• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL Official Thread

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got your response to my pm chef. Any chance that the B league would change to a daily league? I would give up my spot if someone who is a weekly guy wants it. That's really not my thing. Like having more control over what's going on with my teams. :suds:

Dunno, you'd have to ask Milk about that. My work schedule doesn't really fit with daily, so I know I'd have to vote no.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunno, you'd have to ask Milk about that. My work schedule doesn't really fit with daily, so I know I'd have to vote no.

Do we want/need the same settings for both leagues. If they can be different and people in B agree that they like daily over weekly. That wouldn't effect you in A league as I read it your slotted into that league correct? Could workout but if i'm the only guy wanting daily i'll just step aside for another guy. :suds:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we want/need the same settings for both leagues. If they can be different and people in B agree that they like daily over weekly. That wouldn't effect you in A league as I read it your slotted into that league correct? Could workout but if i'm the only guy wanting daily i'll just step aside for another guy. :suds:

interesting that you are such a dally person... didn't realize that daily only players existed... I personally am a weekly only person...

there is no point of an A-B league if they are going to have different rules, otherwise aren't they just separate leagues??? and the fun of the A-B league is to compare them and reward and punish the winners and losers... And for that reason i would also vote no on different settings...

I hope that does not mean we lose you as an owner, we are in need for new blood, and we know you are a good owner...

As a selling point, i will tell you that this league isn't only about fantasy, the fun part is that we are all Hooplites, and there is a place to converse and joke around...

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am with you on the daily normally, But this league was enjoyable with it being a weekly league.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
interesting that you are such a dally person... didn't realize that daily only players existed... I personally am a weekly only person...

there is no point of an A-B league if they are going to have different rules, otherwise aren't they just separate leagues??? and the fun of the A-B league is to compare them and reward and punish the winners and losers... And for that reason i would also vote no on different settings...

I hope that does not mean we lose you as an owner, we are in need for new blood, and we know you are a good owner...

As a selling point, i will tell you that this league isn't only about fantasy, the fun part is that we are all Hooplites, and there is a place to converse and joke around...

I am also a daily only player. I really have no interest in a weekly league.

A and B would be separate leagues no? One league does not affect the other and if i'm in league B I probably would spend very little time if any looking at league A.

I will also withdraw myself to give someone else a chance who enjoys weekly leagues.

Thanks for the invite Chef... :suds:

Good luck y'all...

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tommy asked me to post this, it is the MBBRL constitution which was posted on the Fantrax site last season.

MBBRL Constitution
  • All voting will include members of both leagues. Both leagues must use the same scoring system.
  • Voting: ⅔ Majority (8/12) is necessary for changes in format or in league settings. ¾ majority (9/12) is necessary for changes in the league Constitution once it is ratified by the owners.
  • Playoffs: Top 6 teams get in. If the league ever expands (or contracts) we will use a simple majority vote in order to determine the appropriate number of playoff teams.
  • Settings: Any and all settings can be changed by a majority vote (8/12). This would include line-up deadlines, trade wait period, and many, many more.
  • Trade Vetoes: Trades can be voted down if 4 or managers veto or reject the trade. If a trade is vetoed, those who vote against must state why they voted it down and give each party involved in the deal an opportunity to state their case.
  • Draft: Reverse order of regular season finish.
  • Dead Team Provision: If a team has been inactive for 14 days with no communication to the league commissioners, the commish will email the owner. If the owner does not respond and remains inactive, the commish will take control after 21 days of inactivity. The commish will use the following rules to manage the roster:
  • Using the Y! YTD rankings, the highest ranked player at each position will start. If the team has too many injured players to fill out a complete line-up, then the commish will drop the lowest ranked injured player (using Y! O rank) and pick up the highest ranked free agent to fill the spot.
  • After 35 days of inactivity and weekly emails sent by the commish, the commish reserves the right to replace the owner on an interim basis. If the owner of the dead team's absence was due to extenuating circumstance, the league can vote to re-instate that owner.
  • If the owner re-establishes contact with the league before 35 days, they will be given back control of their team on a probationary status. The league will vote at season’s end as to whether the owner will be allowed back in for the following season.
  • League Expansion: Simple majority vote will be used to determine if and when we expand. We could either attempt to start a “B league,” or we could add more owners to our already established league. In the event of a “B league” creation, re-leaugation policies would also be voted on using a simple majority.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, two down...thanks anyway, Shady and Nos. Seeya on the football side. :suds:

So that makes 7 we need? Some of you guys may think it's early, but I was scrambling to recruit guys for Tlance last year...it'd be better to get it done.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another time filler...
In one of my 5X5 rotisserie keeper leagues I need to keep 2 of these three:
Melancon, Zobrist, Trumbo

We keep 7- these choices not great but I took this team over this year and will be building from here. My other 4 keepers:
Encarnacion, Samardzija, Hanley, Gerrit Cole and Pablo (required keeper)

Comments?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not Zobrist, IMO.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another time filler...
In one of my 5X5 rotisserie keeper leagues I need to keep 2 of these three:
Melancon, Zobrist, Trumbo

We keep 7- these choices not great but I took this team over this year and will be building from here. My other 4 keepers:
Encarnacion, Samardzija, Hanley, Gerrit Cole and Pablo (required keeper)

Comments?

I would hate to tell you to keep a closer, but Trumbo should only be eligible as an OF this year. I can't see keeping an OF with a .220 BA.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, two down...thanks anyway, Shady and Nos. Seeya on the football side. :suds:

So that makes 7 we need? Some of you guys may think it's early, but I was scrambling to recruit guys for Tlance last year...it'd be better to get it done.

The guy who ran the espn league that I used to play in is interested in joining. Maybe his son and another player or two as well. When I hear back from him I'll let you know and pass along his contact info.

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would hate to tell you to keep a closer, but Trumbo should only be eligible as an OF this year. I can't see keeping an OF with a .220 BA.

Trumbo started 43 games at 1B so I'd hold him. As for a Zobrist, he did start 23 games at SS so if he qualifies in your league it's something to consider since SS is a crap shoot this year.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trumbo started 43 games at 1B so I'd hold him. As for a Zobrist, he did start 23 games at SS so if he qualifies in your league it's something to consider since SS is a crap shoot this year.

Zobrist only has value in an OBP league or a league that counts Walks... All other leagues i wouldn't even draft him in the 23rd round!!!

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks for all the input guys. It is tough shuffling through the trash looking for keepers. I was able to trade draft picks for Pujols (my third for his fifth) and I am going to keep a closer, Melancon (figure this will keep me from reaching for one in the draft).

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, I just saw him listed as playing in the league. Figured that meant he was on The Hoop again.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When does this shindig start?