• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will the Bears offense reach 6,000 total yards this year?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not impossible but my money would say no. But if it did? We would lose our OC for sure.
He's only going to be here temporarily. Waldron is over qualified for this job as it stands, to be honest. Barring everything going really poorly with CW - he will be gone in a year (two tops). No reason to really fret about it. I hope whoever we promote from within is decent as well. If things are going well for CW, we aren't switching to an entire new philosophy/system.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's only going to be here temporarily. Waldron is over qualified for this job as it stands, to be honest. Barring everything going really poorly with CW - he will be gone in a year (two tops). No reason to really fret about it. I hope whoever we promote from within is decent as well. If things are going well for CW, we aren't switching to an entire new philosophy/system.
I hope. Cutty got 8 OC's and systems in 9 years. I think Poles is much smarter then that.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always remember there being an easy recipe to beat the bears offense.

With Grossman, you had to generate an edge rush and you get Rex Grossman running backwards.

With Orton, the safeties were never worried about going over the top, so they stacked the box every play.

With Cutler, he was always erratic. You just made him play qb and he would make mistakes.

Similarly with Trubisky and Fields, you just sit back, contain him in the pocket, and make him play qb.

A lot of this was possible because of our weak offensive roster to go along with each individual QBs short comings.

With Williams, I’m not sure how defenses will play him. He can scramble to extend the play or even get a gain, but he’s always looking to pass. The offensive line will probably be a lot more tested this year, but I don’t think it’s a bad offensive line at this point. Caleb’s arm is going to keep the safeties back. The WRs are going to make it hard on the secondary to go man, and they are talented enough to find the gaps in zone.

I think early on, we’re going to see a lot of creative blitzes to try to get Caleb to make the wrong throw. I think he’s going to throw a lot of picks because of this. However, he will learn from it and become much better. Once he figures out how to deal with the blitz, I don’t know if there is anything most defenses will be able to do to stop this offense. This year is going to be very exciting, but next year, we might be Super Bowl contenders.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope. Cutty got 8 OC's and systems in 9 years. I think Poles is much smarter then that.
I believe he had 6 OC's in 8 years (2009-2016: Turner in 09, Martz 10-11, Tice in 12, Trestman/Kromer 13-14, Gase in 15, and Loggains in 16) but I do get your point.

If OC's do well - they're going to leave. Poles can't control that. Like I said, I just hope there's someone here already that we have an eye on. Changing the system on CW after a successful year 1 is an absolute no-no.