• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Cares About The Hat Kaepernick Wears

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if you work for Burger King should you get fired for occasionally going to Taco Bell or Wendys ? You make no sense at all.....:yahoo:

That's a bad analogy. Very different scenario because sports are much more a player specific, fan driven thing. If Burger King, Taco Bell, or any other business that sold a product, food or otherwise, had a face of said business that was known Nationwide/Worldwide and customers of that company were such because of a love for that person and that face then made the decision to wear apparel from a competitor I would consider it to be as poor a decision as this was. He represents the Niners and as such should act with better sense. That shouldn't be such a difficult concept to grasp but apparently it is for some people, him included.

I can only hope he shows better sense moving forward.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a bad analogy. Very different scenario because sports are much more a player specific, fan driven thing. If Burger King, Taco Bell, or any other business that sold a product, food or otherwise, had a face of said business that was known Nationwide/Worldwide and customers of that company were such because of a love for that person and that face then made the decision to wear apparel from a competitor I would consider it to be as poor a decision as this was. He represents the Niners and as such should act with better sense. That shouldn't be such a difficult concept to grasp but apparently it is for some people, him included.

I can only hope he shows better sense moving forward.

You mean the World's most interesting man can't drink any beer but Dos Equis? How sad.

But the scenario is not different. Jarrod is the face of Subway. He doesn't always eat at Subway. Neither do all the other athletes who promote Subway.

It's amazing how this cap nonsense gets more attention then most players DUI's.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the World's most interesting man can't drink any beer but Dos Equis? How sad.

But the scenario is not different. Jarrod is the face of Subway. He doesn't always eat at Subway. Neither do all the other athletes who promote Subway.

It's amazing how this cap nonsense gets more attention then most players DUI's.

For the record, I don't care. But Jarrod doesn't purport to only eat at Subway, nor is it a requisite for him to believe in his product to perform. I don't think wearing a Dolphins hat has any effect on Kaepernick, but I do think that it is a requisite for him to only support the Niners and he does purport to do so, only.

So in other words, no big deal what he wears and don't like the analogy from either perspective.

As for ibangedlolojones' post, no one's calling for Kaepernick to be fired, but I would talk to a national spokesman for Pizza Hut (if I were Pizza Hut) if he drove around in a Dominoes pizza car and was famous.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So simple question here to the former athletes on here....

When you played sports in High School, would you wear another schools team that you play(ed) hat or clothes because it looked good?

Or for College, if you played sports for your college, would you wear another teams stuff cause it looked good?

And for these examples, were talking same division(i.e. D2 being compared to D2)

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if you work for Burger King should you get fired for occasionally going to Taco Bell or Wendys ? You make no sense at all.....:yahoo:

Flimsy analogy. As I said on another post, I work for Pepsi, if I needed a red cap to match my chosen apparel, it wouldn't be a Coke hat. I think you've completely missed the point. Pepsi and/or Coke employees are not allowed to bring the competitors products into the office. If I'm out and about, and someone were to see me wearing a Coke cap, yeah it would look bad.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So to wrap up the offseason topics between seahawk fanbase and niner fanbase.....

Lynch DUI Trial
6th seahawks tests positive for PED's
Bruce Irvin suspended for 4 games for PED's
Richard Sherman gets off on technicality after testing positive for PED's
Several Seahawk Players go off in the media about doing physical harm to Jim Harbaugh (roid rage?)

Oh.... and Kaepernick wore a dolphins hat to the beach.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:
So to wrap up the offseason topics between seahawk fanbase and niner fanbase.....

Lynch DUI Trial
6th seahawks tests positive for PED's
Bruce Irvin suspended for 4 games for PED's
Richard Sherman gets off on technicality after testing positive for PED's
Several Seahawk Players go off in the media about doing physical harm to Jim Harbaugh (roid rage?)

Oh.... and Kaepernick wore a dolphins hat to the beach.

:lol:

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was a team owner (and I am only a few hundred million short of that life goal), and I was paying a QB millions to play for and represent my team, I would have been irate if I had seen this.

Well as a fan, here is what you should be irate about....

031613_falcons_HS06.JPG

Ibangedlolojones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, I don't care. But Jarrod doesn't purport to only eat at Subway, nor is it a requisite for him to believe in his product to perform. I don't think wearing a Dolphins hat has any effect on Kaepernick, but I do think that it is a requisite for him to only support the Niners and he does purport to do so, only.

So in other words, no big deal what he wears and don't like the analogy from either perspective.

As for ibangedlolojones' post, no one's calling for Kaepernick to be fired, but I would talk to a national spokesman for Pizza Hut (if I were Pizza Hut) if he drove around in a Dominoes pizza car and was famous.

So If Kaep puts on a Dolphins uniform on game day then I say I agree with your weak point......

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a fan of the 9ers ,I would never be caught dead with another NFL team's gear on,but that is just my devotion to my team. I'm not sure why Kap would wear a dolphins cap even in a social gathering...his choice...just not mine. Just my opinion.

BigRussianNicolai

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is just CK1's subliminal message on who will be facing the Niners in the SB this year!) Phins Up..Patsies down...

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said he has over what 300-400 hats? He isnt reppin that team he is just wearing it for an accessory. People do buy hats not cuz they like the team but they like the style. My bro wears Yankees hats cuz he likes their hats but doesnt like the Yankees.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said he has over what 300-400 hats? He isnt reppin that team he is just wearing it for an accessory. People do buy hats not cuz they like the team but they like the style. My bro wears Yankees hats cuz he likes their hats but doesnt like the Yankees.

Hey Gold. First of all...welcome to this site. I would ask you this.....would you wear another NFL team's gear? If so....why? Because it looks good? I really don't get it but it may be something new to the younger generation....not that I am that old but I'm not in my 20s anymore for sure.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Gold. First of all...welcome to this site. I would ask you this.....would you wear another NFL team's gear? If so....why? Because it looks good? I really don't get it but it may be something new to the younger generation....not that I am that old but I'm not in my 20s anymore for sure.

I used to wear Yankees, Panthers, Falcons, Vikings, Sonics gear just because of the color scheme. I have a Bo Jackson Raiders jersey cuz I think it's cool. I wouldn't wear it on Niner game days.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to wear Yankees, Panthers, Falcons, Vikings, Sonics gear just because of the color scheme. I have a Bo Jackson Raiders jersey cuz I think it's cool. I wouldn't wear it on Niner game days.

I guess what it comes down to is that somebody took a pic of Kap in a personal moment and it became a hot story....welcome to the off -season!!

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And I would hazard a guess that no one would care if he wore a Yankees cap............unless he was a member of another MLB team.

There is a lot to be said for loyalty. It's a shame more people don't value it.

I dont think CK is a bad guy and I will continue to be as diehard a Niner fan as I've always been but in my book this was a poor decision on his part....period.

Moving on.........

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really ? are you that big of an idiot to swing and miss this badly ?:omg:

TT just throws stuff off the wall and loves to rile folks up. you can never take what he says to seriously. he hates almost everyone and everything and hes the king of exercising media educated stereo types.