SB and were obviously injured or still recovering? You mentioned them. Which team did more unethical damage? PATS or SEA?

3rd: Edelman didn't do anything unsportsmanlike. He didn't break Lane's wrist - Lane did when he tried to break his fall. You're looking into this waaay too much and finding fault where there is none.

4th: "What Brady did in that game, the worst half of QB's in the NFL could have done easily. Even with all of the injuries, the Hawks managed to intercept Brady twice." Seriously? How can you refer to one half of Brady's SB performance and count 2 interceptions that happened in two halves? SMH.

5th: "It turns out that the injury situation prior to the SB had an even bigger effect on the Seahawks." Maybe because they are not the Patriots. It's amazing what the Patriots can do when they play as a team and win games because of it. Remember when Brady was injured and PATS still had a winning season?
Managing the cap and having depth also helps get through a season.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez the Pats fans are having some kind of fest. The General made the classic mistake of bringing up injuries, let's not get carried away here. Yeah, I know the general posts some iffy stuff, but dang you Pats fans are really eating this up. Meh I'm sure you all like this better then deflate gate, carry on.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez the Pats fans are having some kind of fest. The General made the classic mistake of bringing up injuries, let's not get carried away here. Yeah, I know the general posts some iffy stuff, but dang you Pats fans are really eating this up. Meh I'm sure you all like this better then deflate gate, carry on.
Kind of a quiet night. Pat fans on the prowl.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's all part of the fun. We Pats fans will never shy away from a good argument :D

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not me Harold !!.....:D

78004a5b-df13-48f3-a046-b24fbfaf5aa6_zps6fnlhtqh.jpg