• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Free agency and draft thread

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowers surprised me but he was BPA and Mayer's foot injury could be worse than we thought. Bowers also can play in the slot so I like it. Give Minshew or AOC (whomever starts) as many weapons as possible.

We also fortified the OL like your Steelers did. Plus Roman Wilson was a steal.
Hope his knee holds up. I can’t believe he fell that far.

Reactions: DJ

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders signed WR Michael Gallup to a 1 year deal worth 3 mill. He will be our #3 receiver behind Adams and Meyers.
I was looking at their depth chart earlier today and they were missing some depth at WR.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tucker will still get his snaps at receiver. Gallup has a history of getting banged up. Last time he had more than 39 receptions was 2020.
They really should have added a receiver in a deep class. I guess Bowers counts if he will play in the slot.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders should have a good offense this year - it will be interesting to see who wins the QB job between Minshew/O’Connell, I think Minshew is underrated and will probably win the job, O’Connell has potential but probably needs some time on the bench, regardless the Raiders will have good offensive weapons - I think Zamir White will emerge as a good RB this year, Bowers is a great pick and should be a beast and their receivers are good. The Raiders have a good chance at contending for a playoff spot IMO.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,656.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders should have a good offense this year - it will be interesting to see who wins the QB job between Minshew/O’Connell, I think Minshew is underrated and will probably win the job, O’Connell has potential but probably needs some time on the bench, regardless the Raiders will have good offensive weapons - I think Zamir White will emerge as a good RB this year, Bowers is a great pick and should be a beast and their receivers are good. The Raiders have a good chance at contending for a playoff spot IMO.
Telesco has impressed me so far.

Wilkins was the crown jewel of our FA. Our DL is loaded.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Telesco has impressed me so far.

Wilkins was the crown jewel of our FA. Our DL is loaded.
The biggest concern for the Raiders is the secondary IMO, particularly the corner position - it looks kind of shaky and they don’t have any standout players there. Other than that the Raiders should have a good team.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,656.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest concern for the Raiders is the secondary IMO, particularly the corner position - it looks kind of shaky and they don’t have any standout players there. Other than that the Raiders should have a good team.
Disagree. Hobbs is solid and Jack Jones came on strong once AP got the HC job.

I'm cautiously optimistic about next season.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,656.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides, if you have a poor to average secondary.....the best solution to that?

Have a good to great pass rush. Already mentioned the loaded DL.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. Hobbs is solid and Jack Jones came in strong once AP got the HC job.
Hobbs and Jones are decent but not great IMO and the depth is a concern. But I don’t follow the Raiders as closely as you do.
Just saying the secondary looks like the weak link for the Raiders, and their O-Line might be a bit shaky, I like the Powers-Johnson pick, I thought he would go in the 1st round and I think the Raiders got a steal with him. Anyway the Raiders look pretty good on paper right now, they definitely look like the second best team in the AFC West.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looks like $2M for Zeke as he probably hits the active roster bonus. Good signing for that price. I don't think he hits any of the 3 incentives listed. Even if they don't add anyone else I'm not sure he outsnaps Dowdle or gets to 51% of snaps, but I strongly expect them to add another back and hopefully they add a guy to the top of the depth chart not the middle

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You say that the Raiders will have a good offense and then in the very same sentence go on to say why they wont.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say that the Raiders will have a good offense and then in the very same sentence go on to say why they wont.
I think Minshew is a pretty good QB, and I think O’Connell has the potential to be good. Minshew almost led the Colts to the playoffs last year.