• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some miscellaneous stuff

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry wants to roll with Deuce Vaughn and draft Audric Estime 3rd day.

My two areas of concern are LB and oline without Tyron.

I flip a coin at 24 between C/G or LB. Man! this is messed up.

Do any coaches get a vote on free agent TEAM needs/holes/bodies?
LT, LB, C and RB are all big needs. We are about to cut Gallup, basically a starter, big Hank is not coming back, our best(only) run stuffing DT, Gilmore and Lewis are out of contract so we need a third(starting) corner. Dorance and Fowler are gone, all our DE depth. And to fill those 8-10 spots, it looks like we are going depend on the scrap heap of FA and the draft. After we had a total bust of a draft last year. Meanwhile, every team in the division is improving. This is what it looks like when you reward a QB who has gagged in the playoffs with a $60M a year deal. Who is Captain of this ship? Ah....

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LT, LB, C and RB are all big needs. We are about to cut Gallup, basically a starter, big Hank is not coming back, our best(only) run stuffing DT, Gilmore and Lewis are out of contract so we need a third(starting) corner. Dorance and Fowler are gone, all our DE depth. And to fill those 8-10 spots, it looks like we are going depend on the scrap heap of FA and the draft. After we had a total bust of a draft last year. Meanwhile, every team in the division is improving. This is what it looks like when you reward a QB who has gagged in the playoffs with a $60M a year deal. Who is Captain of this ship? Ah....
I don't think Dak's contract is responsible for this mess. It is 100% Jerry Jones. Dak was paid market value at the time. They mismanaged the rest of the team with bad contracts. Again, it was not just Dak in the playoffs.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Dak's contract is responsible for this mess. It is 100% Jerry Jones. Dak was paid market value at the time. They mismanaged the rest of the team with bad contracts. Again, it was not just Dak in the playoffs.
Jerry screwed the pooch on negotiations that's clear. And Dak has a right to try and get every penny he can. But that's a secondary reason as to why I would let Dak play out this year and say goodbye. The primary reason is he can't elevate a less talented roster in the playoffs, that has been established. But there are QB's far better than Dak(Mahomes and Brady), who still got the money, but worked with their clubs on team friendly deals to keep as much talent around them as they could. Dak broke it off in Jerry's ass and is about to do it again, therefore to me, he's got to go

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tyron is trolling but not getting any nibbles. Maybe he stays?

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s crazy how so many teams ignore LBer nowadays, us included. Am I wrong to think an old school, 3 down tackling machine LBer does as much for a team as anyone else? Warner, Wagner, etc. these guys are just the glue to a defense. I just don’t get it and especially from a team that can’t stop the run and also can’t cover the flat on 3rd and medium. Maybe I’m getting too old but I still see the value Of a guy shooting a gap, not getting sealed off by an OL play after play and stuffing a RB in short yardage and not picking the wrong gap every play. How long has it been for this team?

Is Wagner still available?

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry screwed the pooch on negotiations that's clear. And Dak has a right to try and get every penny he can. But that's a secondary reason as to why I would let Dak play out this year and say goodbye. The primary reason is he can't elevate a less talented roster in the playoffs, that has been established. But there are QB's far better than Dak(Mahomes and Brady), who still got the money, but worked with their clubs on team friendly deals to keep as much talent around them as they could. Dak broke it off in Jerry's ass and is about to do it again, therefore to me, he's got to go
I agree. Dak has been a disappointment in the playoffs. I would also be OK with moving on, as long as we can do better. Brady and Mahomes had already won Superbowls. Name a QB who never won one give a team a discount??? It is alot easier to have made it to the mountain top to then give to keep the team together to win another. Brady was also a gazillion air anyway.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Dak has been a disappointment in the playoffs. I would also be OK with moving on, as long as we can do better. Brady and Mahomes had already won Superbowls. Name a QB who never won one give a team a discount???
That's the point though. They won Super Bowls early because they were "that guy". Dak had a better team the last several years than he is going to have going forward. Look at what's happening to the roster right now. Dak will never win a Super Bowl in Dallas

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything you Cowboy fans can tell me about DT Maliek Collins? The Niners just traded Houston a 7th round pick for the guy.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Estime will be long gone by then

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might get some time. Y'all have some pretty good dudes up front. Collins is JAG
The reason the Niners traded for him was b/c we've got an open DT spot. hargrave has one and we're cutting Armstead, the other DT. So, we've got an open spot. We signed Jordan Elliot from the Browns and now we've traded for Collins. Barring some other addition, Both will get a shot at the starting DT spot with the other being the rotational guy.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the point though. They won Super Bowls early because they were "that guy". Dak had a better team the last several years than he is going to have going forward. Look at what's happening to the roster right now. Dak will never win a Super Bowl in Dallas
When was the last time the Dallas Cowboys won a Superbowl??? Tom Brady and Mahomes are all time elite. We have not had an elite QB for 28 years. I still believe you can win with Dak. You need an elite defense and a a good running game. He is not a great come from behind QB. Some are not. He gets behind in the playoffs and panics trying to get us to come back. And even when a comback is attempted. What does the defense usually do??? We were never winning that Green Bay with Dak and the defense that day. More so on the defense. My most desire is to have a defense that can make 3 and outs and stop a team when we get a lead. Until that happens, we ain't winning nothing.

Last edited:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was the last time the Dallas Cowboys won a Superbowl??? Tom Brady and Mahomes are all time elite. We have not had an elite QB for 28 years. I still believe you can win with Dak. You need an elite defense and a a good running game. He is not a great come from behind QB. Some are not. He gets behind in the playoffs and panics trying to get us to come back. And even when a comback is attempted. What does the defense usually do??? We were never winning that Green Bay with Dak and the defense that day. More so on the defense. My most desire is to have a defense that can make 3 and outs and stop a team when we get a lead. Until that happens, we ain't winning nothing.
Win what with Dak? Regular season, sure. Playoffs, no way. Not with a stripped down roster

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything you Cowboy fans can tell me about DT Maliek Collins? The Niners just traded Houston a 7th round pick for the guy.
Collins makes plays. Quick off the ball and in the gap. IMO his value is rotational guy but not short yardage situations. He can be overmatched in smash mouth situations.