• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys in South Beach Christmas Eve

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
And let’s stop drafting Michigan linemen in first round. Maxi was obliterated in last drive.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same mistakes. Another blown game they should have won. Need Tyron for playoffs so rest him until post season.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do.
Its the same story.
Get a late lead & the Defense gives up a win.

We will be in close games in the playoffs.
Protecting a against a TD when all they need is a FG will get us a quick exit, unless you plan on being up by multiple scores at the end.
I don't feel bad about the effort but I do feel bad about a couple of things I've seen the last two games.
1. With Hankins and LVE, out run D was decent. Without them its just pathetic. One week James Cook is going off on us like Earl Campbell. The next week, Miami lines up at the end of the game to run the ball and make us burn our time outs, and they go out and rip off 7-8 yards per carry against a stacked line from us.
2. In a league where the Eagles are automatic on any short yardage, we had two different plays from a foot from the end zone and we tried a handoff to a scrub blocking fullback that ended in a fumble and a play action pass on first down that ended in a sack. Hand the fucking ball to Pollard or Dowdle or run a sneak for fucks sake.

Will root for this team till im dead, but you aren't winning a Super Bowl when you can't run the ball in from the 1 foot line or stop a team from running it down your throat when they tell you they are about to run it down your throat. Not happening

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and yet..
philly loses one while we win out from here, we play one if not two home playoff games. Not the worst loss if you rode this train for 25 plus years. Still need a philly lose with two wins for Dallas.

Merry Christmas

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And let’s stop drafting Michigan linemen in first round. Maxi was obliterated in last drive.
Mazi is terrible. Maybe he can round up over the off-season and become serviceable. But I doubt it. He looks like a total bust

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and yet..
philly loses one while we win out from here, we play one if not two home playoff games. Not the worst loss if you rode this train for 25 plus years. Still need a philly lose with two wins for Dallas.

Merry Christmas
Merry Christmas Brother. Hopefully Santa Claus will make that fairy tail come true. The GMen and Arizona don't give me a lot of hope. If the Eagles don't lose to a scrub, best thing that can happen to us is a Ravens victory over the Niners and either the Lions or Eagles getting the one seed. Otherwise, it's a winnable road game against Tampa followed by a trip to SF

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do.
Its the same story.
Get a late lead & the Defense gives up a win.

We will be in close games in the playoffs.
Protecting a against a TD when all they need is a FG will get us a quick exit, unless you plan on being up by multiple scores at the end.
I wish there was a stat on how many blown leads our defense has given up in the past 20 years.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't feel bad about the effort but I do feel bad about a couple of things I've seen the last two games.
1. With Hankins and LVE, out run D was decent. Without them its just pathetic. One week James Cook is going off on us like Earl Campbell. The next week, Miami lines up at the end of the game to run the ball and make us burn our time outs, and they go out and rip off 7-8 yards per carry against a stacked line from us.
2. In a league where the Eagles are automatic on any short yardage, we had two different plays from a foot from the end zone and we tried a handoff to a scrub blocking fullback that ended in a fumble and a play action pass on first down that ended in a sack. Hand the fucking ball to Pollard or Dowdle or run a sneak for fucks sake.

Will root for this team till im dead, but you aren't winning a Super Bowl when you can't run the ball in from the 1 foot line or stop a team from running it down your throat when they tell you they are about to run it down your throat. Not happening
LV against the run? The AZ back is still running.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
and yet..

Merry Christmas
True. Merry Christmas. Enjoy time with your family. Averaging 15 points per game the last two games. That won’t get it done on the road.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
and I still say you aren't a cowboy fan, just having fun trolling real fans of this team.
Funny man. Was at the Thanksgiving game and this one. Were you Mr True Blue?! Merry Christmas!

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and yet..

Merry Christmas

I’m afraid of Detroit now. Another team that runs well.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell was that play call on 1st and goal from the half yard line. There is no excuse for that ever. Ever. QB sneak 4 damn times or ram it up the middle. It's a half a yard. To make that play call or any call with the potential to lose yards on first down there is just asinine. On 4th or possibly 3rd (I wouldn't even on 3rd) it's at least arguable. It's just hard to get passed the dumb things this team does sometimes. The fact that they scored any way is meaningless. There are coaches that make their teams more likely to win with their in-game decisions and there are our coaches. MM is just not a cerebral coach. I also hate those throws into the back corner of the end zone when the receiver is running away from the QB. So hard to complete even though it's a pattern that often times the WR is able to get open.

No issue with going for it on 4th down this week when we did. Was the smart move. I thought most of the play calling was pretty good in general.

My other issue was really nit-picky and probably impossible to implement in that situation: On the 3rd and 2 (I Think) on the last drive the worst case scenario is a first down that isn't a TD. You need to sell out completely to make the stop and basically let them score if you don't. Since it happened so fast Miami wouldn't really have had time to tell their offense to fall down at the one although it's possible they might have any way. The problem is you can't really call that play in from the sideline unless you have practiced it and have a name for it to call in and have everyone know exactly what to do. But, if you are able to and you run blitz your entire OL and have the rest of the team moving towards the line at the snap you probably either stop them or give up a TD which gives us the ball back. A FG from there is probably 90% so you have to assume it's going to be made. The Hill conversion earlier on the drive hurt also. If Lewis gets through clean he probably makes the stop.

Big picture this wasn't a bad game overall IMO. The Clark penalty killed us and this undisciplined team just continues to have stupid penalties that kill us every week. The fumble at the goal line was huge and the bad call on the Micah Roughing hurt. But overall we were in a 50/50 game with one of the good teams in the league on the road again and to me that a shows the ability to win those games in the playoffs if they arise and we will need to beat teams on the road in the playoffs as the #5 seed. So, back to big picture, I'm certainly not calling yesterday a positive, but it really isn't a bad loss and if we win our last two I think we will be in position to make some playoff noise. I'm more worried how we will do on the road in a cold weather setting. I think in Miami type weather we are fine.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved the way the Offense came down with a clutch late TD drive. Defense didn't do their job and gave up too many scoring drives, but only one TD to a great offense at home so it was nothing like the week before when we didn't show up

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mazi is terrible. Maybe he can round up over the off-season and become serviceable. But I doubt it. He looks like a total bust
Possibly he can be coached up, but have no clue. Not a good start for him

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can always play the "what if" game, but think about yesterday's game and now think about it with Hankins and Tyron playing. Good chance it was a win I think and good chance both play in the playoffs.Season ain't over in my book