• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Wildcard: Packers @ Cowboys

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so for FA and the draft Dallas needs 2 big men in the middle 3 LB’s at least, 2 OL a WR and 2 RB & new balls to replace the ones the players left at home for the playoff game Ferguson is the only player I give a pass 2.
Been a week and I’m still pizzed

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so for FA and the draft Dallas needs 2 big men in the middle 3 LB’s at least, 2 OL a WR and 2 RB & new balls to replace the ones the players left at home for the playoff game Ferguson is the only player I give a pass 2.
DT's & MLBs

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that we need all of the above . Draft value wise we need to avoid DT in round one. We can't afford to draft another Mazi I would go OL, LB in first 3 rounds. I would be happy with OL and LB in the 1,2nd and 3rd. LB has to be a priority. We need a true ILB that has size. Those safeties we got are nice,but they got shoved out of the way in run support. Using those safeties as a base package failed.

Yeah they got Parsons in round one cuz the fools drafting in front of us passed . This team sucks at evaluating run stopping defensive tackles. I am not all that pisst anymore. Previous seasons I have been though. I think the season ends differently if LVe,Diggs and Overshown did not get hurt. They at least need to draft LVEs replacement early.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that we need all of the above . Draft value wise we need to avoid DT in round one. We can't afford to draft another Mazi I would go OL, LB in first 3 rounds. I would be happy with OL and LB in the 1,2nd and 3rd. LB has to be a priority. We need a true ILB that has size. Those safeties we got are nice,but they got shoved out of the way in run support. Using those safeties as a base package failed.

Yeah they got Parsons in round one cuz the fools drafting in front of us passed . This team sucks at evaluating run stopping defensive tackles. I am not all that pisst anymore. Previous seasons I have been though. I think the season ends differently if LVe,Diggs and Overshown did not get hurt. They at least need to draft LVEs replacement early.
who is the top MLB in the draft?
we are drafting in the back half, so.....

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We desperately need a downhill RB. Dak played his best ball with a young Zeke forcing teams to commit more defenders to the box. When you are paying TP big money, you shouldn't have handoffs clanking off your rookie FB from the one yard line

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We desperately need a downhill RB. Dak played his best ball with a young Zeke forcing teams to commit more defenders to the box. When you are paying TP big money, you shouldn't have handoffs clanking off your rookie FB from the one yard line
Best of the bunch is Trey Benson (FSU). Not what you may call downhill RB. He's good at making the first and second guy miss, has size and speed. Had a bad knee injury a few years ago in college, but seems to be over it. Miyan Williams (OSU) is more likely the kind we will draft - 5th-7th rounder. Reminds me of Rhamondre Stevenson, just hard to get a knockout shot on him and he's got great power, a low center of gravity and plays behind his pads. Can add a second cheap RB, speedster in a small package - Jaden Shirden (Monmouth) for a 7th round.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best of the bunch is Trey Benson (FSU). Not what you may call downhill RB. He's good at making the first and second guy miss, has size and speed. Had a bad knee injury a few years ago in college, but seems to be over it. Miyan Williams (OSU) is more likely the kind we will draft - 5th-7th rounder. Reminds me of Rhamondre Stevenson, just hard to get a knockout shot on him and he's got great power, a low center of gravity and plays behind his pads. Can add a second cheap RB, speedster in a small package - Jaden Shirden (Monmouth) for a 7th round.
I was thinking Derrick Henry....

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do need a more consistent running game, but Dak played his best ball this season

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was his best year. It's not close. One and done is one and done
Has nothing to do with the point I was making. His record was 13-3 and he played great in the playoff game as a rookie. He went 12-5 and played like total dogshit this year in the playoffs. Only difference is he had Zeke back then and he makes $40M more per year now. He needs the running game. He isn't "that guy" that can elevate lesser talent. He wasn't then, he wasn't when you were banging the drum to pay him his last deal and he's not now when he's about to make $50M+ per year

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has nothing to do with the point I was making. His record was 13-3 and he played great in the playoff game as a rookie. He went 12-5 and played like total dogshit this year in the playoffs. Only difference is he had Zeke back then and he makes $40M more per year now. He needs the running game. He isn't "that guy" that can elevate lesser talent. He wasn't then, he wasn't when you were banging the drum to pay him his last deal and he's not now when he's about to make $50M+ per year
You can't play the running game card and ignore the fact that it was by far his best season ever.

When I banged the drum to pay him? I'd like to see those posts.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't play the running game card and ignore the fact that it was by far his best season ever.

When I banged the drum to pay him? I'd like to see those posts.
This was his best STATISTICAL season ever. How do that work out against SF? Buffalo? Green Bay? I couldn't care less that he throws for 4 TD's against 4-13 teams or 400 yards in straight garbage time when GB was up 48-16 after 2 picks including a pick 6 against GB. He had his "best year" and the team is further away from getting to the Super Bowl than when he was a rookie. Pay him $50M+ and he will have less to work with, not more. But the Cowboys tied themselves into keeping him his entire career when they paid him the first time and structured his contract the way they did. I was against resigning him back then. Against it now. I don't think we will ever win a Super Bowl with Dak

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trey Benson would help take a little pressure off Dak and be cheap. 3rd or 4th round. Gaping holes a LB and RB. May be easier to find a starting RB in this draft than LB. This team go to stop reaching early in the draft

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
every year it's something. Last year was fuck Elliott, Pollard is the man and now?

Point remains this team talks about complimentary football and were 8th in pass attempts this season. Did the same with LB too.

Jerry Dak or Fat Boy?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you've said that before my friend. A few times. And you'll say it next year at this time, and the next...at some point, reactionary can still be right
how many QB'S do you see winning games consistantly throwing 40 plus times per game?

i vote one year at 59M.
How you voting?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trey Benson would help take a little pressure off Dak and be cheap. 3rd or 4th round. Gaping holes a LB and RB. May be easier to find a starting RB in this draft than LB. This team go to stop reaching early in the draft
I think it's going to be a very interesting offseason for the Cowboys. They will extend Dak. They have Lamb and Parsons to try and get done. They have drafted well, plus Diggs and Overshown are coming back. I think Lance will be QB2 and Rush released. FA wise, I think they may go full on purge and go super young and hope for the best.
Tyron Smith
Tony Pollard
Stephon Gilmore
Jayron Kearse
Dorance Armstrong
Jourdan Lewis
Dante Fowler
Jonathan Hankins
Rico Dowdle
Neville Gallimore
Tyler Biadasz
Chuma Edoga

Now it's true we will save a ton of money for this season off Dak's restructure alone, but we are currently sitting (-) $11 Million against the 24 Cap. Even with a lot of creativity, paying those big 3 is gonna result in a lot different looking roster over the next couple of years

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how many QB'S do you see winning games consistantly throwing 40 plus times per game?

i vote one year at 59M.
How you voting?
100% on Jerry. It's not Dak's fault that he isn't a HOF QB. It's also not his fault that he tries to max out his money. Lots of guys do. He isn't doing anything wrong.
I don't blame McCarthy. I just think his team was completely not ready to play last week in a game they had no business losing.
It's all on Jerry. He is the one who totally botched Dak's deal and then got bent over. It's his fault that he hasn't drafted a QB since Dak arrived. Its his fault he left himself with absolutely zero choice but to give Dak $55 million a fucking year. It's his fault he went on his radio show and popped off about McCarthy being evaluated after every playoff game, putting massive pressure on Mike.
I posted here 4 years ago (and reposted), that I wouldn't have resigned Dak 4 years ago and would have drafted Jordan Love instead, and I was laughed at by you and a few others. How does that look now fella? That said, should we bite the bullet this time on a $59 million cap hit and not extend him? FFS no. This extension was basically signed when they worked his last one the way they did. No option