• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What's Stan been doing?

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon Bollig extended 3 years at an AAV of 1.25 per year.

Wish he would just hit more and not think he is a scorer, but its inevitable on this type of team.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=707345

The Chicago Blackhawks on Monday agreed to terms with forward Brandon Bollig on a three-year contract extension.

Bollig has six goals and 12 points this season in 62 games after going scoreless in 43 NHL games prior to this season. He also leads the team with 138 hits and 69 penalty minutes.

"We take a great amount of pride in having watched Brandon come up through our system and become a big part of our lineup on a daily basis,” Blackhawks general manager Stan Bowman said. "We are pleased to be able to come to this agreement with him, ensuring that he will remain a part of our organization. We look forward to seeing his continued development with the Blackhawks."

Bollig, 27, was signed as a free agent on April 3, 2010.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, if Pirri is a defensive liability (in the eyes of the Hawks brass and Coach Q) and ultimately got traded to Florida, why in the world do you re-sign Brandon Bollig, who is an offensive liability?

As an "enforcer" type who really isn't...because it's not like he's a brawler and hasn't had a fighting major in like forever?

I figured the Hawks would let him go after this year....mainly because he's just not that good of a player.

I'm having a really difficult time figuring out the direction this team wants to take. I mean, Stan B is a lot smarter guy than me when it comes to hockey talent evaluation and running a team...and Q obviously knows how to coach as he's won 2 cups in 4 years. But I'm really not seeing the forest from the trees with these last two transactions.

And of course, the Hawks will NOT make any significant trades prior the deadline. After all, their two big acquisitions in Versteeg and Regin will surely put them over the top.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. Bollig has a wicked wrister, probably the caliber of Bickell, who will be traded before this contract is up. You know before he got hurt, we named Hayes as someone with the bickell body and physicality to take his spot. I think bollig just allows bickell to be dealt, maybe even up to canada.

Blackhawks have been named as one of the teams that Kessler wants to come to, but has full no trade and businesses up in canada where he does not want to go to a rival that would hurt those businesses (before he can sell them). That would pretty much take care of the acquisition for the second line center for the playoff run and moving Bickell could free up enough cap space to make the move. It will cost picks as well, but like we see, if the kid isnt Saad how long do they sit and rot in the AHL anyway.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure every Hawks fan would be okay if they moved Bickell. He's overpaid for the amount of productions he's provided...so sure, everyone wants to see him go in a trade.

Probably not going to happen though. I have no confidence that a significant move will be made. StanB loves this team and is afraid of doing anything except minor tweaks...that usually aren't impact moves.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure every Hawks fan would be okay if they moved Bickell. He's overpaid for the amount of productions he's provided...so sure, everyone wants to see him go in a trade.

Probably not going to happen though. I have no confidence that a significant move will be made. StanB loves this team and is afraid of doing anything except minor tweaks...that usually aren't impact moves.

Well St Louis is not going away and not having Halak in a series to beat and having to deal with Miller is almost demanding a move now if we want to get out of the first two rounds. Kane would be set with Kessler on that second line, but we would probably watch Q keep him on the first line when Hossa comes back. I know its the guy we hate if he is not on our team, but probably 20 fans dont want him on their team.

I think Bickell will wake up in the playoffs again, and will be worth his contract if he does. I guess we see what route they go tonight, my bet is they leave Morin in Rockford and play Zeus and Regin today.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope that the play of Timonen has put a wrench into Stan's man-crush for aging veterans going forward. To that end, I was expecting more from Richards and Vermette as well.

Maybe the team is strapped economically, but there has to be inexpensive younger talent out there. (I miss Leddy.)

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they basically traded leddy for richards cap hit, but TVR really forced them to give him a spot. but the richards move probably cost them kevin hayes too. he wanted a spot and showed that he deserved one in new york.

but they also have given up on stanton and clendening, ben smith and bollig too.

johns will give them size, victor svedberg is now listed at 6'9 234, lots of high profile signings we wonder will they ever play here.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johns will make the Hawks. He's NHL ready now, he just needs to stay healthy. Same for TVR - just needs to stay healthy. Svedberg? Doubt he'll be much more than an emergency call-up here. I don't know enough about the recent signings to say either way.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike-Reilly1-770x430.jpg

Report: Nine NHL teams fighting over one free agent defenseman.
NHL news On June 5, 2015
There has been endless talk regarding the very real and drastic impact the salary cap will have on many NHL franchises this offseason, and it’s young unrestricted free agents like Mike Reilly who will find themselves reaping the benefits.

Reilly is a standoubt NCAA defenseman who has spent his last three seasons with the University of Minnesota, and who is now ready to make the jump to the National Hockey League once he becomes a free agent on June 16th.

Reilly like other young free agents coming out of the NCAA are extremely valuable right now, especially to teams up against the cap, they bring young talent at a discount price and it’s easy to see why so many teams are interested.

According to Bob McKenzie of TSN Reilly will have a lot of options when he does decide to sign as he is currently being pursued by no less than 9 NHL teams.

Those teams are:

The Chicago Blackhawks

The Columbus Blue Jackets(who drafted him in 2011)

The Detroit Red Wings

The Edmonton Oilers

The Los Angeles Kings

The Minnesota Wild

The Montreal Canadiens

The New York Rangers

The Pittsburgh Penguins.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reilly may be on the Hawks' list. But are the Hawks on Reilly's list?

This could turn out to be another Kevin Hayes situation. Sure the Hawks are top-notch team, but they're also deep and could have salary cap issues. Reilly may reason that he has a more regular shot at playing and cashing in if he went somewhere else.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reilly may be on the Hawks' list. But are the Hawks on Reilly's list?

This could turn out to be another Kevin Hayes situation. Sure the Hawks are top-notch team, but they're also deep and could have salary cap issues. Reilly may reason that he has a more regular shot at playing and cashing in if he went somewhere else.

I think the difference with Kevin Hayes was there is probably a 99.9% chance Reilly will have a spot on the NHL Roster next year. Hayes knew he would be in Rockford with this roster of forwards. Its TVR, Johns, probably set for two spots, but Oduya is a UFA and will probably get paid. We are probably looking at TVR being on the second set next year unless Q splits everyone up and its Seabs, Hammer and Keith with one kid. Its sad to say, but Hammer is really stuck on his backhand with Oduya and almost looks shakey when he goes out on the "proper" side.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading rumors that B Richards wants to stay and is willing to continue giving a discount to do so.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This SI article expects Sharp and Bickell to be gone.

I've been seeing a lot of articles where Sharp may be on the block. I won't miss Bick too much but. I'll always appreciate what he did. But Sharpie? He's been one of my favorites. The guy's been here 9 years.

Rotoworld is reporting that the asking price for Sharp is pretty steep: a first round pick, top-tier prospect, and a top-six forward on an entry-level contract.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been seeing a lot of articles where Sharp may be on the block. I won't miss Bick too much but. I'll always appreciate what he did. But Sharpie? He's been one of my favorites. The guy's been here 9 years.

Rotoworld is reporting that the asking price for Sharp is pretty steep: a first round pick, top-tier prospect, and a top-six forward on an entry-level contract.

I remember one of the past two off seasons Sharp got a guarantee from Stan that he would not be going anywhere at that time. So its either hearing rumors or hearing Sharp getting a guarantee again.

Sharp is a favorite, but he pretty much disappears if Kane or Toews is not on his line, and if you are top 6 in this league, you should be able to do something without the real top guys.

The only guarantee out there is that neither of the guys that scored the final two goals in the stanley cup win will be the first to go, like the 17 second guys.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rotoworld reported that the Wings may be interested in Sharp.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So did I miss the trades? Seems like everyone is still here.

Reilly got 1.85 over two years from Minnesota, I guess we need 540k guys to fill the payroll keeping the core as it is.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raanta dealt to the rangers for AHL forward Haggerty. Seems like they could have sold alot higher last year but he had to be moved,

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was eager to see what sharp was going to fetch. I guess I'll have to keep waiting. Is there any other date after the draft that a lot of deals are made? Sorry, I'm relatively new to hockey, but I've always enjoyed the playoffs, even before the Hawks got good.