• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jordan Clarkson is the real deal

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,205.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 13 games as a starter, he's averaging 13.6 points per game, 3.7 assists, 3.2 rebounds, and 1.2 steals.

For a player that was selected in the 2nd round (most experts thought it remarkable he dropped out of the 1st round).....those are some pretty solid numbers. Most recently, he scored 22 points in a surprising win against the Utah Jazz on Wednesday where they rallied after trailing.

The kid's a gamer....

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he stays healthy because he is going to be very good right up there with the likes of Steph Curry and others of his ilk.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wooooooah, I'm excited about the kid too. But "real deal"? "Steph Curry"? Early returns are favorable and I really like what we've seen from this kid. But let's not go putting him in the hall of fame just yet. :lol:

At this point, if he's as good as Nick Van Exel without the bad attitude that "Nick the Quick" had at times, that will be plenty good enough for me. Anything beyond that is icing on the cake, imo.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said as soon as he was drafted he be a top 10 guard in the league within 5 years time. Ok, maybe I was exaggerating a bit but this kid has potential.

And his development throughout the season has been promising too. Biggest change for me was the steal and then dunk on Exum last game vs the Jazz. Two months ago he would have tried a lay-up, now it's a dunk - with authority! Trying a lot less rainbow shots too, just straight to the basket for the slam.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't suggest HOF. Just he'll be in pretty good in a year or two.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't suggest HOF. Just he'll be in pretty good in a year or two.

Just busting your chops a little. :lol:

I'm pretty excited about this kid too and I am really hoping that he proves to be the answer at point guard. It's looking more and more like he has started to figure out the NBA game and is adjusting well.

I would love to see the Lakers in a position where they don't have to worry about whether or not to offer max deals to Dragic or Rondo and be able to concentrate on going after bigs and/or small forwards.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers coach Byron Scott gave his starting point guard Jordan Clarkson high praise Friday after the team's 101-93 win over the Bucks. Clarkson scored 16 points on 7 of 9 shooting from the field with five assists and four rebounds.

"I think more of the point guards that we have, especially the ones that are very successful, are all score-first-type point guards," Scott said according to the L.A. Times . "I think Jordan is in that same mold, where he's looking to score and he's looking for those opportunities."

In 13 starts, Clarkson is averaging 13.6 points, 3.7 assists and 3.2 rebounds. Scott thinks he is always going to be score first, assist later.

"He's still trying to find a way to be a true point guard," Scott said. "But I don't think his natural instincts are going to ever be that. But I think he can be very successful in being a point guard in this league because of all of the other guys that we've seen that's been able to do that as well."

I agree with Scott's comments and Clarkson's assist numbers have gone up in the past few weeks. He's showing solid improvement and that's all you can really ask for from such a young player.

PG's have to keep teams on their toes and humble, pass-heavy PG's don't always do that.

Last edited:

tnerb57

Rams 50+ Club Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wooooooah, I'm excited about the kid too. But "real deal"? "Steph Curry"? Early returns are favorable and I really like what we've seen from this kid. But let's not go putting him in the hall of fame just yet. :lol:

At this point, if he's as good as Nick Van Exel without the bad attitude that "Nick the Quick" had at times, that will be plenty good enough for me. Anything beyond that is icing on the cake, imo.
I have seen way too few games this season (barely recognize this incarnation of the Lakers), but this is what I came away with as well regarding Clarkson.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked his game after watching him in summer league last year. I felt he had great length, athleticism, and mechanics. He had a good handle. He was aggressive to the basket. He had good form on his jumpshot. The one thing he needed to work on was his court vision. I'm seeing all these same positive attributes after watching him play against the big boys for several games. His court vision and understanding of the speeds of the game will get better. He's a definite keeper. I look forward to watching his continued development.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,205.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randle, Clarkson, our top 5 draft pick (and 3 other possible draft picks), Ellington, Black, is a decent building block to start from. Plus, sign a couple good free agents.

Not including Swaggy because I'd love for them to trade him in the offseason for maybe another mid to late 1st and an expiring contract.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randle, Clarkson, our top 5 draft pick (and 3 other possible draft picks), Ellington, Black, is a decent building block to start from. Plus, sign a couple good free agents.

Not including Swaggy because I'd love for them to trade him in the offseason for maybe another mid to late 1st and an expiring contract.

I'd add Ed Davis to your list of youth.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,205.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd add Ed Davis to your list of youth.

His agent said he's testing free agency and I seriously doubt he re-signs with the Lakers. He's gone, I'll be shocked if he stays.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,205.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not saying he's a HOF'er but when I say "real deal" I mean he's going to be at the very least a 15ppg, 4rpg, and 4apg type of player. That's solid. I think he can be an Eddie Jones type. Not Nick Van Excel because I don't consider him to be a true PG.

I think he'll be a lot like Jones where he can be combo guard. Jones was a SG but he could play PG in a pinch.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His agent said he's testing free agency and I seriously doubt he re-signs with the Lakers. He's gone, I'll be shocked if he stays.

Depends on the price. The Lakers won't overpay for him though.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,205.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on the price. The Lakers won't overpay for him though.

I consider him gone since Randle will be back healthy and Davis won't want to be paid like a backup and that's what we'll need.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I consider him gone since Randle will be back healthy and Davis won't want to be paid like a backup and that's what we'll need.

A backup is what he really is though. I don't think he's starter material considering his limited offense. I like his game otherwise.

I think he's worth that $3 to $5mil range. Anything more is an overpay.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,205.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some team will pay him 6-7 million per season based off what he's done this season. I don't think LA will want to pay more than 3-4 million for a backup and we may draft one with 1 of the 4 picks we may have. He'll get more than what the Lakers will want to pay.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A backup is what he really is though. I don't think he's starter material considering his limited offense. I like his game otherwise.

I think he's worth that $3 to $5mil range. Anything more is an overpay.

:agree: