• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UNLV Basketball

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this season has been rough and I am not expecting much from this team in the MWC tournament but I really want to beat Reno today!!! It would be awful to end the season with a loss to fucking UNR.

dj_john69

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,065.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
next up...SDSU. Will be a close game but i think SDSU pulls it out by 5

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They ran out of gas, Rice needs to get depth, there is no other way to look at it....That and make their damn free throws...

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are bringing Rice back for next year. I dont hate it, but man i have been as patient as anyone with this guy. We need to either win the regular season conference, or the tourney, and have a win in the NCAA tourney. The bar is set higher for me than ever before, depending upon who returns. If Rice doesnt make the tourney again, he has to go.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are bringing Rice back for next year. I dont hate it, but man i have been as patient as anyone with this guy. We need to either win the regular season conference, or the tourney, and have a win in the NCAA tourney. The bar is set higher for me than ever before, depending upon who returns. If Rice doesnt make the tourney again, he has to go.

I think it was a given he would be back, depth is the lacking enemy here and the AD knew that, I agree he doesn't produce next season, then its time for a change

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't hate it either only because there are excuses/reasons why this team didn't succeed and it wasn't entirely coaching. There were times when I would blame the coaching and there were times I would blame the lack of experience and lack of depth. Most of the time it was a combination of everything. Next season there shouldn't be any excuses but a lot of things can happen, players can leave, get injured or even not improve as players. The freshman need to improve and become stronger players for the team to be better.

I really want Coach Rice to be the guy at UNLV, I worry he isn't the guy though. It would be awesome if he could bring the team back to prominence and sustained success.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
zimmy.jpg

haha fuck you Cal

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wood coming back for another season. Wood, Zimmerman and Goodluck!!! Pretty legit, already a much deeper team than last season.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wood is leaving. He had been telling everyone on campus he was staying, and then released a video on Twitter about leaving. I wish him the best, but honestly i am not going to miss him. He had some shining moments, but if you watched the games, he had more times that he pouted after not getting a call, pouted after missing a shot, or just showed a lack of effort when he got his feelings hurt. I think it will be addition by subtraction.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw that. Still should be much deeper even without him. Zimmerman, Morgan, Goodluck and then Carter coming off the redshirt. I think the team looks better so far but a lot hinges on Zimmerman living up to the hype. Then the question is can Rice do his job and get these guys to win?!?!

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw that. Still should be much deeper even without him. Zimmerman, Morgan, Goodluck and then Carter coming off the redshirt. I think the team looks better so far but a lot hinges on Zimmerman living up to the hype. Then the question is can Rice do his job and get these guys to win?!?!
Plus Patrick MaCaw is going to be a baller at the point. Rice had better win 20 games and at least one big dance game.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus Patrick MaCaw is going to be a baller at the point. Rice had better win 20 games and at least one big dance game.
If he doesn't then he should be gone. It seems he has the talent, he just doesn't win with it. Two of your players could be first rounders in the draft yet the team sucked.

McCaw was my favorite player last season. I was pleasantly surprised.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he doesn't then he should be gone. It seems he has the talent, he just doesn't win with it. Two of your players could be first rounders in the draft yet the team sucked.

McCaw was my favorite player last season. I was pleasantly surprised.

Smartest all around ball player we have had in my recent memory. Great defensively, smart with ball, and could shoot threes and attack the rim. I think he will be awesome next season.