• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Draft

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People have to realize that 8 and 22 have one year left on their contracts - if they can't move them(I hope they do) then there just has to be patience involved

exactly. waiting an additional year won't hurt any of the young guys. moving 8 or 22 for less than value just to make room for young guys, will hurt the team long term I think. wait it out, at least until the TDL next year when you can get better value for them (if you can't over the summer).

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance we buy out a guy like McDonald?

I would say very little. I don't know what the recapture penalty is for him, but I don't think buying him out would save them much money. Just not worth it. While he's not a 5 million dollar dman, he can still be serviceable. No sense in buying him out if it doesn't save you money.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly. waiting an additional year won't hurt any of the young guys. moving 8 or 22 for less than value just to make room for young guys, will hurt the team long term I think. wait it out, at least until the TDL next year when you can get better value for them (if you can't over the summer).

As I've pointed out before, if you move 8 and 22 it's because you want to get something good for them, not to clear cap space, because if you're clearing cap space than it tells me they want to do something big in the offseason and I don't think this is the time to try and do that

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People have to realize that 8 and 22 have one year left on their contracts - if they can't move them(I hope they do) then there just has to be patience involved
Right now we have 6 under contract with most of them difficult to move. MDZ is not signed and I think he is 1 guy worth bringing back. Morin would only stick if he is a top 4 player. He is probably already a top 4 with the group we have. The team had no problem sitting A Mac and Schenn this year. These 2 are expensive #7's. I have no problem with patience and letting the young guys develop. That being said, I still think Hexy finds a way to keep Morin on the roster. Its a hunch. Time will tell. September is right around the corner.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been leaning Werenski lately. Seems like a guy the Flyers would covet.

I've lost hope that Marner will be available, but all three of Werenski, Provorov, and Barzal would be great

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch Hanifin fall to the Devils and be the next Neidermayer

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a LW. We need a LW. I like the way it plays out if we go D and then LW.

I really just don't see how he goes from .75 points per game against kids, to an impact player against men. Sure he's got good size and good athleticism, but that would give him a bigger advantage in juniors than it would in the NHL, and he's not producing in juniors. I wouldn't even draft him with the TB pick.

It'd be cool if Svechnikov is available for the TB pick.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really just don't see how he goes from .75 points per game against kids, to an impact player against men. Sure he's got good size and good athleticism, but that would give him a bigger advantage in juniors than it would in the NHL, and he's not producing in juniors. I wouldn't even draft him with the TB pick.

Agreed. Hopefully its D then LW. A stud Dman should be there at 7-8. If one of the top forwards falls, then forward, D. Couse looks too iffy to go that high for us.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If we get the 2nd best D man in the draft we would then have to trade one of the young defenseman for a forward at some point because we eventually will have too many playing in the minors as there is only so much room on our big club for all the defense we expect to come up.