• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Draft

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we get the 2nd best D man in the draft we would then have to trade one of the young defenseman for a forward at some point because we eventually will have too many playing in the minors as there is only so much room on our big club for all the defense we expect to come up.
The top 3 dmen are projected #1's. Morin and Sanheim are our top 2 at this point followed by Ghost and Hagg. Manning looks better than several regulars at this point. The only long term deals are Streit and A Mac. If there is a log jam then try to make a deal for a forward. There should be a high return.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we get the 2nd best D man in the draft we would then have to trade one of the young defenseman for a forward at some point because we eventually will have too many playing in the minors as there is only so much room on our big club for all the defense we expect to come up.

The way things are going these days, having 'too many' young dmen is a fantastic problem to have. Teams will overpay to take them off the Flyers hands. It wouldn't even cross my mind to draft Player A over Player B because the Flyers need a forward more than dman. If Player B is the better player, I take him.

I would consider drafting a dman over a higher rated forward if you had more forward depth, but that's not the position the Flyers are in.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
awaz's expected picks ahead of us
1. Buf - McDavid
2. Phx - Eichel
3. Edm - Hanifin
4. Tor - Strome
5. Car - Crouse
6. NJ - Marner
7. Columbus - Provorov

draft pick trades
Carolina has LA's pick (12)
Edmonton has Pitt's pick (17)
Toronto has Nash's pick (24)
Winipeg has St. Louis pick (26)
TB has NYR's pick (30)
Phi has TB's pick (25)

All pick numbers n such based on standings as of today

potential trade partners to move up?
I don't see the Sabres or Coyotes moving their picks. Two generational talents, two teams that need one of those badly. Edmonton, they've got a zillion prospects, I doubt they'd be interested in moving back for more picks. They need high end, especially on the blue line which fits for Hanifin at 3. Toronto needs a 1C, Strome could be that. I don't see them moving back either. Carolina needs value. I could see them moving back, but they already have LA's pick also. Do they really move out of the 5 spot to have 3 picks between 8 and 25? Maybe they do? NJ needs top 6 talent, if Marner falls to them at 6, I can't imagine they move out of that spot. If the draft goes like this, there's no sense in trading 8 and 25 for 7. Anybody worth moving up for is taken IMO. Werenski is still there if you want defense. Plus the Jackets may pass the Flyers in the standings anyway.

So basically, the only team I would see trading with the Flyers is the Canes. They need to fill the cupboards. They're a bad team with a bad prospect pool. Could be a fit. Would put them in position to get Marner possibly?

Used HockeysFuture to help with prospect pools: Hockey's Future - Fall Team Rankings 2014-15

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'm way too hyped up about this draft considering it's almost 3 months away :/

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is exciting because it appears we will have our pick of an elite level prospect at 7 or 8 regardless of who picks who ahead of us.

Either an elite forward will fall to us or we can select the 2nd or 3rd best defenseman in the draft.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We really need an elite forward prospect. If someone like Crouse or Strome falls to us, I would definitely take him.

Of course, if we were to somehow win the lottery, all is well and none of this matters.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Edmonton picks #4 and misses out on Hanifin they would be insane to select Marner or Strome. Yes, BPA, but that will only work to a certain extent. A top 6 of Eberle, RNH, Hall, Yakupov, and Marner would be eaten apart. Let them trade back with us and take Provorov or Werenski, and we get the skill that we actually have a need for.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Edmonton picks #4 and misses out on Hanifin they would be insane to select Marner or Strome. Yes, BPA, but that will only work to a certain extent. A top 6 of Eberle, RNH, Hall, Yakupov, and Marner would be eaten apart. Let them trade back with us and take Provorov or Werenski, and we get the skill that we actually have a need for.
So far this is the best plan I've heard. Please let this happen.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. I don't know who would take Hanifin ahead of the Oilers though. I'd think Phoenix and Buffalo are taking forwards regardless of if they 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. And McDavid is going #1 regardless of who wins the lottery.

Who knows though I guess. Only guys I would trade up for are Marner and Strome though. McEichel would be too expensive and I think Provorov, Hanifin, or Werenski will be available at 7 or 8 and between the 3 of them I don't think there's enough difference to warrant trading up.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I don't know who would take Hanifin ahead of the Oilers though. I'd think Phoenix and Buffalo are taking forwards regardless of if they 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. And McDavid is going #1 regardless of who wins the lottery.

Who knows though I guess. Only guys I would trade up for are Marner and Strome though. McEichel would be too expensive and I think Provorov, Hanifin, or Werenski will be available at 7 or 8 and between the 3 of them I don't think there's enough difference to warrant trading up.
Not even if we could give up the 8th pick and a 4th in 2017 round and get Marner.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we do pick 7th, someone we covet is likely going to fall to us. So, I wouldn't bother trading up.

Marner may even fall to us at 7. If not, then Provorov, Werenski and Crouse will probably all still be available.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we do pick 7th, someone we covet is likely going to fall to us. So, I wouldn't bother trading up.

Marner may even fall to us at 7. If not, then Provorov, Werenski and Crouse will probably all still be available.

I would probably be excited about anybody in the top 15-20 of the majority of draft rankings except for Crouse. I think he's destined for the bust label. All the physical tools but he doesn't put up the points worthy of a top 10 pick.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Arizona picks 3 I could see them going Marner. Go with the skill over defense just like Drouin over Jones. I don't know if they play on a line, but the Coyotes could have all of London's Marner, Domi, and Dvorak. Then again, maybe they will just go with Hanifin if they really feel he is BPA.

Just heed to have the draft positions locked in so we can get real discussion. Perish the thought of Toronto winning the lottery. Hopefully Arizona or someone out West wins. Or us. :D

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Arizona picks 3 I could see them going Marner. Go with the skill over defense just like Drouin over Jones. I don't know if they play on a line, but the Coyotes could have all of London's Marner, Domi, and Dvorak. Then again, maybe they will just go with Hanifin if they really feel he is BPA.

Just heed to have the draft positions locked in so we can get real discussion. Perish the thought of Toronto winning the lottery. Hopefully Arizona or someone out West wins. Or us. :D

My biggest fear is someone below the Flyers winning it. I'd hate to drop a draft slot because someone won the damned lottery. McDavid in Toronto would be as unbearable as Crosby in Pittsburgh though.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can now finish no higher than 8th.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
awaz's expected picks ahead of us
1. Buf - McDavid
2. Phx - Eichel
3. Edm - Hanifin
4. Tor - Strome
5. Car - Crouse
6. NJ - Marner
7. Columbus - Provorov

draft pick trades
Carolina has LA's pick (12) - LA pick was lottery protected and the Kings were eliminated. Canes get '16 1st.

Edmonton has Pitt's pick (17)
Toronto has Nash's pick (24)
Winipeg has St. Louis pick (26)
TB has NYR's pick (30)
Phi has TB's pick (25)

All pick numbers n such based on standings as of today

potential trade partners to move up?
I don't see the Sabres or Coyotes moving their picks. Two generational talents, two teams that need one of those badly. Edmonton, they've got a zillion prospects, I doubt they'd be interested in moving back for more picks. They need high end, especially on the blue line which fits for Hanifin at 3. Toronto needs a 1C, Strome could be that. I don't see them moving back either. Carolina needs value. I could see them moving back, but they already have LA's pick also. Do they really move out of the 5 spot to have 3 picks between 8 and 25? Maybe they do? NJ needs top 6 talent, if Marner falls to them at 6, I can't imagine they move out of that spot. If the draft goes like this, there's no sense in trading 8 and 25 for 7. Anybody worth moving up for is taken IMO. Werenski is still there if you want defense. Plus the Jackets may pass the Flyers in the standings anyway.

So basically, the only team I would see trading with the Flyers is the Canes. They need to fill the cupboards. They're a bad team with a bad prospect pool. Could be a fit. Would put them in position to get Marner possibly?

Used HockeysFuture to help with prospect pools: Hockey's Future - Fall Team Rankings 2014-15

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....holy shit awaz. Great find. That's a gold mine

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The BJs play the Sabres tonight. They have 2 games left and if they get 1 point they finish above us. We are looking at 7 unless were get fucked in the lottery which would move us to no worse than 8.