• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then we have WRs in Chicago, Carolina, Miami, Philadelphia, and Houston who are #2s for offenses that are going to likely need them to step up big...

Not to disagree with you, but word in Chicago is that Kevin White is slated to take Brandon Marshall's spot as the #1. That remains to be seen, but that is the plan.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to disagree with you, but word in Chicago is that Kevin White is slated to take Brandon Marshall's spot as the #1. That remains to be seen, but that is the plan.

That actually helps me with my claim...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rule change suggestion-
Last year I won the B-league championships in a way that needs to be prevented...

I had first waiver wire throughout and was able to pick the Matt asiata's of the world... I think the waiver wire in the playoffs should be by seeds, and it should not be rolling...

So if I was the number one seed, my waiver priority will always be higher than everyone elses...

There should also be a playoff maximum amount of adds, to preserve the integrity of winning with YOUR team and not the best matchups...

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rule change suggestion-
Last year I won the B-league championships in a way that needs to be prevented...

I had first waiver wire throughout and was able to pick the Matt asiata's of the world... I think the waiver wire in the playoffs should be by seeds, and it should not be rolling...

So if I was the number one seed, my waiver priority will always be higher than everyone elses...

There should also be a playoff maximum amount of adds, to preserve the integrity of winning with YOUR team and not the best matchups...

In the 'A' league the waiver order did not reset based upon record (ie make a claim go to 12th in line). .... don't think you can do it any other way except worst record reset each week.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rule change suggestion-

Not only do I not agree, as that's part of the strategy, especially playing matchups. But there's not even an option to differentiate the waiver system from regular season and the playoffs. The only option available that is even somewhat similar is waiver order by standings, reset each week, worst to first. ..so even if we could implement it, your #1 seed would have last choice throughout the playoffs

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the 'A' league the waiver order did not reset based upon record (ie make a claim go to 12th in line). .... don't think you can do it any other way except worst record reset each week.
Yes..those are the only 2 options available

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make a claim. Move to the back. Pretty simple and fair.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What exactly is the problem?

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how it was possible for Milk to have first priority on the waiver every week unless all the other playoff teams put in waiver requests and he didn't which made him #1 after waivers cleared. The way it was in the A league last year was perfect. You make a claim you move to the back, you don't make a claim, you stay on the top.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how it was possible for Milk to have first priority on the waiver every week unless all the other playoff teams put in waiver requests and he didn't which made him #1 after waivers cleared. The way it was in the A league last year was perfect. You make a claim you move to the back, you don't make a claim, you stay on the top.

This

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bandit if you don't mind I am just gonna wonder around and every time I see one of your post, I will quote it and put THIS underneath it.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Technically the Commish could manually adjust them every week but that is a giant pain and not worth it IMO.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Technically the Commish could manually adjust them every week but that is a giant pain and not worth it IMO.
Technically, this commish would veto that idea outright. :suds:

Honestly though, this league was created to be bare bones, simplistic. To have a even, level playing field, so we could have a true. ."bragging rights champion", not just someone who knew how to manipulate a complicated system better than the next guy. There's no need for coming up with convoluted solutions to something that isn't a major issue to begin with. If grabbing a Asiata off waivers gives someone a big advantage, than either he shouldn't have been available to start with, or the owner deserves the advantage for being smart enough to pick him up and play him the right weeks. .simple as that. Either way, it played out as it should have, and will continue to do so.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As to rules that probably do need addressed. ..

The new NFL rule on PATS allows for the defense to get a 2pt score on any blocked/missed/muffed, or otherwise effed up PAT attempt. ESPN currently doesn't have a scoring option for this, but I'd be shocked if it isn't added as an option by week 1. I woul propose a 2pt DST score be added to our scoring system for this play (assuming ESPN makes the option available).
Anyone else have thoughts on this?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Didn't even know that! It doesn't count on stopped 2-point conversions though does it?

Even though I'm down on that rule on real life, I wouldn't mind the fantasy points awarded...although, only a blocked kick would best deserve the points. A bad snap or a shanked kick should reward a fantasy DST. Not sure if ESPN would get that specific though.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As to rules that probably do need addressed. ..

The new NFL rule on PATS allows for the defense to get a 2pt score on any blocked/missed/muffed, or otherwise effed up PAT attempt. ESPN currently doesn't have a scoring option for this, but I'd be shocked if it isn't added as an option by week 1. I woul propose a 2pt DST score be added to our scoring system for this play (assuming ESPN makes the option available).
Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Well, I think everyone knows how I feel about the DST scoring system (sucks IMO) vs IDP - but since this is what we have and the new 'rule' allows I have no objection to implementing it. ...

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Didn't even know that! It doesn't count on stopped 2-point conversions though does it?

Even though I'm down on that rule on real life, I wouldn't mind the fantasy points awarded...although, only a blocked kick would best deserve the points. A bad snap or a shanked kick should reward a fantasy DST. Not sure if ESPN would get that specific though.
Fumbled or intercepted 2pt conversions can be returned for 2pts. But just stopped, no.

Doubt they'd have anything for the bad snap or shank. But dang, how terrible would a kick from the 15 yard line have be shanked, and still stay in the field of play to be returned? That'd be embarrassing!

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I misunderstood. They have to return it for a "TD" to get the 2 points?

That sounds better... I was scared there for a minute.