• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bears 2024 offseason thread

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the post-draft/UDFA phase is well under way:

Poles usually finds a gem or two in these. Let's see if the new batch will produce any keepers.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the post-draft/UDFA phase is well under way:

Poles usually finds a gem or two in these. Let's see if the new batch will produce any keepers.
Still a long way to go before determining if there's a keeper in this UDFA batch. My initial reaction was if there's anyone who on paper seems to be a decent candidate for making the cut, it's Illinois DT Keith Randolph. However, according to this analyst, there's another who could potentially be a steal for the Bears, Jamree Kromah out of Div III James Madison College. Check out this YT review:

Maybe he makes the cut, maybe he makes the practice squad. I guess anything's possible. I'll be keeping an eye on both of these players this summer.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In reading an article in the Sun-Times, it was brought up that there will be high expectations for Rome Odunze, based on recent history where there has been very good to excellent numbers by WRs taken in the top 10 of the draft, such as the Bengals’ Ja’Marr Chase (81-1,455, 13 touchdowns), the Dolphins’ Jaylen Waddle (104-1,015, 6) and the Eagles’ DeVonta Smith (54-916, 5) in 2021; the Falcons’ Drake London (72-866, 4) and the Jets’ Garrett Wilson (72-866, 4) in 2023.

One glaring difference tho on all these examples is Rome will be the only rookie of this bunch clearly established as the team's #3 receiver. None of those other teams had two 1,200+ yard receivers ranked ahead of their respective rookies. My early take is Odunze's production, barring injury that could thrust him into a #2 role, will likely resemble that of London's or Wilson's vs Chase's or Waddle's.