• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some miscellaneous stuff

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what you guys are saying. But to me this is a very simple & flawed way to look at it. To me this way of thinking is, only to pay the elite QB, which would mean restart with the most important position every 4 or 5 years. I cant get behind that philosophy. Remember how long it took us to get from Aikman to Romo? The idea we can just go get another top ten QB every 4 or 5 years is unrealistic to me.
Bottom line. We have a good enough QB to win. Outside very few Qbs in NFL history, the QB always needs a team to win a superbowl.
Our offense isnt the problem. Picking out a game where he didnt play his best isnt very smart. You can pick those games with Brady & others if you want as well. We want him to be the next Mahomes & if not, some of us think we will just go out & find the next Mahomes. That isnt realistic either.
If we want to win playoff games. Work on the defense. (IMHO) There have been QBs worse than Dak make it to superbowls.

Let me tell you a story.
Dak is down 15 points going into the 4th qtr against the great Aaron Rodgers led team. Dak brings the team all the way back & better yet. Only left handfuls of seconds on the clock. The Defense fails to stop Rodgers from getting into scoring range. Packers win.
1st thing we hear? Dak cant win a playoff game.

Everyone did the same shit with Romo.
He could retake a lead 3 times in the 4th qtr.
Then the defense would lose the lead everytime. Other team wins. What is the 1st thing we hear? Romo choked.

So I get what you guys are wishing for. Hell all of us would wish for that. Dont pay Dak, save money & get the elite QB. Again. Very unrealistic.
Much more realistic that we build a team around Dak (who isnt the problem) to get there. Than starting with a new QB.

So again. Just be careful for what you wish for.
Much rather have an expensive Dak, than a Cheap Quincy Carter.
Too many let the defense off the hook. There have been few times the defense was the reason we won games in the last 20 years. Many many times they have lost the lead or put the team behind the 8 ball like the Green Bay game where, although Dak was not great, no way in hell we win that game with that defense. The defense has been way worse than the offense in most critical games in the last 20 years. It is time to go all in on the defense and stregthen the oline.. Big linebackers, Fat run stopping DT's. On offense: Big back, and maulers on the o-line. Go back to a run first offense like 2016 with a better defense. I wish for that.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many let the defense off the hook. There have been few times the defense was the reason we won games in the last 20 years. Many many times they have lost the lead or put the team behind the 8 ball like the Green Bay game where, although Dak was not great, no way in hell we win that game with that defense. The defense has been way worse than the offense in most critical games in the last 20 years. It is time to go all in on the defense and stregthen the oline.. Big linebackers, Fat run stopping DT's. On offense: Big back, and maulers on the o-line. Go back to a run first offense like 2016 with a better defense. I wish for that.
What we need is for Jerry and Stephen to step aside and let Will McClay hire the coach he wants and build the team as he thinks it should be built. But Jerry insists on "final say" on all matters and inheriting a team worth $10 Billion doesn't seem like enough to keep Stephen from worrying about his purse strings. The fact that this club won a SB with Barry Switzer coaching it speaks to the greatness of the team Jimmy built that Jerry financed. But the Jones consider themselves "football men" and that leaves this once great franchise doomed to extend that no Championship streak to 30 years and then head for 40

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i sure wouldn't want to draft QB this year.
Buddy (WAS fan) & I were having this exact conversation yesterday afternoon.He’s certain that the Commodes are going to take a QB and we’re both certain the Bears will as well and both of those teams would well served by trading down in the Draft & filling other needs while rolling with what they have. I can see the Patriots grabbing one after the Jones trade and really wouldn’t disagree with that move as they are clearly in rebuild mode. I know Howell & Fields aren’t great but are they any worse long term than what their teams are looking to draft?

Just another example of how teams put themselves in years-long holes by reaching for QB’s instead of addressing other glaring needs...

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schmoopy Brother, I respect your opinion, without a doubt one of the best posters here IMO. And you may well be right. But you said something in there that reinforces where I am coming from. You said Aikman and Romo. There's a big difference there though. By the time Aikman was signing a 2nd deal, he was winning Super Bowls. Romo wasn't, and never did. Never got to an NFCCG. And with Troy, Heck of a QB, but once the salary cap was instituted and tye roster started getting stripped...he never got past the divisional round again either. Dak had his window, he has had 6-7 pro bowlers year in and year out. But all we ever hear is he needs this or he needs that. We will NEVER win a Super Bowl with Dak on a $60 million a year contract. Never. Now, we might end up with a Quincey Carter, but I don't think so. McClay would find a QB IMO.
Doesn't matter, Dak is getting reupped. If he weren't we would trade him, but the whole no trade clause tips Jerry's hand. So, we will do it your way. We will be good but we won't make a SB
The no trade clause does not mean much. If the right team called I bet Dak would be ok with it.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i sure wouldn't want to draft QB this year.
Not early at least. If we draft QB at all it better mean we are cutting Lance and his cap hit

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see this QB class as all that myself, but NFL QB isn't easy to gage from college film.
I think the Nix kid is going to be excellent. Of the 5-6 QB's that are talked about, I think Caleb Williams is the most likely to bust. Hate what I hear about him off the field

Sir Robin Of Camelot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Dallas pursue Henry hard now that Iggles have Barkley?
Depends on the asking price I guess… because if they weren’t gonna give Pollard $12M they aren’t going to give Henry that either.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Nix kid is going to be excellent. Of the 5-6 QB's that are talked about, I think Caleb Williams is the most likely to bust. Hate what I hear about him off the field
Caleb Williams will be a beast in the NFL. He has never had off the field issues. What are you talking about??

Sir Robin Of Camelot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diva with daddy issues that border or LaVar Ball. We shall see Brother
His dad is not on the field. I don't care about that nonsense. It never effected how the ball brother played basketball. Alot of pro players have kooky family members. He does not have off the field issues like you alluded to. You are making a B.S. reach. IMO. Kid has never been in trouble.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His dad is not on the field. I don't care about that nonsense. It never effected how the ball brother played basketball. Alot of pro players have kooky family members. He does not have off the field issues like you alluded to.
That's bullshit. He's a grown man. He could hire an agent. He could take a physical for all 32 teams. He could tell his father not to ask teams if he would be a part owner of the club if drafted. The fact that he lets his daddy control his actions would sure as Heck be a red flag to me. Add to that, he lists at 6'1" but might only be 6". He played in a weak conference. I've seen him light it up and I've seen him play like crap. Obviously, you think he is a sure thing. Last year, I was 100% behind C.J. Stroud while the majority of folks thought Bryce Young was the second coming. As I said Bro, we shall see. I would take Maye over him every day of the week, and if push came to shove I would take Daniels over him as well

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck. Ravens signing Henry.
I would have wanted Henry as part of a duo, but I don't think he can get nearly as many carries as he used to. He's 30 and has a lot of tread on those tires so I'm not too worried about losing out on him. $8M for one year I'd think about, maybe, but for two I just don't see it. I would have gone with a couple other guys at that price/length. I wonder if we were hoping a guy like Mixon got cut and would have been a bargain, because we obviously need a RB or two after losing Pollard and haven't done anything other than tapped out when Moss went above $3M per. Deuce isn't likely ever going to be able to play at this level at his size and while I liked Davis he doesn't look like more than a #2. I wonder if CeeDee is holding out for a deal they won't do, because otherwise he should be signed and our cap space savings could be used for other players. I'm getting close to just hoping for a reset year. I say every year you can't go half assed and expect to win. You either go for it or you rest. WE just do enough to win some games and make Jerry money every year and then shit the bed in the playoffs.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have wanted Henry as part of a duo, but I don't think he can get nearly as many carries as he used to. He's 30 and has a lot of tread on those tires so I'm not too worried about losing out on him. $8M for one year I'd think about, maybe, but for two I just don't see it. I would have gone with a couple other guys at that price/length. I wonder if we were hoping a guy like Mixon got cut and would have been a bargain, because we obviously need a RB or two after losing Pollard and haven't done anything other than tapped out when Moss went above $3M per. Deuce isn't likely ever going to be able to play at this level at his size and while I liked Davis he doesn't look like more than a #2. I wonder if CeeDee is holding out for a deal they won't do, because otherwise he should be signed and our cap space savings could be used for other players. I'm getting close to just hoping for a reset year. I say every year you can't go half assed and expect to win. You either go for it or you rest. WE just do enough to win some games and make Jerry money every year and then shit the bed in the playoffs.
I 100% blame Jerry for the contractual mess they are in with Dak, Lamb and Parsons. They always wait too long and screw the pooch. Lamb is turning into the Dak negotiations part two. He will never be cheaper than he is today. It's only going to go up. There is no leverage for the club when they wait till the last minute to extend players. Dak, Lamb and Parsons will all be the highest paid players at their positions when they reup or else they will go somewhere else.