• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bears 2024 Draft Thread

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @wood20ks did you see who the Raiders took in the 1st round?

In case you didn't....it was the guy you took in the mock draft we participated in.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably the best game film and analysis I've seen on Odunze to date:

Think we got a keeper here, gents.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @wood20ks did you see who the Raiders took in the 1st round?

In case you didn't....it was the guy you took in the mock draft we participated in.
He should be a good one for you guys,plays more than just a te.....not sure if if Minshew is your guy,but he should help......

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should be a good one for you guys,plays more than just a te.....not sure if if Minshew is your guy,but he should help......
The "next Travis Kelce" dropped to pick 13??? I cannot believe it. Wait, the Raiders drafted Myers (sp?) last year too. Now they have two Travis Kelce's! Good luck stopping that.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chargers currently have Quentin Johnson (1st round pick) and Joshua Palmer (3rd round pick) on top of their depth chart at receiver. Maybe....just maybe....the GM and HC are okay with these guys starting?
Quentin Johnson sucks. Palmer is ok at best. But to assert they didn't choose a WR because they have these two players shows how little you know of the Chargers. Maybe...just maybe....Harbaugh values the line more than WRs?? You know, indicated by his entire coaching history? Derrr?

Yes, we know. You're a genius. The rest of the 7,999,999,999 people living on the planet are idiots.
Stop flattering me. But definitely most of the regulars on this board are absolute idiots including you.

Burrow's injury trouble last year began in training camp.
Burrow hurt his wrist by a hit by Clowney last year, which knocked him out rest of season. Figure it out already sheez, old geezer.

By most metrics the Bengals were an average to slightly above average OL in 2023. And all they've done in the offseason is add Trent Brown and draft Amarius Mims. Idiots. Just idiots.
If they were average to above average, why did you bring them up you boob? as the argument was about given two positions of need which is more important WR or oline? Now you are declaring their oline wasn't a position of need, which makes this entire argument MOOT. This is what happens when you talk to old farts about football...

Nevermind you don't know what a checkdown is....what a middle linebacker is....who Doug Williams was....you rode the Mitch train.....and you duck your way out of discussing football at any given chance.
Grey pubes:

* Bears will be top 5 in sacks and i'll bet you $500 (Bears finished last. 3 out of the 5 defensive lineman whom grey pubes cites as reason for the top 5 in sackers, were released)
* Thinks Mooney being Tyreek Hill light isn't an outrageous claim
* Loves JF and still think he can read a defense
* "who cares about draft picks, we're going to mess it up anyway"
* "whether we have the first pick or second pick, it would have ended up the same way"
* Claypool for a 2nd was a great trade. After year 1: Wait, you to wait til year 2 to know for certain uhhh bc that way i still have a chance of being right.
* Kmet is an average TE even though he's not paid like it
* Bears need a backup (lol) pass catching TE. Bears sign Tonyan. Tonyan 112 yards the whole year.
* "
Can’t block

Can’t rush the passer

Can’t cover

Can’t block on a screen

But yeah….let’s draft a QB

That will turn this franchise around"

You're an idiot dude.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've often wondered and perhaps will for some time to come, if the Bears hadn't signed Everett, would Bowers been at the top of Poles draft board. There just isn't enough room on a roster for three primarily pass-catching TEs. They would have almost had to turn Bowers into a WR or somehow create a hybrid type of position. It's a moot point now and I'm damn glad we have Odunze, but it does serve as food for thought.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've often wondered and perhaps will for some time to come, if the Bears hadn't signed Everett, would Bowers been at the top of Poles draft board. There just isn't enough room on a roster for three primarily pass-catching TEs. They would have almost had to turn Bowers into a WR or somehow create a hybrid type of position. It's a moot point now and I'm damn glad we have Odunze, but it does serve as food for thought.

I dont think Bowers was the go too guy.....

Have you ever watched Football Night In Chicago.....
Poles was interviewed and he said he was nervous about his guy being there at 9,and when Atl took Penix,he was ecstatic we were getting Rome.....

Now whether if Rome was not there,he didnt say who was next in line.....

So yes,Rome was his intended target.....

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great draft, great first two picks. As it worked pit the pick for Punter and Edge should have probably been flipped, but since the Bears snagged both, what does it matter?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great draft, great first two picks. As it worked pit the pick for Punter and Edge should have probably been flipped, but since the Bears snagged both, what does it matter?
It's possible that Poles felt the punter wouldn't make it to him by the 122nd pick. Altho at the time he took the punter in the 4th, we didn't have that other pick, so it could also be he felt at that time it would be his last one of the draft and wanted to make sure he got him. Both of these are 100% guesses of course.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm normally not a Colin Cowherd fan. I have him ranked quite high within the blowhard sector of the sports commentary world. But he's on point for his take on the Bears draft:

"There's only one way to win in that division, and it's not defense," he said. "You're going to have to outscore people. . . . last season, the Chicago Bears were 27th in passing. They're not going to look anything like that this season. They were a terrible fourth-quarter team. They could not play from behind. You have to be able to play from behind, especially in a division with three offensive coaches and stacked offensive rosters. The Bears couldn't last year. But now they have two legit receivers and now a rookie who could be a third, two legit tight ends, a good running back, two legitimate tackles, and yes, a much better quarterback. It's not close."

Small wonder Poles spent the first three of his five picks on the offense.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Poles interview by Pat McAfee and his team:

Nice to see a former punter show his appreciation for the Bears taking Tory Taylor.