• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Draft

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd just hope he falls to where they pick. If the Flyers were a better team, maybe you move up in the draft. But really they have plenty of holes that need filled. Not worth putting all your eggs in one basket IMO.

I think they could end up with 2 of Meier, Zacha, Roy, or Kylington and that would be awesome. Just need the Bolts to cooperate and lose in the first round.

If Tampa gets the two seed, there's a much better chance they might get Detroit and I think Detroit would take them down

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd trade both picks for Marner. You only get high end centers that high up in the draft and we might not be this close again. Get a long term center with an age that goes along with our future defense. Let him take the reigns from Giroux eventually.

Don't think that will happen though. I like Rantanen, but I've seen him listed at wing and center. Really don't want a winger with our pick. Tampa's pick I'll go best skater available. We need another goalie in the system and I think one of our 3rds would be ideal for that.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd trade both picks for Marner. You only get high end centers that high up in the draft and we might not be this close again. Get a long term center with an age that goes along with our future defense. Let him take the reigns from Giroux eventually.

Don't think that will happen though. I like Rantanen, but I've seen him listed at wing and center. Really don't want a winger with our pick. Tampa's pick I'll go best skater available. We need another goalie in the system and I think one of our 3rds would be ideal for that.

I would love for them to trade one more d-man for another pick at the draft but I'm not sure that will happen

Let's say, the Flyers stick at 9 and then Tampa gets eliminated in the first round(so their pick would end up being anywhere from 15-22), if it's 9 and 18, how much farther you think they could move up, realistically?

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love for them to trade one more d-man for another pick at the draft but I'm not sure that will happen

Let's say, the Flyers stick at 9 and then Tampa gets eliminated in the first round(so their pick would end up being anywhere from 15-22), if it's 9 and 18, how much farther you think they could move up, realistically?

If we package both 1sts and the 2nd I think we can break top 5 but I'm not sure anyone would be willing to trade out. Just seems like it here is a noticeable drop off there. I don't really care about trading up to anywhere in the late 10s since there are plenty of guys I like. Rantanen. Provorov, Werenski, Kylington, and Barzal. (I'd be okay with Crouse or Zacha)

Konecny in interesting. He seemed like a top 10 pick before the year, dropped off to the last 1st, and is now jumping up again.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we package both 1sts and the 2nd I think we can break top 5 but I'm not sure anyone would be willing to trade out. Just seems like it here is a noticeable drop off there. I don't really care about trading up to anywhere in the late 10s since there are plenty of guys I like. Rantanen. Provorov, Werenski, Kylington, and Barzal. (I'd be okay with Crouse or Zacha)

Konecny in interesting. He seemed like a top 10 pick before the year, dropped off to the last 1st, and is now jumping up again.

If Columbus goes top five, I think they're the one team that might be willing to trade with us - they seem like the type of team that would make a move like that

I don't think Buffalo, Arizona, Edmonton or Carolina would be interested in doing it because they need a superstar player - Columbus isn't as far off because they just had a bunch of injuries

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Columbus goes top five, I think they're the one team that might be willing to trade with us - they seem like the type of team that would make a move like that

I don't think Buffalo, Arizona, Edmonton or Carolina would be interested in doing it because they need a superstar player - Columbus isn't as far off because they just had a bunch of injuries

I'd think long and hard about trading up for Strome at #5. That's tough

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd think long and hard about trading up for Strome at #5. That's tough

I think the Flyers should also think long and hard about dealing Mark Streit for another first round pick at the draft - I think he could fetch that and it would give them three first rounders and they can trade up and still have two firsts in all likelihood

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Flyers should also think long and hard about dealing Mark Streit for another first round pick at the draft - I think he could fetch that and it would give them three first rounders and they can trade up and still have two firsts in all likelihood

I have no problem with that. Keep adding picks. We aren't going anywhere with Streit anyway

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with that. Keep adding picks. We aren't going anywhere with Streit anyway

Honestly, I'm good with them nuking the roster sans 28, 93, 17 and 35 - there's a level of patience that is needed but I don't think you can just sit on your hands and wait forever on certain guys to develop

I think Hexy can be patient, aggressive and creative all at the same time

The coach is responsible for the team not getting these guys ready to play but I also think the roster is a bit stagnant - another option is if you trade Mark Streit for a first rounder, you can package that first rounder with Couts or Brayden Schenn to get that number two center

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I'm good with them nuking the roster sans 28, 93, 17 and 35 - there's a level of patience that is needed but I don't think you can just sit on your hands and wait forever on certain guys to develop

I think Hexy can be patient, aggressive and creative all at the same time

The coach is responsible for the team not getting these guys ready to play but I also think the roster is a bit stagnant - another option is if you trade Mark Streit for a first rounder, you can package that first rounder with Couts or Brayden Schenn to get that number two center

I agree with everything you said except for Couturier. I want to keep him at all costs. Even if he never has the offense of a 2C, he fits greatly as an awesome shutdown 3C

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't either. 5 maybe if teams really need offense and go with Strome and Marner. It's nice to imagine though.

Knowing the Oilers, they'll probably pass on ANOTHER defenseman, so maybe 5th at the worst

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we wound up with Hanifan by luck do we then trade one of our young defenseman for offense.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we wound up with Hanifan by luck do we then trade one of our young defenseman for offense.

I would wait to do that I think. Let them develop more. It's a risk, if they don't pan out then you get nothing. But the reward is also big. That would give the Flyers 4 legitimate top 4 prospects. If even 3 of the 4 pan out, that would be enormous.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would wait to do that I think. Let them develop more. It's a risk, if they don't pan out then you get nothing. But the reward is also big. That would give the Flyers 4 legitimate top 4 prospects. If even 3 of the 4 pan out, that would be enormous.

Agreed - unless some team offers some ridiculous deal, I think you would keep all those guys and let them develop

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We also have Streit and A Mac for the next 20 years to serve as Mentors!

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like the Flyers to draft a winger and a defenseman....but am not married to that....with the two 1s they have. Don't care which is which.

They need depth on the wings on both sides.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
read this in Meltzer's comments today..

you guys think BSchenn and a 1st would get us to Marner? I would do the TB 1st and Schenn to draft Marner I think.