• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dak Prescott

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say another thing on Dak too. I'm not saying I believe there is a case against him because I didn't even really read about it and don't even know what's out there, so I have no reason to think he did anything wrong, BUT, what if you give him $240M and a week later some really damning info comes out. No reason to rush this at all. We don't need the cap space this year. Let things play out and make your decision next year. The risk of his annual average going up a few million is dwarfed by regrettting giving him $240M
I think that unless Jerry is stupid enough to give Dak a guaranteed contract like the moron in Cleveland gave Watson, if Dak were suspended it would be without pay and come off the cap, except for the prorated signing bonus hit. Jerry may be that stupid though

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With todays contract adjustment maybe Dallas is looking at allowing Dak to play out his last year and let him test the market.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With todays contract adjustment maybe Dallas is looking at allowing Dak to play out his last year and let him test the market.
Interesting. I was reading Dak has made about $43 Mil each of the last three years. they keep kicking the can down the road increasing his cap hit from year to year ($59m) this year. If he plays it out this year with the new adjustment, I think it would be a $55m hit and a $40m dead hit next year without any extension. I could be wrong.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that unless Jerry is stupid enough to give Dak a guaranteed contract like the moron in Cleveland gave Watson, if Dak were suspended it would be without pay and come off the cap, except for the prorated signing bonus hit. Jerry may be that stupid though
I don't think a fully guaranteed contract would be something Jarry or Stevie would do. If anything Dak is just not good enough to deserve that type of deal. If he put this team on his back and won a Superbowl? That is a pipe dream. I say the best thing to do is not extend anybody. Where was Cee Dee Lamb in that playoff game? Where was Parsons?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think a fully guaranteed contract would be something Jarry or Stevie would do. If anything Dak is just not good enough to deserve that type of deal. If he put this team on his back and won a Superbowl? That is a pipe dream. I say the best thing to do is not extend anybody. Where was Cee Dee Lamb in that playoff game? Where was Parsons?
I would extend Lamb and Parsons yesterday. Both guys attract double and triple teams and make everyone around them better

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would extend Lamb and Parsons yesterday. Both guys attract double and triple teams and make everyone around them better
this is exactly what their reps. are selling. Both are near the top of their respective position groups throughout the NFL. No question.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is exactly what their reps. are selling. Both are near the top of their respective position groups throughout the NFL. No question.
Exactly. And the longer Jerry sits around and waits, the more its going to cost the club going forward. 4 years ago it was $40M per for a QB, now its about to be $60M. You would think they would learn by now

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamb against the Packers, still blows my mind. My jaw is still somewhat open.
Lamb needs to go look at Irvins playoff film. Irvin though was a different cat. Irvin lived for those big moments. It like the only player on offense doing anything positive was Ferguson. The rest were in fetal position

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. I was reading Dak has made about $43 Mil each of the last three years. they keep kicking the can down the road increasing his cap hit from year to year ($59m) this year. If he plays it out this year with the new adjustment, I think it would be a $55m hit and a $40m dead hit next year without any extension. I could be wrong.
Pretty much right. The $59.5M this year went down a little based on the restructuring of the bonus. So now it's $55.5M this year and $40.5M next year. Then off the books if not re-signed.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much right. The $59.5M this year went down a little based on the restructuring of the bonus. So now it's $55.5M this year and $40.5M next year. Then off the books if not re-signed.
Thanks

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't looked at any of the cap sites, but doesn't this restructure push cap hits out to 2028?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't looked at any of the cap sites, but doesn't this restructure push cap hits out to 2028?
Yes but only $1M they split the $5M over 5 years. The rest of his contract is status quo

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All indications that the FO is going to let Dak hit Free agency next year. That how it looks to me. Next year they going to have several comp picks.

This is a prove it year for everybody.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All indications that the FO is going to let Dak hit Free agency next year. That how it looks to me. Next year they going to have several comp picks.

This is a prove it year for everybody.
QB has to be considered in round 1 if the right guy is there. Jerry and Stephen have already royally screwed the pooch the Dak's contract as it is by putting in the no trade clause. Dak got all the money he wanted, no franchise tag, no trade clause...did Jerry just bend over the table and drop his pants? Without the no trade clause, they could get a couple of 1sts for Dak right now and have someone pay part of his $55M this year. If they take a young QB early to pair with Lance as viable options for next year, at least they won't be left with their junk in their hands if he bolts next year

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB has to be considered in round 1 if the right guy is there. Jerry and Stephen have already royally screwed the pooch the Dak's contract as it is by putting in the no trade clause. Dak got all the money he wanted, no franchise tag, no trade clause...did Jerry just bend over the table and drop his pants? Without the no trade clause, they could get a couple of 1sts for Dak right now and have someone pay part of his $55M this year. If they take a young QB early to pair with Lance as viable options for next year, at least they won't be left with their junk in their hands if he bolts next year
What if Dak waived the no trade clause? I could see this being beneficial for both sides. I just don't see this FO extending Dak again regardless.