• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Cares About The Hat Kaepernick Wears

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Here you go.....

So, there's no way that Toby's comment was appropriate (don't think the screen shot is showing up in the quote). However, I don't see that as him saying you're a half-ass fan because you're concerned about your family. I read it as him saying that if you were a true fan of the Niners, then you would have worries about the Niners (this was in the playoffs) to go with the stress coming from your family's health issues.

Again, not condoning what he said, or agreeing with it. I think it was pretty abhorrent quite frankly. However, with his incredibly strong denials, I believe the above is what he meant by the comment.

Again, horrible comment and I hope things are looking better for your family.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wow! Was that a waste of time! I haven't a clue as to what you were tring to say..........I'm reasonably sure you didn't either. I'll say again, one can make all the mistakes he wants as long as he's not intentionally doing it, and still be OK with me. Ignorance is not stupidity but remaining ignorant on purpose is stupidity.

So, when you wrote those sentences were you

a) Under the impression they were complete sentences?
b) Under the impression incomplete sentences were proper English?
c) Under the impression they were INcomplete sentences, AND that that is improper English and knowing both those to be true, chose to post them still?

Basically, based on your established expectation for Kaepernick, are you stupid, or are you ignorant?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, when you wrote those sentences were you

a) Under the impression they were complete sentences?
b) Under the impression incomplete sentences were proper English?
c) Under the impression they were INcomplete sentences, AND that that is improper English and knowing both those to be true, chose to post them still?

Basically, based on your established expectation for Kaepernick, are you stupid, or are you ignorant?

a) Complete sentences are not needed to speak proper English. Example: My exclamation of "Ouch" when I stub my toe; not a cpmplete sentence but perfectly proper.
b) See "a" above.
c) see "a" above

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, there's no way that Toby's comment was appropriate (don't think the screen shot is showing up in the quote). However, I don't see that as him saying you're a half-ass fan because you're concerned about your family. I read it as him saying that if you were a true fan of the Niners, then you would have worries about the Niners (this was in the playoffs) to go with the stress coming from your family's health issues.

Again, not condoning what he said, or agreeing with it. I think it was pretty abhorrent quite frankly. However, with his incredibly strong denials, I believe the above is what he meant by the comment.

Again, horrible comment and I hope things are looking better for your family.

My original reason for even bringing it up centered around another poster's disdain for TT's recent posts. I was supplying perspective on what he can expect once the season cranks up.

With regards to his intent, it can be interpreted numerous ways. I took offense to it at the time. If he meant it another way, so be it.

I stand by my statement on stress and watching the Niners. I only watch the NFL, major golf touraments, and the Ryder Cup. I probably watch 10-15 other sports event a year, combined. The Niners are the only team I truly follow. I love the games but don't get worried about them, even in the playoffs. Much more important things exist in life. If I ever get to the point I'm that stressed about a game, I walk away. I don't think that makes me less of a fan. It's about balance and my quality of life.

My half ass comment was sarcasm, but I guess it was not picked up upon. I don't consider myself a half assed fan.

As for my family, all is fine right now. Thanks for asking.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
a) Complete sentences are not needed to speak proper English. Example: My exclamation of "Ouch" when I stub my toe; not a cpmplete sentence but perfectly proper.
b) See "a" above.
c) see "a" above

Incomplete sentences are required for proper written English, which has been the vast majority of your criticism of Kaepernick.

So, did you not know it was improper, or did you know it was improper and use it anyway?

Also, I don't think you can call the use of an incomplete sentence proper just because someone uses it. Wouldn't that disqualify all of your criticism of Kaep?

I'm starting to lean toward you not knowing it was improper.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My original reason for even bringing it up centered around another poster's disdain for TT's recent posts. I was supplying perspective on what he can expect once the season cranks up.

With regards to his intent, it can be interpreted numerous ways. I took offense to it at the time. If he meant it another way, so be it.

I stand by my statement on stress and watching the Niners. I only watch the NFL, major golf touraments, and the Ryder Cup. I probably watch 10-15 other sports event a year, combined. The Niners are the only team I truly follow. I love the games but don't get worried about them, even in the playoffs. Much more important things exist in life. If I ever get to the point I'm that stressed about a game, I walk away. I don't think that makes me less of a fan. It's about balance and my quality of life.

My half ass comment was sarcasm, but I guess it was not picked up upon. I don't consider myself a half assed fan.

Well, you can't be all bad if you watch the Majors and the Ryder Cup. My favorite sporting events of the year are the Masters and the bi annual Ryder Cup. Absolutely riveted by them.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Yeah, I don't think his comment was even in the same realm as something that would be appropriate. It was way out of line.

Glad to hear everything is going well.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wow! Was that a waste of time! I haven't a clue as to what you were tring to say..........I'm reasonably sure you didn't either. I'll say again, one can make all the mistakes he wants as long as he's not intentionally doing it, and still be OK with me. Ignorance is not stupidity but remaining ignorant on purpose is stupidity.

And your use of "my bad" is a clear example of deliberate ignorance. As you have exercised deliberate ignorance in your speech/writing, you clearly lack all character and integrity.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incomplete sentences are required for proper written English, which has been the vast majority of your criticism of Kaepernick.

So, did you not know it was improper, or did you know it was improper and use it anyway?

Also, I don't think you can call the use of an incomplete sentence proper just because someone uses it. Wouldn't that disqualify all of your criticism of Kaep?

I'm starting to lean toward you not knowing it was improper.

I just showed you above with my "ouch" example why that is not true. That should have ended that portion of the discussion.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
b) See "a" above.
c) see "a" above

And again, none of that explains "my bad," which is about as far from proper English as you can get.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I just showed you above with my "ouch" example why that is not true. That should have ended that portion of the discussion.

Because you exclaiming something applies to written language?

And I also showed why you were wrong. Citing someone's usage is not evidence that it is acceptable. I would love to see someone use that argument in a court of law. "Your honour, murder is acceptable since I, and numerous others, have done it. Rather than sentencing me to life in prison, I think the law needs to be changed to allow for murder.

Aaron Hernandez's lawyer will be thanking me for this post.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaepernick is college educated and was raised in a white upper middle class class family. he has KNOWLEDGE of how to speak correctly.

Do you realize that you are proving my point? You just claimed, "he has Knowledge", but you are trying to also paint him to be ignorant. You claim that you hate improper use of words but you don't know when to use, Ignorant, Stupid, or Etiquette. A wise man once said, " you shouldn't throw stones when you reside in a glass house"...

PS I am black, never attended a prestigious college, and was raised in the hood by my black lower middle class family. Yet, I know how to use words in a sentence properly.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you realize that you are proving my point? You just claimed, "he has Knowledge", but you are trying to also paint him to be ignorant. You claim that you hate improper use of words but you don't know when to use, Ignorant, Stupid, or Etiquette. A wise man once said, " you shouldn't throw stones when you reside in a glass house"...

PS I am black, never attended a prestigious college, and was raised in the hood by my black lower middle class family. Yet, I know how to use words in a sentence properly.

Oh no I'm not. I've said all along that ignorance is not necessarily a bad thing. Kaepernick is pretending to be ignorant because he thinks its cool and that is what I object to; purposeful ignorance. It serves his purpose to appear ignorant by his misuse of the language because he believes it gives him "street cred".

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because you exclaiming something applies to written language?
And I also showed why you were wrong. Citing someone's usage is not evidence that it is acceptable. I would love to see someone use that argument in a court of law. "Your honour, murder is acceptable since I, and numerous others, have done it. Rather than sentencing me to life in prison, I think the law needs to be changed to allow for murder.

Aaron Hernandez's lawyer will be thanking me for this post.

Of course. It being written as dialogue for a play or in a book would be completely acceptable.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Its not "hip" to me. Its educated people conding, by use, incorrect language. I know its a small thing but so was opening Roman citizenship to foreigners and look what happened to them.

Not sure how I missed this earlier, but it's a great argument. Of course, the Qing dynasty went in the opposite direction, and look what happened to them. The Spartans pursued homogeneity aggressively, and that didn't seem to do them much good in the long run. The same goes for the Nazis and Japanese in WWII. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that attributing the fall of any civilization to a single factor is pretty dumb.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet you have condoned the incorrect phrase by using it. Isn't that the exact same thing you're getting your panties in a bunch about Kaepernick doing?

No; not even close. Iam on a personal message board. Kaepernick made his comments in a public setting as a de facto representative of the 49ers. His was unprofessional conduct which reflects poorly on his employer, mine only reflects poorly on my converational skills.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how I missed this earlier, but it's a great argument. Of course, the Qing dynasty went in the opposite direction, and look what happened to them. The Spartans pursued homogeneity aggressively, and that didn't seem to do them much good in the long run. The same goes for the Nazis and Japanese in WWII. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that attributing the fall of any civilization to a single factor is pretty dumb.

Ha ha! What's got you all riled up today?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No; not even close. Iam on a personal message board. Kaepernick made his comments in a public setting as a de facto representative of the 49ers. His was unprofessional conduct which reflects poorly on his employer, mine only reflects poorly on my converational skills.

This isn't exactly a private forum. Not to mention that this is a stark departure from your earlier position, in which you were criticizing ever using such language. In fact, I seem to recall you questioning my use of "thru" in text messages that were limited to myself and one other person. But consistency has never been your strong suit.