• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023- Season Wrap Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will first do a run down of my own team then try to do a quick take on the rest of the teams.

Asian Alley Cats

This was a heck of a team for me this year. Maybe not my "deepest" team ever. I think I was deeper last year but it was overall core to core a solid team. It was my best RB crew in Soul 12 history and that really carried my team combined with solid QB and WR play. Not my best drafted WR year but overall was still solid.

QB's
Drake Maye had another great year for me. Not much I need to say here. Stats wise he may have not been as good this year as last year with less weapons on offense but it was pretty close. He had a few games he didn't throw a lot of touchdown passes in unlike last year but usually made up for it by scoring on the ground. He had a few games where he rushed for over 100 yards.

My QB 2 was not bad but it was probably weaker then my normal QB2 position in years past.
I used Armstrong early and he was ok but not what I was hoping for. I could tell he wasn't going to be my QB2 for long as he was mostly rolling out 16-21 points (tops) and then he was replaced by MJ Morris. Sadly, I only got to start Morris once because when he got the starting spot he torched Marshall in the week I started him only to be followed by a brutal schedule with Duke, Clemson, Miami and a bye week. During those weeks I was able to use a surprising Carson Beck and a little bit of Drew Allar. Beck was really a surprise to me. Not that he was "great" but I never thought I would depend on him as much as I did. I think I ended up starting him in at least half the games this year and he ended up being the guy I started in the title game. When I drafted Beck I figured I may use him once, twice tops. Took him as a "safe" bet, to just have a guy I knew was going to start but didn't expect to use him anywhere near as much as I did. He had a few really good games and then mostly solid games (minus the title game where he didn't do much but I didn't need him to). He overachieved for my fantasy wise and he ended up basically becoming my QB2 after the Armstrong benching and Morris getting the tough part of NC State's schedule. I started Beck over Armstrong a game or two even before his benching. Beck was an unsung hero of this team.. Gave us more then we expected. Started Allar for 2 or 3 games. Really not a great fantasy QB but I think one of his starts was his best weeks and the other 1/2 starts was pretty average. He served his purpose and we got what we needed out of him I suppose. In a heavy bye week and a tough Allar schedule matchup I even rolled out Avery Johnson for a week but that didn't turn out well as Will Howard was back that week from injury.

RB's

This was my deepest RB crew ever and I have had some decent RB's but in recent years my WR's were better then my RB's. I had 4 solid RB's in Benson, Gordon, Martinez and Hampton. My toughest decision of the week was usually which one to sit. I used all 4 pretty well weaving through bye weeks and after bye weeks I used the matchup game. Minus Gordon who was just insane after about week 4. I felt like I would end up using Kaytron Allen a lot more then I ended up using him (just used him 1 time in a bye heavy week in which he got hurt and only scored me 1 point) and Trevor Etienne, while a hard start with Montrell Johnson sharing carries, I did use him a bit early in the season before Gordon busted out. This was a very strong crew for me, my deepest ever and probably one of the strongest in Soul 12 history. Martinez had some ups and down this year because he didn't score a lot of TD's but ran for a decent amount of yards. I did start him in his biggest games though so it worked out. He had 5 TD's in his final two weeks before the title game then I sat him vs a good Oregon run D.

WR's

I have had better WR crews but overall this crew was pretty solid. No real studs but had some big games here and there then basically played matchups and about 6 WR's contributed to my success this year. Worthy never had that HUGE game but I started him every week and usually got 10-15 from him. Never that 20 plus game like he showed his FR year but he was a pretty safe bet to score double digits. After that, Restrepo had some bigger games and had some lows too but he was more on then off. After that the followingn all had some solid moments for me (George, Anderson, Wilson III, Kelly, Bond, B. Brown) I never really got that consistent play out of any of them but all of them had some solid games for me this year and I was able to use the matchup approach with these guys and it ended up working out really well for me. My RB and QB1 play really allowed me to be able to play the WR matchup game so that I didn't need WR's to blow up to have success, I just needed good weeks from them and that happened. Barion Brown was not what I drafted him to be but I still got a few decent games out of him and by seasons end the other guys were consistent enough that I didn't have to rely on Brown like I did at the start of the season. Fun crew, won't go down as a top 5 WR crew for me but they all contributed in good ways. They were what I needed them to be. my WR core this year was more like my RB core of the past few years where it was decent and I could play them based on matchups or I had guys get better as the year went on. Where as my RB crew was more like my WR crew of the past where I had a solid 4/5 studs from start to finish. My WR/RB crew was sorta reverse of past years. Josh Kelly was sort of a good story for the Cats. A guy I picked off waivers but never used, cut him. Brought him back the last week of waivers and gave him the start in the title game and while he didn't pull a Journey Brown he pulled down a nice game. I debated him vs, Bond, vs George, vs Anderson vs Wilson but figured a shootout vs a poor Washington pass D. Didn't end up a shootout but he had an 8 catch 100 yard plus game and a TD which would have been a higher fantasy score then any of the others I debated so while the Beck/Armstrong decision didn't pan out this one did although 2 of the other 4 had similar numbers by catching a TD as well.

K
My kicker was pretty average this year. Kell and Bond were fine. I didn't get any HUGE games from them but I think they each had one 15 plus game. They weren't Zane Gonzales or Cade York for me but they were good enough.

Is anyone still reading this? Probably not.

Would love to see others break their team down.. I know most are ready to move on but hopefully get a little activity out of this thread.

I will add a little post about each team here soon. Will try and keep it short.

Last edited:

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minus the first year since we were all new the first year of Soul 12 debut season.

@rmilia1 becomes just the second first year owner to lead his team to a title game. The other being BSUSeahawk who did it in his first season. Kudos to him. He did it with basically one keeper too with Jalen McMillian basically missing most of the season.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Short takes on others teams.

Typing these blurbs up quickly so ignore grammar mistakes.

End Zone Divas- Very strong team this year. Once Milroe busted out this team became very dangerous. Solid at RB with good depth. WR core was not horrible but probably held them down from contending for a title. Squirrel White didn't turn out very good with Tenn's offense struggling most of the year. Finished decent, started horrible. Badger had some moments. I think the Antonio Williams injury hurt this team as he looked like he might be their most dependable WR early on but an injury kept him out for most of the season. He probably wouldn't have made a HUGE difference but would have made this team stronger at WR. WR's had some decent weeks but never really had a consistent strong WR on the roster. Not weak at WR either as some of the mid round picks provided some punch at certain times of the season. Really good draft this year and just think if Tony is in the other division and Jonathon Brooks doesn't tear his ACL there is a strong chance he may have won it all as he was just 3 points off my score although all 3 of his RB's had good championship week games so Brooks would have had to have a heck of a game. The RB's on this unit were really strong with Sawchuk ending the season on a strong note. 7 td's out of the RB's this week and nearly 500 yards rushing. A team that I don't think ever started his second keeper (Jabari Small) due to bad options. Although he did get some use out of Jaylen Wright who was the start over Small.

Orgy or Evil- One of the strongest top two QB's of all time. This was a pretty good team. I think one thing that was tough about this team is deciding who to start each week. Certain players on this team were weird this year with really high or low scores. Never really knew what to expect with the RB's and WR's. Overall solid team. Jawhar Jordan was a great pick. Team had solid depth. Guys like Golden, Giddens, Jonah Coleman, Corey Kiner were hard to know when to sit vs start and OB got a lot of good out of them. Baxter and Robbins didn't offer a lot this year. Nix and Caleb Williams combination was deadly week in and week out for the most part.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skeet Shooters-

I feel like this team looked a bit dangerous early/mid on and then really struggled late and then went out the last week with a bang. McCord wasn't as good as maybe we had anticipated as a fantasy QB. QB2 was a problem here but Fifita was a good pickup just a little too late. WR's seemed pretty good here. Malik Washington was one of the best pickups of the year. He made up for the down year the Wake offense had that impacted the Jahmal Banks pick. Rodney Hammond took a major dump after looking good last year when given the rock and Nick Singleton just shares too much of the rock to be relied on as a consistent RB here. The RB room and inconsistent QB play really held this team back but JB was able to muster up an ok season. Started off winning, struggled at the end in the W column and then took his frustration out this week. This team was prepared for their bowl game. Rumor is JB didn't hand out the IPOD's, Air Pods and other electronic gifts unless they won this game so the motivation was off the charts. Good tactic JB.

Drunk Jocks-

Pretty solid team. I thought Jackson was going to end up way better then he was. As good as Dillonn Gabrielw as for me last year he was even better this year. The QB play here was solid with Gabrield and playing matchups with Hartman and Howard. Hartman not as good fantasy wise as he was at Wake but had some big moments and Howard was a good start most weeks when Hartman wasn't which seemed to be the case more often as the season went on. Braelon Allen and Marvin Harrison Jr were very strong keepers especially after Fickell decided he was a run team and not a pass team. Not a lot of depth here which hurt the team. Not much waiver activity this year which could have helped this team but overall a dangerous team week in and week out. Brian Thomas was the WR steal of the draft. Jalil Farooq was a letdown. A guy I considered taking when I took Barion Brown. The Gabriel/Farooq combo wasn't as good as the Gabriel/Mims combo and no 3rd WR ever emerged here so Farooq was used nearly the entire season with not many touchdowns or high volume of catches. The top two WRs were great though so they more then made up for the lack of depth at WR here. Overeall, I liked the starting core of this team but it really lacked the usual dept we are use to with Red Snow's teams. I think that was the difference between this team being good and a serious contender.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dawgfathers- Proud of my man DHoey with this team. He could have laid down and gave up. What looked like on of the weakest teams early in the season ended as one of the stronger teams the last 4 weeks or so of the season. He got himself out of the bottom. Was at the bottom of the division and through believing in this team they went from 6th to 4th the final week of the season and won their bowl game. QB's were deep on this team. Problem is they were also weird. Cam Ward, Morton and Plumlee had to be a bit frustrating. Hard to know which one to start in the right week. Garrett Greene was a solid waiver claim but probably wasn't use as much as he should have been late in the year. Was hard to start him over some of the other QB's on this roster but it turned out he was more consistent then anyone could have ever imagined. RJ Harvey was a steal. WR crew wasn't real good here. Tez Johnson broke out at the end of the year when Oregon basically became more one dimensional trying to get Nix a Heisman. This team had a lot of potential but a lot of inconsistent players in which DHoey probably left more points on the bench then any team in Soul 12 history. A better team then their record indicates and a dangerous team at the end of the season.

Waxy Frogs- Sort of the opposite of the Dawgfathers. I really thought this team would contend better then they did. They looked good to me on paper. Injuries hurt this team once again. QB play was inconsistent. Had to rely on DJ U too much and he often had 10-18 point games. Thrash started off looking like a star but soon vanished. Shipley was a letdown. Jadyn Ott was pretty good. Like last year you never knew what type of week he was going to have but he had some huge games and the decision to keep him over Cowing to Q's displeasure wasn't really a big deal (which I didn't think it would be) I think overall OSU drafted well this year but is probably frustrated with the results. A team that on paper looks dangerous to me but it never really came together. Had some bad luck matchups early in the year and then by the end of the year underachieved and injuries just really gave them no chance.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winsley's Warriors-

Honestly thought this team was way better then it showed. Winsley's Warriors were the only team to beat the Asian Alley Cats this year and it happened in Week 1. First 3 weeks I had them pegged as the potetnial front runner of the Blue division but they had to stay healthy to do so. Not a lot of depth here but they had solid QB's (with depth at QB) and then the top 3 WR core looked as good as any the league. The RB room looked like an issue early on but Tahj Brooks and Devin Neal were solid. I am surprised he didn't use Montrell Johnson a little more at flex and bye weeks. He was a little tough with sharing carries but scored a TD in almost every game. Sometimes 2 tds but I also get he had other decent maybe more safe options at there. The Texas A&M QB injury hurt his QB depth and it also hurt Evan Stewart after a great start. Stewart then finished injured and guys like Sanders, Tahj Washington, etc cooled off a bit after a fast start. Kobe Hudson, Tyler Van Dyke and Taulia Tagovailoa had some good moments but were hard to know when to start. Guru used them when needed. The biggest letdown here is probably his keeper Cam Rising, never playing a down and first rd pick Roman Hemby being a huge letdown after a solid season last year. Sanders didn't have the same end of the season as he did the start and that hurt a bit here too. Burden and Troy Franklin were terrific although Burden did slow down later in the season when Schrader and Cook started scoring all of Mizzou's tuddy's. This team is better then the record says but the depth hurt them and they just never really clicked at the same time like they did the first few weeks of the season. Also, forgetting to cut a player when games started hurt his overall point total but he would have lost that week anyway.

California Raisins- Tough year for Navin. Injuries killed him once again and he struggled to score 100 points most weeks. Had one really good week. Klubnik did not offer a good year fantasy wise. Egbuka was hurt much of the year and by the end of the year Navin quit messing with it because he never knew if he was going to play or not. Pearsall was a steal for this quad. RB was very weak. Judkins was solid but not as good as last year. Behind that he had to rely too much on Henry Parrish and Logan Diggs which both had some good momennts but no depth at WR or RB here. QB play was spotty. Jack Plummer never really had those good Brohm moments as they became a run first team, Emory Jones was Emory Jones... Few good weeks and a bunch of below average weeks. He is who we thought he was. Waivers helped a little bit with this team but not a lot. Seems like in typical Navin fashion nothing worked for him this year no matter who hard he tried. I think Navin and DHoey are consistently famous for getting screwed by mystery injuries or last minute scratches. At some point you just get irritated enough to stop wasting energy when at the end of the day it didn't end up mattering. I appreciate Navin's effort here just a tough all around year for him. He will bounce back next year if he can ever overcome drafting "questionable" injury tag players every week. Even Judkins was doubtful one week and he pulled him only to have him actually play in the game and score a TD (but not play much after) Just Navin's luck. The keepers looked good but between Egbuka's injuries this year and Klubnik's inconsistency's it was just a letdown. Donovan Edwards was a bit of a gamble early on that didn't pay off because Corum stayed healthy and the notion of giving Corum less carries and Edwards more was totally opposite of what happened. Judkins ended the season better then he started and overall was pretty good but not as good as you would have expected as the clear #1 pick this year. Ricky Pearsall was a nice pick and a good consistent start as the season went on. Really a bright spot for Navin's squad. McMillian also turned out solid for Navin. WR room ended up the strong part of the team but even that was a bit inconsistent and not much depth here overall. Navin should be set up nice next year keeper wise. The Nelson era shall begin for him.. At the same time he probably just made it a sure bet that he will have an injury plagued college career.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heisman Hopefuls- A team that started off really well and then just hit a brick wall after about week 6. This team went from good to bad in a hurry. Not much else to explain here. QB was a major issue. Shrader was bad. Leonard was bad. Davis, Bailey and Donaldson were decent but inconsistent. Q has to hate Garrett Greene for poaching RB's from a 242 lb RB. Ray Davis started off great, had some quiet moments and ended well. Emani Bailey was pretty consistent. WR's were rather weak. Just hard to find consistency among the group of WR's. All had their moments but Q basically had to flip a coin on WR starters. Depth hurt this team. Q will go from worst to first next year so it will be an amazing story in Soul 12 history.

Smurf Turfers- Started off brutal. WR's were weak, QB's were weak. RB's outside Corum were weak and then...... This team became very dangerous. Cody Schrader became a thing real fast for this team. Rahiem Sanders was an injury riddled player who never turned out this year and missed several weeks. When he did return he wasn't much of a factor due to injury and then finally shut it down. If you look at Schrader as his first round pick it doesn't look so bad. Overall this team became legit dangerous at the end of the year thanks to guys like Cook, Schrader and Leggette stepping up. Corum was Corum. The QB's were decent if you selected the right week when to start Milton vs Rattlers vs whoever else. The inconsistency at QB was an issue. The WR's were a big time issue but ended up getting a true #1 in Leggette after the Wells injuy. Presley emerged late to help this team but having to start Mario Williams, Chase Roberts and JP Richardson for most of the season hurt. Richardson got better as the season went on and Roberts at least could find the end zone which didn't make this unit HORRIBLE as the season went on. Waiver claim of Roman Wilson helped out, only issue was his best games were when he wasn't on the roster and it seemed like when he did give Wilson the start was his worst games and when he sat him he had good games. Same bad luck with stuff like that and really a much better team by the end of the season but I am guessing his point aganist was one of the highest in the league. This team was scoring 120-129 most of the last month of the season yet still losing because of bad luck matchups. Here is how bad his luck was this year.. Q dropped 134 on him the final week of the season after averaging about 75 a game the previous 7 weeks. Just seemed like this team found ways to lose. They were sort of the Los Angeles Chargers of the league. Started off poor and ended well but still ended up losing because of playing teams at the wrong time. About the last 4 -5 weeks of the year I thought this team was going to win nearly every game they played until I looked at who they were playing in which he got the wrong matchup at the wrong time. Kudos to Seahawk though for ending well even if the W's don't show it. Dangerous team as the season went on but bad luck and too late. If we were to start the season over this team might have a shot. Sanders injury and WR crew with inconsistent QB play really hurt this team but he had some studs on this team as the season went on. Mizzou was his hot spot this year.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heisman Hopefuls- A team that started off really well and then just hit a brick wall after about week 6. This team went from good to bad in a hurry. Not much else to explain here. QB was a major issue. Shrader was bad. Leonard was bad. Davis, Bailey and Donaldson were decent but inconsistent. Q has to hate Garrett Greene for poaching RB's from a 242 lb RB. Ray Davis started off great, had some quiet moments and ended well. Emani Bailey was pretty consistent. WR's were rather weak. Just hard to find consistency among the group of WR's. All had their moments but Q basically had to flip a coin on WR starters. Depth hurt this team. Q will go from worst to first next year so it will be an amazing story in Soul 12 history.

Smurf Turfers- Started off brutal. WR's were weak, QB's were weak. RB's outside Corum were weak and then...... This team became very dangerous. Cody Schrader became a thing real fast for this team. Rahiem Sanders was an injury riddled player who never turned out this year and missed several weeks. When he did return he wasn't much of a factor due to injury and then finally shut it down. If you look at Schrader as his first round pick it doesn't look so bad. Overall this team became legit dangerous at the end of the year thanks to guys like Cook, Schrader and Leggette stepping up. Corum was Corum. The QB's were decent if you selected the right week when to start Milton vs Rattlers vs whoever else. The inconsistency at QB was an issue. The WR's were a big time issue but ended up getting a true #1 in Leggette after the Wells injuy. Presley emerged late to help this team but having to start Mario Williams, Chase Roberts and JP Richardson for most of the season hurt. Richardson got better as the season went on and Roberts at least could find the end zone which didn't make this unit HORRIBLE as the season went on. Waiver claim of Roman Wilson helped out, only issue was his best games were when he wasn't on the roster and it seemed like when he did give Wilson the start was his worst games and when he sat him he had good games. Same bad luck with stuff like that and really a much better team by the end of the season but I am guessing his point aganist was one of the highest in the league. This team was scoring 120-129 most of the last month of the season yet still losing because of bad luck matchups. Here is how bad his luck was this year.. Q dropped 134 on him the final week of the season after averaging about 75 a game the previous 7 weeks. Just seemed like this team found ways to lose. They were sort of the Los Angeles Chargers of the league. Started off poor and ended well but still ended up losing because of playing teams at the wrong time. About the last 4 -5 weeks of the year I thought this team was going to win nearly every game they played until I looked at who they were playing in which he got the wrong matchup at the wrong time. Kudos to Seahawk though for ending well even if the W's don't show it. Dangerous team as the season went on but bad luck and too late. If we were to start the season over this team might have a shot. Sanders injury and WR crew with inconsistent QB play really hurt this team but he had some studs on this team as the season went on. Mizzou was his hot spot this year.

Not bad.

My QBs got injured

Even shrader’s backup got hurt

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My QB situation was a mess.

It started with the mistake of taking Shrader over Jordan Travis.

Taking Daniel Jones part 2, i mean Riley Leonard was meh. Duke ran the ball more in the RZ tahn they shoudl've with a guy with his size and athleticism. he was a decent QB but not great before he got hurt as well.

Drew Pyne was supposed to start at ASU but he only played like 1 game due to injuries.

I missed on Thorne and didnt' expect Auburn to play 2 QBs the first 3/4 of the year .

I messed up my waiver moves getting Altmyer. Timmy McClain gave me some decent spot work.

I was just not good on waivers this year. And bit me in the ass hard.

My RBs were decent but up and down. Davis was good most of the time but a few game kentucky stopped using him in the RZ...which was odd.

Bailey was pretty consistent but sanders got a bunch of RZ carries early.

I missed on like...all my WRs. A bunch were good the first 5 weeks, and then they all just died. And even weaver, who was an early hit, couldn't find the EZ after he got hurt and came back.

I'll have to regoup and figure things out next year. But this one is gonna be tough to get back from.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go back to the film room Q... You can turn this thing around.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good run down on my team. I think I used less waiver points this year then any other year. Mostly because I liked my team and couldn't find much outside Darius Taylor who is injury prone. Wish I had found another WR or two but just couldn't.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m glad Malik Washington did this for jb and not for me last year…

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m glad Malik Washington did this for jb and not for me last year…

It was about 30% payback of what he owes you for Charlie Jones the year before.

Red Snow

Hoopla Cash
$ 769.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks to everyone for another fun year. I had a blast as always. Congrats to DC and Rmilia1 for making the championship.

I felt my team was pretty solid this year but not as consistent as I would have liked. Draft ended up pretty decent. I wasn't as active on waivers because there were a lot of players that showed a good 1 or 2 weeks from a depth standpoint then just vanished.

Cartevious Norton, Nate McCollum, Myles Price, Le'Veon Moss are examples of this. Right when I thought I might have something with those guys they would miss games due to injury or throw up an egg. Could never really depend on them but ended up having to depend on them and getting mostly light results.

I really liked my QB unit this year, especially considering I had no keeper QB and didn't pick until 12th this year. The draft was fun, the season was fun and seeing how everyone else did was fun. Seeing how are opinions/ strategy in July/August end up going at the end of the season is always fun to see.

I am looking forward to the draft next year.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing beats Soul 12 draft time. Nice Summer days of nothing but 2 weeks of selecting and blowing up everyone's phone.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing beats Soul 12 draft time. Nice Summer days of nothing but 2 weeks of selecting and blowing up everyone's phone.

I miss it and am looking forward to next year already

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good write up, that's how I felt most weeks. When I was able to watch college football this year I'd always see guys like Schrader or Corum having massive games and think "I gotta win this week", but someone else would have a ridiculous amount of points. I'd also see a QB going off and quickly realize I didn't start him. Outside of Cook, I definitely didn't have the right feel for who was going to perform. Some of it was game script... Milton and Rattler in particular were never really that good, but every now and then they'd get into massive shootouts and compile numbers... on my bench.

Receivers were terrible, for the 2nd year in a row. That's going to be a point of emphasis for me next year. I was way too heavy on RB... I had multiple guys that I couldn't start who were total studs because Corum and Schrader were auto-starts every week. I also got burned by the BS injury-hiding multiple times. I usually wouldn't even realize a guy was out (like Marshawn Lloyd a couple times) until the game was well underway.

I liked my team overall, but just could never get it going on a week to week basis. If you told me that my keeper QB and 1st round pick RB were virtual zeros all year long, I would have thought my team was a lot worse than it was. Have a couple decent keeper options for next year too, so that's nice. Just have to hope Oklahoma goes with Arnold.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waxy Frogs- Sort of the opposite of the Dawgfathers. I really thought this team would contend better then they did. They looked good to me on paper. Injuries hurt this team once again. QB play was inconsistent. Had to rely on DJ U too much and he often had 10-18 point games. Thrash started off looking like a star but soon vanished. Shipley was a letdown. Jadyn Ott was pretty good. Like last year you never knew what type of week he was going to have but he had some huge games and the decision to keep him over Cowing to Q's displeasure wasn't really a big deal (which I didn't think it would be) I think overall OSU drafted well this year but is probably frustrated with the results. A team that on paper looks dangerous to me but it never really came together. Had some bad luck matchups early in the year and then by the end of the year underachieved and injuries just really gave them no chance.

Shipley continues to tradition of me drafting RBs who had big years the year before and then them having about half the production the next year when they are on my team. That really set me back.

Ott will be a major player for me next year. Think it was definitely the right choice to keep him since he still has eligibility going into 2024.

QB once again hampered by injury. Jalon Daniels never really getting to play hurt me quite a bit. DJ U had some nice games but yea he was just average a lot of the time too. At least Jordan Travis managed to make it through until the last week.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ott is a baller. I would have kept him if I had to make that decision.

omareasy34

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amid the relentless demands of work, I've found myself grappling with writer's block. In seeking to unravel my thoughts on the Soul12 quarterback conundrum, I've turned to the assistance of an AI. The following is its rendition, channeling the spirit of American author Cormac McCarthy:

In the parched expanse of the Soul12 draft, I held the trump card, a returning Heisman winner, Caleb Williams, his name echoing with the promise of glory. With the third pick in my grasp, I teetered between the allure of Arkansas' Raheim Sanders, a running back with legs of thunder, and the steady hand of Bo Nix, a quarterback of quiet competence.

My instincts steered me towards Nix, envisioning a dual-threat offense, a symphony of passing and rushing, leaving our opponents flustered and defeated. I saw Williams' Heisman magic intertwining with Nix's seasoned poise, a potent combination that would strike fear into the hearts of our rivals.

Nix put up nearly a Heisman-winning season himself in 2023, his arm a veritable cannon, his passes finding their mark like guided missiles. His performance, though not quite Heisman-worthy, was nevertheless a solid foundation upon which our offense could build.

Dante Moore, a wisp of a lad with the promise of greatness, floundered in the harsh realities of the Soul12. His talent, a delicate flower in the arid landscape of our offense, wilted under the unforgiving sun of expectations.

I yearn for a new horizon for Dante, a place where his potential can flourish, where his skills can blossom under the tutelage of a seasoned offensive maestro. I dream of him finding his niche, his true calling, where he can emerge as a stalwart force, a keeper in my arsenal for the coming battles.

The year of Q looms on the horizon, a season ripe for the plucking, a time when Q will undoubtedly reign supreme. I envision Dante, reborn and revitalized, a beacon of hope in that year of Q, ready to claim his rightful place among the Soul12's elite.

Status
Not open for further replies.