• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bruce Allen Is Screwing Up Badly

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Citing multiple sources familiar with the negotiations, Yahoo's Charles Robinson reports Kirk Cousins would have signed a multi-year deal last offseason if offered $20 million per year by the Redskins.

The Redskins botched this situation badly. Their max offer to Cousins last year was $16 million annually, yet they're going to end up paying him $44 million guaranteed for the 2016 and 2017 seasons combined, and risk losing Cousins to free agency next offseason. No NFL player can be franchise tagged three years in a row. Per Robinson, team president Bruce Allen is primarily to blame. Allen has reduced GM Scot McCloughan to a "talent procurement guy" only, while Allen is managing the cap (poorly) and calling almost all of the shots.

Source: Yahoo Sports
Feb 28 - 11:50 PM

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that (and I mean the entgire article) is true Allen is way way worse than Cerratto ever was. Though if it is I gotta wonder why Scot hasn't told the Redskins to go fuck themselves. And why Snyder hasn't told Allen to go fuck himself.

The article does seem a little too pro-Cousins thiugh. In the sense that why would he and his agent sign a deal long term for 44 mill in guarantees when they know they could make really close to that amount is 2 years under the tag.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it takes 2 to tango . look if he signed for 20 mil a season at that time all hell would have broke loose because most everyone wanted him to prove it

this is a negotiation both sides are trying to get the best deal . it will get sorted out

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah as I said all off season I don't blame the team for wanting to be sure, Kirk had at that point only put up 1/2 of a great season and could have very well been another Mark Rypien. Of course they had to pay a price to have another look and that's where they are now.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is a negotiation both sides are trying to get the best deal . it will get sorted out

Well my best guess is that Kirk is looking at 25million per over a 5 or 6 year period with at least 80mill guaranteed, possibly even more than that.

Since we are paying him that this year anyhow and assuming we would offer him close to that (given the demand and lack of no or few better options this year or next) what incentive does he have to do sign that deal when he could wait until after 7/15, play on the tag and demand even MORE $$$ next year.

If the only risk he has by playing on the tag is having a career ending injury. He would be stupid to sign now. It's a win win for him. He plays subpar or gets injured, he will still get 25mill from us or someone next year. He tears it up, he will get somewhere closer to 27-30mill APY. Again, he has us by the balls and is exploiting the situation. It's almost like a holdout.

I'm gonna be very interested to see if we sign him this year, if so, the contract will be ridiculous and we had better hope that he is the answer for the foreseeable future.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well my best guess is that Kirk is looking at 25million per over a 5 or 6 year period with at least 80mill guaranteed, possibly even more than that.

Since we are paying him that this year anyhow and assuming we would offer him close to that (given the demand and lack of no or few better options this year or next) what incentive does he have to do sign that deal when he could wait until after 7/15, play on the tag and demand even MORE $$$ next year.

If the only risk he has by playing on the tag is having a career ending injury. He would be stupid to sign now. It's a win win for him. He plays subpar or gets injured, he will still get 25mill from us or someone next year. He tears it up, he will get somewhere closer to 27-30mill APY. Again, he has us by the balls and is exploiting the situation. It's almost like a holdout.

I'm gonna be very interested to see if we sign him this year, if so, the contract will be ridiculous and we had better hope that he is the answer for the foreseeable future.

If they offer him a really good deal I think the incentive is having this all behind him & being able to focus completely on playing football and winning games. They are well past the pt of being able to get any type of discount so respect the guy, agree on a real good deal & let them start improving the team around him. Time will tell.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it takes 2 to tango . look if he signed for 20 mil a season at that time all hell would have broke loose because most everyone wanted him to prove it

20 mill a season isn't worth the paper its written on in the NFL. Guaranteed money is the only money that matters.

If the above is true. The only possible silver lining to it would be if not offering that deal to Cuz ends up getting Allen fired.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that (and I mean the entgire article) is true Allen is way way worse than Cerratto ever was. Though if it is I gotta wonder why Scot hasn't told the Redskins to go fuck themselves. And why Snyder hasn't told Allen to go fuck himself.

The article does seem a little too pro-Cousins thiugh. In the sense that why would he and his agent sign a deal long term for 44 mill in guarantees when they know they could make really close to that amount is 2 years under the tag.
Allen's just a taller version of Snyder. Between them, they share the same brain - which has no football nerve cells. Allen asks Snyder for Allen's opinions.

When they hired GMSM, I thought that meant we wouldn't have to deal with Allen getting involved in personnel decisions. Snyder finally did the right thing by hiring a good GM who would be given the authority to run all football operations. But apparently that's the bleepbleepbleeping case. Maybe GMSM's gone back to drinking and doesn't really care anymore. But Allen definitely has power given from Snyder, and that's not gonna work, imo. If this does all end up blowing up, it wouldn't surprise me to see GMSM leave, but he is making good money from Snyder, so that's gotta figure into his decision.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know if no deal is done by the the 15th of july KC will not be a Redskin for the 2018 season. It's incredible the grip he has on the front offices balls. If no deal is done than you can kiss Gruden and Scotty goodbye, also. Somebody will have to take the fall and it will be SM. Gruden will be gone because Allen will want a completely fresh start to the mess that could have all been avoided had they signed kC last year to a fair deal. Im not certain KC really want's to be here. He may balk at any offer and bet on himself once again.

Bottom line: Got a good QB that may keep us relevant and we,, they,, don't have the slightest clue what to do about it. Too funny.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know if no deal is done by the the 15th of july KC will not be a Redskin for the 2018 season. It's incredible the grip he has on the front offices balls. If no deal is done than you can kiss Gruden and Scotty goodbye, also. Somebody will have to take the fall and it will be SM. Gruden will be gone because Allen will want a completely fresh start to the mess that could have all been avoided had they signed kC last year to a fair deal. Im not certain KC really want's to be here. He may balk at any offer and bet on himself once again.

Bottom line: Got a good QB that may keep us relevant and we,, they,, don't have the slightest clue what to do about it. Too funny.

While I don't disagree with most of your post, from my perspective they actually have to get this deal done before the NFL draft, not July 15th otherwise the organization is putting a lot of faith in being able to do something in the next 3.5 months that they've refused to do in over a year now. Even if they do a complete 180 from where they clearly are now, that still doesn't mean that Kirk will agree to sign no matter what the terms are.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if i am the skins i draft like i was going to draft . the transition tag is still in play

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if i am the skins i draft like i was going to draft . the transition tag is still in play

I agree, however, (and I know that this is going to start some ish again) I go after some sort of insurance....plan "B" if you will, that assures that I'm not back in QB purgatory. :D

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, however, (and I know that this is going to start some ish again) I go after some sort of insurance....plan "B" if you will, that assures that I'm not back in QB purgatory. :D
Agree Sty. If Cousins isn't signed long term by draft day, you have to assume he will not be here in 2018 and factor that into your draft plans.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well we have 10 picks so a qb could be taken mid to late as warranted i would have picked a qb anyway

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree Sty. If Cousins isn't signed long term by draft day, you have to assume he will not be here in 2018 and factor that into your draft plans.

None of this is aimed at you personally man. I just want to vent a bit based on the theme here. That said:

I'm having a serious bout of Déjà vu right about now. The shit that I took just a mere 365 days ago over this same issue is eerily familiar. Funny thing is, now, after we're deeper into the shithole....NOW, it seems reasonable to consider plan "B." Had the organization done this a year ago, the choices would have been a lot better for us all. Kirk's leverage would not have been as great as it is, little or no concerns about what to do if he doesn't want to be here, and pressure to sign a more team friendly contract would have all been in play, but hey, we got Nate farkin' Sudfield and Colt McCoy, why should we be concerned about upgrading at QB?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of this is aimed at you personally man. I just want to vent a bit based on the theme here. That said:

I'm having a serious bout of Déjà vu right about now. The shit that I took just a mere 365 days ago over this same issue is eerily familiar. Funny thing is, now, after we're deeper into the shithole....NOW, it seems reasonable to consider plan "B." Had the organization done this a year ago, the choices would have been a lot better for us all. Kirk's leverage would not have been as great as it is, little or no concerns about what to do if he doesn't want to be here, and pressure to sign a more team friendly contract would have all been in play, but hey, we got Nate farkin' Sudfield and Colt McCoy, why should we be concerned about upgrading at QB?
No worries. I want, and still hope, that they can work out a long term deal. It just appears that this is becoming less likely. It also seems to me that the reason for this may be KC, not the team. I am becoming more convinced that he wants out. And the way the FO has handled him in his 5 years here, who could blame him. So if this is, in fact, the case, then I believe they need to try and get as much for him now as they can. Which includes a trade this year. They are not going to get 2 1sts. But they might get a 1st and a second or a third.

Clearly none of us have an insight into what is really going on. But if they cannot come to a long term agreement this year, they need to act accordingly and assume that a long term deal will never happen. If they can come to a long term deal, it must happen before the draft. If not, then you need to develop your draft plans accordingly. I recognize that some are still saying he could be tagged again next year and that is certainly a possibility. But that possibility is extremely remote and is not something that a competent FO (I know, that is a stretch for this team) should plan on happening.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're right, we have Sudfeld (just that name convinces me he aint never gonna be shit in this league).. perhaps not fair to say but just my hunch. The problem with playing under the tag this year (besides the fact that KC will move on) is that Suds and McCoy will have another year of basically just sitting on the pine since KC never seems to get hurt (another reason to get a deal done)...

We could have a complete flip flop in 2018 with the defense keeping us in games and the offense scoring 10 to 15 points a game. Remember those days,,, Grossman/Beck to name just a view journey men. Not saying we can't find a really good QB out there but we have one now I'm pretty convince of. Pay him now or pay some one later. What's funny is that in 3 years whatever they pay him now will seem like child's play by 2020.

Prediction: starting QB in 2018 will be Suds. Following draft we're picking within top ten. .. and the wheels on the bus go round round round.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right, we have Sudfeld (just that name convinces me he aint never gonna be shit in this league).. perhaps not fair to say but just my hunch. The problem with playing under the tag this year (besides the fact that KC will move on) is that Suds and McCoy will have another year of basically just sitting on the pine since KC never seems to get hurt (another reason to get a deal done)...

We could have a complete flip flop in 2018 with the defense keeping us in games and the offense scoring 10 to 15 points a game. Remember those days,,, Grossman/Beck to name just a view journey men. Not saying we can't find a really good QB out there but we have one now I'm pretty convince of. Pay him now or pay some one later. What's funny is that in 3 years whatever they pay him now will seem like child's play by 2020.

Prediction: starting QB in 2018 will be Suds. Following draft we're picking within top ten. .. and the wheels on the bus go round round round.
My prediction on our 2018 QB is.......hold your breath.......johnny manziel! Perfect fit for a fucked up franchise.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My prediction is KC is under center and all the drama is for nothing

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been with Dad all along and still believe it, but I have to laugh at the Manzel post. At this point nothing would surprise me.