• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Wildcard: Packers @ Cowboys

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree and I think they should either try to trade him if they can or let him walk. And it only has to do with the money that must be paid in today’s NFL for a QB with minimal success. We have had 2 decent QB’s since Troy that have had no success in the post season aka getting to the NFC Championship game. Now we could go into the preverbal QB purgatory walk of trying to find the guy and coming up short aka the Bears Skins Cardinals Browns etc but when you have a guy like Dak that can only get you so far what is the difference?
You’re not playing for SB wins or even NFC championship games you’re just treading water. If we are trying to find the “guy” is that really any different than what we have now with complete playoff failure?
I always thought you paid your players to win championships not just make the playoffs and fail.
I don’t have the answers but I do know this what we have been doing for the last 30 years has not worked and maybe it’s time to stop and do it differently . The in sanity of cheering every year and thinking in the back of your mind will it really be any different in the playoffs Is beyond frustrating. Or maybe it’s time get off the merry go round and cheer from a distance without the investment that has ended in utter disappointment since 1995.
As you say Pday maybe we will live long enough to get lucky and win one in spite of Jerry and his ways.

Onward through the fog
Today I’m not in a go Cowboys mood more of a let’s see what happens to determine how much I want to invest or if I’m pulling my chips, passing on this spin of Cowboys roulette.
Dak has a no trade clause. They gave him ALL the power. He bent them over six ways from Sunday on the contract negotiations

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well then just let him play and move along IMO
Yep,

At some point a franchise QB needs to have good results in playoffs . The issue is Dak probably going nowhere. They can't franchise him. The Jones really screwed up. They should have extended him sooner.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion remains what it did before and during his last contract negotiations and I've seen nothing to change it. You can't keep paying Dak a cap crushing salary when the results aren't there. I absolutely don't blame Dak entirely that the results aren't there but they aren't and it's been enough years to know something major needs to be done differently. So continuing to pay him and keep the same coaches (how this team didn't upgrade the HC when there were great options out there that may not be there next year is just dumb) and mostly the same team will just leave us at status quo for another half decade. If the Jones boys or some fans haven't learned that yet we are headed for more of the same then I don't know what to say. I also feel Dak can win a SB elsewhere, I just don't think it can happen here without a major overhaul and I'm not sure how you have a major overhaul and keep the person who will make $50M per year when that is over 20% of your cap. I for one am fine with a reset year and starting over in 2025 with a healthy cap and then start signing some damn players that can help us. No team in the history of sports has more embodied the "we love our guys" mantra and when you resign players off of a good but not great team every single year, you just guarantee you will continue to be good but not great.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion remains what it did before and during his last contract negotiations and I've seen nothing to change it. You can't keep paying Dak a cap crushing salary when the results aren't there. I absolutely don't blame Dak entirely that the results aren't there but they aren't and it's been enough years to know something major needs to be done differently. So continuing to pay him and keep the same coaches (how this team didn't upgrade the HC when there were great options out there that may not be there next year is just dumb) and mostly the same team will just leave us at status quo for another half decade. If the Jones boys or some fans haven't learned that yet we are headed for more of the same then I don't know what to say. I also feel Dak can win a SB elsewhere, I just don't think it can happen here without a major overhaul and I'm not sure how you have a major overhaul and keep the person who will make $50M per year when that is over 20% of your cap. I for one am fine with a reset year and starting over in 2025 with a healthy cap and then start signing some damn players that can help us. No team in the history of sports has more embodied the "we love our guys" mantra and when you resign players off of a good but not great team every single year, you just guarantee you will continue to be good but not great.
The trade for Lance is a little confusing to me. Was this an insurance in case Dak falters? dak did not get it done the last three playoff losses.

Jerruh also keeping McCarthy for a lame duck season is not wise. This could implode.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The trade for Lance is a little confusing to me. Was this an insurance in case Dak falters? dak did not get it done the last three playoff losses.

Jerruh also keeping McCarthy for a lame duck season is not wise. This could implode.
lol losing in the playoffs every single year is,n t year is,nt faltering?

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know how anyone could argue with your summation. Because in the end, a reboot will be required and soon. Better to bite the bullet sooner.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lance has talent. They need to draft someone else with talent this year if they plan to let him play it out. Michael Penix or Bo Nix would be fine

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems like we fans agree to play out Dak's final year. so who's window are we protecting over the next two to four years?
Lamb?
Parsons?
what guys do we build around?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems like we fans agree to play out Dak's final year. so who's window are we protecting over the next two to four years?
Lamb?
Parsons?
Parsons probably is the best player on the team. I think you continue to build the defense around him. Parsons if not top priority needs to be. Parsons though would be worth a serious haul if they wanted to trade him.

The talking heads like Jesse Holley I don't listen to much. He just looking for attention.

I doubt they move on from Dak. Jones has never done a reset. We can want certain things, but at Jerry's age I don't see him changing and certainly he does not want to rebuild.

McCarthy is set to be the sacrificial Lamb if things go South in 2024.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamb?
Parsons?
For my money it’s Parsons… of course it’s not my money.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamb?
Parsons?
Keep Lamb and build the team around Parsons. He is without question our best player. Diggs and Overshown will be back. Build the DL and OL through the draft, and draft a QB to compete with Lance after next season. A great defense and running game can make a young QB successful, as we learned in Dak's rookie year. Just my two cents

Sir Robin Of Camelot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so...Is Jesse Holley full of shit or could there be a ray of truth here?
Just saw this so I went and did my homework. I suspect there is a little bit of truth on both side of the equation. And if that’s the case then I hope whoever they bring in here at DC corrects the issue. As you note on the other thread, it does seem to be a bit of the “new age player” mentality that an old school coach can address. Especially if that old school coach has the ability to bring one of his old students in to “help”.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw this so I went and did my homework. I suspect there is a little bit of truth on both side of the equation. And if that’s the case then I hope whoever they bring in here at DC corrects the issue. As you note on the other thread, it does seem to be a bit of the “new age player” mentality that an old school coach can address. Especially if that old school coach has the ability to bring one of his old students in to “help”.
maybe it motivates Parsons to study more game film with less free lance IF THERE IS SOME TRUTH to any of this.

Holley does not seem the shock value look at me guy.

BUT....

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys.... jarnnt, PDay, Arlington, and others. It's been a while!

I got "canceled" for a while.... not for being too political, and definitely not like Twisted (I miss him), but let's just say I wasn't able to access my account.

Another predictable ending to another typical year. I never believed the hype....

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just scrolling through and seeing all the names of the same old guys....

Damn! I got tears in my eyes when I came across redskinfan1963... I love this place.