• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL Official Thread

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey fellas............just a little update: I really hate to say this but there is a good chance I don't play this season. Not sure if I can get my computer fixed in time..................sucks as I was thinking year 3 might be my year. Just let me know when I have to give you all a for sure answer.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't been able to check back much. . So sorry about that. Had enough time to read back a page and saw the weekly vs daily discussion. . Or part of it. Chalk me up as weekly only, daily leagues involve a far bigger time commitment and can be skewed heavily in favor of those who have more time, but not necessarily better at playing the game.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree Treff. Daily leagues are terrible IMO. Losing in a certain category on Friday and switch it up to catch up? IMO, the second best part of fantasy baseball is the decision on which players to go with every week. His one start vs his two? Bench the Rockie on the road for six games?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think it is time to talk rule changes:

1. we have OBP, go back to BA
2. if possible(not sure if the site has this option), change the Period week from Monday-sunday to friday to thursday
3. We have Wins, go to QS
4. We have saves, go to Saves + Holds

any other change requests send ASAP...

My vote would be BA, Fri-thurs, Wins, Saves

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2. if possible(not sure if the site has this option), change the Period week from Monday-sunday to friday to thursday

My vote is the exact opposite of yours, except for saves.

OBP, Mon-Sun, QS, saves

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Avg
Don't care
Wins
Saves

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just for an explanation on Friday-Thursday...

Not sure if the site will let us do it, but it is the better period... Unlike with Monday to sunday, every team plays on Friday so the DL is known before lineups are needed to be set...

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OBP-honestly don't have a huge preference, but at least walks are more taken into account
Monday-Sunday- the DL really only becomes an issue once or twice a season, and is generally something that affects everyone. My preference is bad on when I have the time to sit down and properly prep my lineup. . And for me, and I think a safe assumption, most everyone, that is the weekend, not Wednesday evening/Thursday mornings
Wins- QS might be a better measure of the pitcher on his own, but I still refuse to vote for a stat which is flawed in its definition. 6 innings and 3 earned is not quality. 7 and 2 is.
Saves+Holds- still far too few actual closers, which leads to far too many teams being forced to punt the category way too easily. Adding holds eliminates the "being forced" issue, and makes punting the category a risky strategy move.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point on saves + holds Treff.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Yahoo, the only site that we can change to??

Is there other options?? ESPN?? anything else??

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OBP-honestly don't have a huge preference, but at least walks are more taken into account
Monday-Sunday- the DL really only becomes an issue once or twice a season, and is generally something that affects everyone. My preference is bad on when I have the time to sit down and properly prep my lineup. . And for me, and I think a safe assumption, most everyone, that is the weekend, not Wednesday evening/Thursday mornings
Wins- QS might be a better measure of the pitcher on his own, but I still refuse to vote for a stat which is flawed in its definition. 6 innings and 3 earned is not quality. 7 and 2 is.
Saves+Holds- still far too few actual closers, which leads to far too many teams being forced to punt the category way too easily. Adding holds eliminates the "being forced" issue, and makes punting the category a risky strategy move.

I vote the same.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Yahoo, the only site that we can change to??

Is there other options?? ESPN?? anything else??
Tlance can play on ESPN as well, that's the other option. Either one is fine with me.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tlance can play on ESPN as well, that's the other option. Either one is fine with me.

Hello from the great beyond. It's me, Big D. I just borrowed an account for a minute to chime in, and see what the status is on the former fantrax leagues. I get the impression it is still more or less being worked on, but, I have been out of the loop for a long time.

That, and to have folks here that played in my Yahoo leagues last year to make sure to get back to me as to whether or not they will be playing again this year. Some have told me long ago, but, I'm old, and have forgotten. As such, please hit me up at [email protected] with a yes or no, so I can stop holding league spots, and given them to those who can and will be playing this year.

Hope this stays up long enough for guys to see it, with maybe an idea that the first person to read this to copy my e-mail, to share with womever may need it.

Better go for now, and hope all is well with everyone.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Treff, I get your thinking on saves. But I'll counter that point with the fact that closers at the beginning of the year don't always stay in that role. Injuries and performance can boot a guy out of that role. And if you stay on top of these things, you can snag a closer or two. Options will always be out there, even if not right as the season begins.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Treff, I get your thinking on saves. But I'll counter that point with the fact that closers at the beginning of the year don't always stay in that role. Injuries and performance can boot a guy out of that role. And if you stay on top of these things, you can snag a closer or two. Options will always be out there, even if not right as the season begins.
True. . But same could be said of every position. And even still. Picking up some setup man that gets a temporary chance at closing on a marginal team is no different than trying to combat teams heavy in steals by picking up Rajai Davis and Eric Young, it's not going to work.

I get what your saying but having a few guys that MIGHT get a save, is not really competing in the category, and you may as well punt

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. . But same could be said of every position. And even still. Picking up some setup man that gets a temporary chance at closing on a marginal team is no different than trying to combat teams heavy in steals by picking up Rajai Davis and Eric Young, it's not going to work.

I get what your saying but having a few guys that MIGHT get a save, is not really competing in the category, and you may as well punt

i would rather have owners punt than players losing value because the talent pool is so big... Punting is a strategic choice!!!

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Put Tommy down for.
1. OBP
3. Quality Starts
4. Saves+Holds

Also, Yahoo scoring weeks are Monday to Sunday with lineups set by Sunday night, period.
Not sure about ESPN.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those picking QS would you prefer QS% or QS?? If QS % I would change my vote...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey fellas............just a little update: I really hate to say this but there is a good chance I don't play this season. Not sure if I can get my computer fixed in time..................sucks as I was thinking year 3 might be my year. Just let me know when I have to give you all a for sure answer.
Don't worry Sammy, I think you have time.