• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Draft & FA. Where do we start?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
talent isn't the issue
I agree with you completely on last year's team. But I think in addition to management and culture, the talent is starting to slip and will continue to do so if we pay a good QB more than any player in NFL history

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you completely on last year's team. But I think in addition to management and culture, the talent is starting to slip and will continue to do so if we pay a good QB more than any player in NFL history
maybe but I think the light bulb sometimes takes time to shine. Most need a year. I expect development from many next season. I'm not ready to trash last years draft.

TJ Bass might shock a few of you guys next season.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe but I think the light bulb sometimes takes time to shine. Most need a year. I expect development from many next season. I'm not ready to trash last years draft.

TJ Bass really impressed me. He held up well when he got on the field. Physical and uses good technique.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson Powers-Johnson is the top prospect and looks like a stud. I think Zack Frazier will be a real good starter. Sedrick Van Pran-Granger is the guy if you miss on those two
It's those three for sure . I agree with your rankings. JPJ is at the top of my list

I hear now that the Cowboys met with Worthy. I am starting to think that Worthy is a guy I am very interested in. He is projected in the 20s. It's not all about speed with Worthy. Can he beat NFL press coverage though? If he can beat the press Worthy is going to be a serious problem for secondaries to deal with. His speed is electric. A taller and faster version of Cooks, but I see a little more alpha in Worthy.

There are several ways the Cowboys can go at 24. There is going to be a real good starter available. Worthy though, It would be hard to pass on him if all the good lineman are off the board.

When you look at our receiver core we are just not quite good enough there.

Worthy is the type that Jerry Jones covets.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like Bass. I don't think Brock Hoffman can be the center though.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's those three for sure . I agree with your rankings. JPJ is at the top of my list

I hear now that the Cowboys met with Worthy. I am starting to think that Worthy is a guy I am very interested in. He is projected in the 20s. It's not all about speed with Worthy. Can he beat NFL press coverage though? If he can beat the press Worthy is going to be a serious problem for secondaries to deal with. His speed is electric. A taller and faster version of Cooks, but I see a little more alpha in Worthy.

There are several ways the Cowboys can go at 24. There is going to be a real good starter available. Worthy though, It would be hard to pass on him if all the good lineman are off the board.

When you look at our receiver core we are just not quite good enough there.

Worthy is the type that Jerry Jones covets.
My hope is that either JPJ or OT Jordan Morgan, who is projected late 1st/early 2nd is there for Dallas. JPJ would hold down C for 10 years and I think Morgan could really be a great OT

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My hope is that either JPJ or OT Jordan Morgan, who is projected late 1st/early 2nd is there for Dallas. JPJ would hold down C for 10 years and I think Morgan could really be a great OT
I don't know much about Morgan. JPJ would keep the middle clean. He would open up running lanes, which is something Biadz was not great at. jPJ sort of reminds me of Larry Allen in the way he bullies people. Not saying he is Allen of course. Allen is the greatest LG of all time IMO.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know much about Morgan. JPJ would keep the middle clean. He would open up running lanes, which is something Biadz was not great at. jPJ sort of reminds me of Larry Allen in the way he bullies people. Not saying he is Allen of course. Allen is the greatest LG of all time IMO.
Morgan is a terrific athlete. Perfect height/weight. Had an acl but came back strong. Will play LT in the NFL

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Bass. I don't think Brock Hoffman can be the center though.
I have more confidence in Bass at LG than Hoffman at C. What worried me is playing both of them and especially if Steele plays like crap again. I do expect at least one OL drafted very early.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have more confidence in Bass at LG than Hoffman at C. What worried me is playing both of them and especially if Steele plays like crap again. I do expect at least one OL drafted very early.
1 or 2. Imagine Martin or Smith going down with an injury and how does it look?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would draft JPJ in round one if he ist there. Some would disagree when I say I would draft Braelon Allen in round two. But those would be my picks. I want Allen over the rest. I like Benson and Brooks as well . I just want want smash mouth foot ball in the playoffs.

JPJ and Allen are going to smash some damn mouths. We need Physicality added to the roster.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says it all. Winning now takes a backseat to profit margins in big D. At least Jerry would outspend everyone while fucking up years ago. Now it's even worse. GM Jerry with Stephen holding the bank book. We are fucked

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak Prescott’s contract itself is a source of contention. Once considered a hefty but necessary expenditure, Prescott’s deal has become a financial albatross due to multiple restructures. His $55.4 million salary cap hit for the 2024 season is a stark reminder of the Cowboys’ precarious financial management.

Jerry Jones and the Dallas Cowboys must navigate a minefield of their own making. The handling of Dak Prescott’s contract is more than a financial blunder; it’s a symbol of a franchise in flux, uncertain of its direction and identity. As the 2024 season approaches, the Cowboys find themselves at a crossroads, with the decisions made today shaping the future of one of the NFL’s most storied franchises.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle signed Hankins to a one year, $2.05M deal with only $300K guaranteed. He gave the Cowboys a chance to match and they said no. Seriously, fuck Stephen Jones

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak Prescott’s contract itself is a source of contention. Once considered a hefty but necessary expenditure, Prescott’s deal has become a financial albatross due to multiple restructures. His $55.4 million salary cap hit for the 2024 season is a stark reminder of the Cowboys’ precarious financial management.

Jerry Jones and the Dallas Cowboys must navigate a minefield of their own making
. The handling of Dak Prescott’s contract is more than a financial blunder; it’s a symbol of a franchise in flux, uncertain of its direction and identity. As the 2024 season approaches, the Cowboys find themselves at a crossroads, with the decisions made today shaping the future of one of the NFL’s most storied franchises.
Man… when it comes to this team and the last 25+ years I’m not sure I’ve agreed with anything quite as much as this statement right here.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle signed Hankins to a one year, $2.05M deal with only $300K guaranteed. He gave the Cowboys a chance to match and they said no. Seriously, fuck Stephen Jones
Hankins though seemed to getting close to the end. This wasn't the Hankins in his prime. I thought Hankins was way better in 22 than 23.

I certainly am not praising this clown show FO though Lol. So many botched contracts . And really the drafting has been suspect lately.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hankins though seemed to getting close to the end. This wasn't the Hankins in his prime. I thought Hankins was way better in 22 than 23.

I certainly am not praising this clown show FO though Lol. So many botched contracts . And really the drafting has been suspect lately.
Man I disagree with that. Hank played well and is just what, 31?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I disagree with that. Hank played well and is just what, 31?
Not saying Hank was terrible,just going off what I noticed. He was our only legit run stuffer. Still you are correct when you make the point that he was cheap. This FO has blown twice that amount on free agents before that never ended up playing.