• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jordan Clarkson is the real deal

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the game Z-Bo said to his former teammate Ed Davis "Ed, who's that?" (referring to Clarkson), Davis replied "He nice, right?".

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting to buy in a little more on Clarkson. I posted this on the game thread from last night:

The first step to instilling a winning attitude is to get the team to play hard from the opening tip to the final buzzer. I think it's safe to say, Byron has been successful in that regard. No matter how far behind these guys get, no matter who the opponent is, they just keep coming at you. Which is great to see.

The next step is execution down the stretch and closing out games. This is where the next improvement needs to come from. This means they need a closer. That's where the FO needs to step up in free agency or the draft.

It's also possible that Clarkson could eventually be that guy. He seems unafraid of taking shots and attempting to make plays late in games. It's possible that he could develop into that player. Anyone else remember Kobe shooting something like 4 airballs late in a playoff game vs. the Jazz? These early failures may lead to future success for Clarkson.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was really surprised he dropped to the second round. I saw him struggle a bit against the Bulls but he has shown flashes of his upside. I think he is going to be really good once he figures out the game from the neck up

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,205.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked his game after watching him in summer league last year. I felt he had great length, athleticism, and mechanics. He had a good handle. He was aggressive to the basket. He had good form on his jumpshot. The one thing he needed to work on was his court vision. I'm seeing all these same positive attributes after watching him play against the big boys for several games. His court vision and understanding of the speeds of the game will get better. He's a definite keeper. I look forward to watching his continued development.

Exactly and since he's been seeing more playing time as a starter he's shown reasons to be excited if you're a Laker fan.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,205.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update since I started this thread:

14.4ppg, 4apg, 3.3rpg, and 1spg while shooting 45.6%, 31.5% and 83.7% as a starter in just 30.2mpg.

He needs to improve his outside shooting and his defense along with his court vision but I think his best fit is as a nice passing SG. Not PG.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update since I started this thread:

14.4ppg, 4apg, 3.3rpg, and 1spg while shooting 45.6%, 31.5% and 83.7% as a starter in just 30.2mpg.

He needs to improve his outside shooting and his defense along with his court vision but I think his best fit is as a nice passing SG. Not PG.

I felt the same way about Westbrook, ever since he was at UCLA, but he turned out pretty good at the PG spot.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was really surprised he dropped to the second round. I saw him struggle a bit against the Bulls but he has shown flashes of his upside. I think he is going to be really good once he figures out the game from the neck up

Z-Bo agrees, coming from a vet like Randolph, I consider this high praise. "That young fellow, he's going to be good," Randolph said. "I didn't even know who he was. I'd never heard of him until tonight. He's a second-round pick? Who's evaluating this talent?"

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Z-Bo agrees, coming from a vet like Randolph, I consider this high praise. "That young fellow, he's going to be good," Randolph said. "I didn't even know who he was. I'd never heard of him until tonight. He's a second-round pick? Who's evaluating this talent?"
My guess is that teams were worried he had a lot of Evan Turner problems as he was a guy in college who played with the basketball a lot and he would have to transition to a guy in the NBA who plays without the basketball more often than not. He also played 3 on 5 on offense when he was at Mizzou and his numbers dropped off as teams started double and triple teaming him.

I think his natural position is SG with skills at finishing at the rim and having length on d. As such, I think he is probably still a year or two away.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,205.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt the same way about Westbrook, ever since he was at UCLA, but he turned out pretty good at the PG spot.

That's high praise. And I'm a die-hard UCLA fan. Wasn't impressed with Westbrook, thought he should have stayed at UCLA another season. Having said that, he's turned into a quite player, although I think he's more of a combo guard than a pure PG. He's just an amazing fucking athlete.

I think Clarkson will be a very good player, capable of posting 18-19ppg, 5rpg, and 5apg.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,205.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is that teams were worried he had a lot of Evan Turner problems as he was a guy in college who played with the basketball a lot and he would have to transition to a guy in the NBA who plays without the basketball more often than not. He also played 3 on 5 on offense when he was at Mizzou and his numbers dropped off as teams started double and triple teaming him.

I think his natural position is SG with skills at finishing at the rim and having length on d. As such, I think he is probably still a year or two away.

That's why I think he'd be a perfect 6th man next season (learning from Kobe) and then taking over for Kobe at SG when he retires.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep. I think he's a 2. He's still just a rookie and only now getting playing time since Scott had him buried on the bench for the first few months so its hard to gauge just seeing for some few games but he could develop PG skills. However from what I've seen so far I don't see many PG instincts in him. He looks more natural as a 2-guard. He just happens to have the ball in his hands more right now.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Clarkson played this for Monta after the game.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, 30 points against OKC for Clarkson. He's quickly becoming a favourite of mine!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, Clarkson is going to be a good one for a long time to come. He reminds me a little of a bigger, faster Gail Goodrich and I suspect his point guard acumen is going to only get better as he is now working with Steve Nash.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, if you want to know if Clarkson is going to have a good game or not, I will let you know when I play him on my Fanduel team. He will have a bad night 90% of the time I use him.