• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's off season and I'm bored....

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what Florida does in OOC scheduling is just fine. It's not like they don't play a good opponent ever. FSU is a top 5 program the last 30 years collectively. To have that on your schedule every year is very good. They also play Miami once every five years, which is a top 10 program in the last 30 years.

Would it be cool to see them do a home and home with Ohio State, ND or Penn State etc, yeah that would be cool IMO, but travelling up north does them no good, it's not exactly a hot bed for recruiting. When all your players come from about 3 or 4 states, and they all produce high quality players, travelling away from them is dumb IMO. There just aren't a lot of options for Florida to do a home and home with within their region because of rivalry OOC games.

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think its funny that Florida gets a hard time for not leaving the state for OOC games but I have to admit I don't blame them.

1. It really hasn't ever hurt them.
2. It is much easier on the team from a travel standpoint.
3. Closer to your fanbase.
4. Keeps all the money in the state.

Personally I think OOC games away are a good idea for expanding brand awareness and for recruiting purposes but if they don't want to take advantage of those opportunities so be it.

All of you guys keep missing the BIG PICTURE:

How many NON-CONFERENCE P5 opponents does Ohio State have IN OHIO? ZERO Thus, they leave the state for P5 OOC games.
How many NON-CONFERENCE P5 opponents do Michigan and Michigan State have IN MICHIGAN? ZERO Thus, they leave the state for P5 OOC games.
How many NON-CONFERENCE P5 opponents does Texas have IN Texas? ZERO Thus, they leave the state for P5 OOC games.
How many NON-CONFERENCE P5 opponents does Oklahoma have IN Oklahoma? ZERO Thus, they leave the state for P5 OOC games.
How many NON-CONFERENCE P5 opponents does Nebraska have IN Nebraska? ZERO Thus, they leave the state for P5 OOC games.
How many NON-CONFERENCE P5 opponents does USC have IN California? ZERO Thus, they leave the state for P5 OOC games.
How many NON-CONFERENCE P5 opponents does Oregon have IN Oregon? ZERO Thus, they leave the state for P5 OOC games.
How many NON-CONFERENCE P5 opponents does Washington have IN Washington? ZERO Thus, they leave the state for P5 OOC games.
How many NON-CONFERENCE P5 opponents do Alabama and Auburn have IN Alabama? ZERO Thus, they leave the state for P5 OOC games.
How many NON-CONFERENCE P5 opponents does Tennessee have IN Tennessee? ZERO Thus, they leave the state for P5 OOC games.

Now,
How many NON-CONFERENCE P5 opponents does Florida have IN Florida? TWO Thus, UF DOESN'T HAVE TO leave the state for P5 OOC games. FSU and Miami have been ranked a combined 38 times in the past 25. seasons.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of you guys keep missing the BIG PICTURE:

How many NON-CONFERENCE P5 opponents does Ohio State have IN OHIO? ZERO Thus, they leave the state for P5 OOC games.
How many NON-CONFERENCE P5 opponents do Michigan and Michigan State have IN MICHIGAN? ZERO Thus, they leave the state for P5 OOC games.
How many NON-CONFERENCE P5 opponents does Texas have IN Texas? ZERO Thus, they leave the state for P5 OOC games.
How many NON-CONFERENCE P5 opponents does Oklahoma have IN Oklahoma? ZERO Thus, they leave the state for P5 OOC games.
How many NON-CONFERENCE P5 opponents does Nebraska have IN Nebraska? ZERO Thus, they leave the state for P5 OOC games.
How many NON-CONFERENCE P5 opponents does USC have IN California? ZERO Thus, they leave the state for P5 OOC games.
How many NON-CONFERENCE P5 opponents does Oregon have IN Oregon? ZERO Thus, they leave the state for P5 OOC games.
How many NON-CONFERENCE P5 opponents does Washington have IN Washington? ZERO Thus, they leave the state for P5 OOC games.
How many NON-CONFERENCE P5 opponents do Alabama and Auburn have IN Alabama? ZERO Thus, they leave the state for P5 OOC games.
How many NON-CONFERENCE P5 opponents does Tennessee have IN Tennessee? ZERO Thus, they leave the state for P5 OOC games.

Now,
How many NON-CONFERENCE P5 opponents does Florida have IN Florida? TWO Thus, UF DOESN'T HAVE TO leave the state for P5 OOC games. FSU and Miami have been ranked a combined 38 times in the past 25. seasons.
Texas AM went back to the Big12?

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas AM went back to the Big12?
No, UT and TA&M just can't seem to get along long enough to play. Apparently, they are both in time out.

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard a stat today about Auburn but I don't know if its true. Anyone know if it is true that they aint won @ LSU in like 15-16 years? :eek:

Auburn plays AT LSU in odd years, so they will play in BR this year. Auburn hasn't won at LSU since 1999.