• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Deadline

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Because the chance of one of those turning out to be a 20-30 goal scorer is slim? Yes to trading any pending UFA's not Camm

Like I said having camarleerri on a team that's going to finish near the bottom next year and probably the year after is a waste

The return for camaleri should be better then anything we would get for jagr or zid

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said having camarleerri on a team that's going to finish near the bottom next year and probably the year after is a waste

The return for camaleri should be better then anything we would get for jagr or zid
In the past yes...but everything I hear says because of the uncertainty of the cap over the next few years (largely due to the weak Canadian$) teams are very reluctant to take LT contracts

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the past yes...but everything I hear says because of the uncertainty of the cap over the next few years (largely due to the weak Canadian$) teams are very reluctant to take LT contracts
Which is why I think the Devils should have an advantage moving pieces at the deadline over other teams. Example, obviously Phaneuf and Kessel are better than anyone we have to offer but who is willing to pay these guys high values for the next 5+ years? Phaneuf is a 2nd pairing d-man signed I believe until 2020. Who is touching that?

DevilishWon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why I think the Devils should have an advantage moving pieces at the deadline over other teams. Example, obviously Phaneuf and Kessel are better than anyone we have to offer but who is willing to pay these guys high values for the next 5+ years? Phaneuf is a 2nd pairing d-man signed I believe until 2020. Who is touching that?
Exactly, all those expiring contracts make attractive rentals

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah i agree we do have some "nice" pieces. those pieces i would be shocked get us a 1st rounder or a top prospect. i also think its a you snooze you lose type situation.

i recently read that that lou isn't taking calls on jagr because he said we are still in playoff contention. if that is the case what do you think those teams calling him are doing? they are going to go and call for other options they aren't going to wait til lou makes up his mind on being a seller. so really by the time lou actually comes around and looks to sell the list of teams looking will probably have gone from 5 to 2. so really you just limit your potential

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Lets hope Lou is saying that to get better offers. If Lou openly says I am looking to trade these players, teams will know he is desperate. Hope that's the case.
As for who to trade, I would trade anybody on this team if the deal was good.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am very disappointed we are losing ground in the draft order..... a meaningless streak...

We need to retool and not stall.... this is bullcrap

DevilishWon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah i agree we do have some "nice" pieces. those pieces i would be shocked get us a 1st rounder or a top prospect. i also think its a you snooze you lose type situation.

i recently read that that lou isn't taking calls on jagr because he said we are still in playoff contention. if that is the case what do you think those teams calling him are doing? they are going to go and call for other options they aren't going to wait til lou makes up his mind on being a seller. so really by the time lou actually comes around and looks to sell the list of teams looking will probably have gone from 5 to 2. so really you just limit your potential
Where did you read that?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jagr wants out pretty badly. He's actively voicing his displeasure with playing time and saying if he's still on the team after the deadline he's essentially mailing it in. I get that you want to be traded but keep it behind closed doors, now you're hurting any leverage the team may have had. You knew what you were getting when you signed here.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I am very disappointed we are losing ground in the draft order..... a meaningless streak...

We need to retool and not stall.... this is bullcrap

We can thank Cory for that. He has played like a top goalie and gives this team a chance to win every night. He is pretty much the reason the team is in most games.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i read it off hf boards someone posted a twitter quote from one an nhl executive that said something along the lines of lou is going to stand pat for now (about a week ago) because he believes the devils are still in a playoff race. i tried to find the original quote or even the hf link but i couldn't. time will tell though what he plans on doing.

i am BEYOND mad that this team is winning. lou will definitely point to making the playoffs that the team is going in the right direction and will get a pass for a few more years by the owners. BUUUUUUUT you know what heck i hope this team makes the playoffs as the #8 seed and gets hammered by either the islanders or rangers. i can see prudential being 80/20 ranger/islander fans if the devils are down 0-3. maybe that will fucking wake lou up.

with lou in charge we are doomed to be a team stuck in mediocrity and die a slow death.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
found it

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 2m2 minutes ago
Devils still believe they're in the playoff hunt, so Jagr trade discussions very temporarily on hold. Still trade bait. @NHLonNBCSports

that was on 2/18

DevilishWon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
found it

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 2m2 minutes ago
Devils still believe they're in the playoff hunt, so Jagr trade discussions very temporarily on hold. Still trade bait. @NHLonNBCSports

that was on 2/18
question is where did dreger get it. Surprised it isn't all over the net if the original was 2/18

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if we could snag Ho Sang from the Isles... he was someone I was interested in at the draft... offers some potential....

Sh*t, hold out for Ho Sang... if he could come over, give them an extra something, boom... make that deal.