• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will the Bears offense reach 6,000 total yards this year?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To put things in perspective, only 8 teams cracked the 6k mark last season - not even KC reached it! I believe the moves Poles has made in the offseason up to and including the draft, gives the Bears a realistic shot of now having a top 10 offense. This would place us very close to the 6k mark, if not surpass it altogether. For an additional perspective, I'm pretty sure most of us Bears diehards thought our offense last year was average to sub average at best. Being ranked 20th backs up this belief. And yet they managed to somehow crank out 5,495 yards with a much less talented group than they have now. So maybe it's not too farfetched to think we can hit this target.

Granted, a lot would have to go right, starting with the health of our key personnel, specifically Williams. We can't have our main bodies in the infirmary for great lengths of time. Even if everyone for the most part remains healthy, it's still a sizable leap to vault from 20th to the top 10. But I gots da faith brothers, I gots da faith!!!

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn...LSD in full on meatball mode.

Ain't no way we're hitting 6000 yards with a rookie QB and a brand new OC...but I like the cut of your jib.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ain't no way we're hitting 6000 yards with a rookie QB and a brand new OC...but I like the cut of your jib.
Yes, guilty as charged of being the ultimate optimist/homer. But I honestly don't think it's as much of a stretch that it seems on paper. Like I said, a lot would have to go right, but it's doable.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the O will be waaay better.

That is not saying much tho, perspective-wise.

I really dig what Poles has done. I think he might be a fucking assassin.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In "everything goes right" land? Sure, it's possible.

It's not the most probable outcome, though.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the QB can play - the OC has a good track record. He's resurrected Geno Smith back from the dead (from a career that never was) and led a really good offense the past couple of seasons. The Bears could be a top 8 offense with the fire power that they have. If things fall right for the Bears with health, new additions panning out, etc. It's certainly within the range of outcomes.

Most likely outcome? No, it is not.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its possible I spose..........

A better qb(albeit a rook),a better rb,2 better wrs giving us 3,an extra te that we all know should be better than what Tonyan offered,it does seem like we should be more than 555 yds better than in 23.......

We averaged 323 yds a game last season.....
You need to average 353 yds to hit 6000......

Seems to me we are 30 yards a game better team......

Seems attainable.......but with a rookie qb,we will see what happens........

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its possible I spose..........

A better qb(albeit a rook),a better rb,2 better wrs giving us 3,an extra te that we all know should be better than what Tonyan offered,it does seem like we should be more than 555 yds better than in 23.......

We averaged 323 yds a game last season.....
You need to average 353 yds to hit 6000......

Seems to me we are 30 yards a game better team......

Seems attainable.......but with a rookie qb,we will see what happens........
Our rushing offense from last year is changing big time. I don’t think we will rate near the top in rushing this year, but I could be wrong.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our rushing offense from last year is changing big time. I don’t think we will rate near the top in rushing this year, but I could be wrong.
Even tho JF facked up the yardage,CW should make up for it in the passing game.....

I just think now that the 6000 yds a game has been broken down,that 30 yards a game a get there,actually looks very doable.....

Knock on wood

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have 3 areas of legitimate concern (outside of the always #1, health/injuries that applies to every team):

#1: QB - Williams has the talent...but a rookie QB is a rookie QB and nothing is given. Plus we're the Bears, QB is always the f*cking area of concern with us. At least for now...*crosses fingers*

#2: Center - If Bates and/or Shelton work out, what a Godsend it would be. So tired of a DT being in our QB's face immediately upon snap or seeing our interior linemen knocked backwards on their ass.

#3: Pass Rush - It should be fine with Ngakoue considering how good we are at the other 2 levels. But it won't be anything special until more talent arrives. I expect this to be the #1 area addressed either at the 2024 trade deadline or next offseason.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have 3 areas of legitimate concern (outside of the always #1, health/injuries that applies to every team):

#1: QB - Williams has the talent...but a rookie QB is a rookie QB and nothing is given. Plus we're the Bears, QB is always the f*cking area of concern with us. At least for now...*crosses fingers*

#2: Center - If Bates and/or Shelton work out, what a Godsend it would be. So tired of a DT being in our QB's face immediately upon snap or seeing our interior linemen knocked backwards on their ass.

#3: Pass Rush - It should be fine with Ngakoue considering how good we are at the other 2 levels. But it won't be anything special until more talent arrives. I expect this to be the #1 area addressed either at the 2024 trade deadline or next offseason.
#1, it's always on the wise side to have some reservations with a rookie QB, that's only natural. But despite our horrific history with QBs, it's still an accurate statement to say that was then, this is now. What's transpired in the past has nothing to do with our present situation, everywhere from this particular QB thru our management. There's no reason to be less or even more confident based on our history. We're in the now and it's all that matters.

#2, I think they'll hold the fort down until/if Poles ever decides to draft a high end center or sign a veteran starter worthy of a long term contract. While I haven't been all that critical of his overall strategy in rebuilding the Bears, I do wonder why he hasn't taken advantage of the last two draft classes, each of which had some draft-worthy pickings, or the same with the FA market. There's been some damn good talent there as well.

#3, I'm on the side of signing one of the remaining DE/Edges still out there. I've said it before, I more than understand why Poles opts for a temporary fix, as in signing a one year rental, being next year's draft is loaded with this talent.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. Why not.

A bad Bears team in 2023 had a total of 5495 yards (3096 passing + 2399 rushing).
Just need about 30 more yards per game to get 6000.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not impossible but my money would say no. But if it did? We would lose our OC for sure.