• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SportsHoopla's All-Time Greatest College Football Program Tournament v.2 - 8 Nebraska v 9 Penn State

Who has an all-time better football program?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think ralphie may have voted for them because of our spat a week or so ago lol. If not, I would like to hear... read the reasoning. Penn St is a solid program with tons of history surrounding them, they are and should be respected. But trying to say that they are somehow historically/all-time better than Nebraska is silly. Nebraska leads them in most categories and also has more head-to-head wins, but whatevs.

Ohh I’m not that vain. It’s a homer vote. I used to love PSU, my mother’s an alum and we used to go to at least one game each year in the 90’s and a year or two in the 00’s. I saw some amazing teams. Hell I wish 94 PSU could play 95 Nebraska. I think it would be a good game.

But I forgot, anyone who doesn’t bow down to the Big red has to deal with sensitive Nebraska fans. lol

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohh I’m not that vain. It’s a homer vote. I used to love PSU, my mother’s an alum and we used to go to at least one game each year in the 90’s and a year or two in the 00’s. I saw some amazing teams. Hell I wish 94 PSU could play 95 Nebraska. I think it would be a good game.

But I forgot, anyone who doesn’t bow down to the Big red has to deal with sensitive Nebraska fans. lol

How does someone with that background surrounding Penn St lore end up a West Virginia fan?

Well again, if someone actually believes there is an argument to be made that Penn St > Nebraska all time, I would love to hear/read it. If you're a homer, that's fine. It is likely that Nebraska and Oklahoma will be matched up next round..... guess who I'm gonna pick? lol.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does someone with that background surrounding Penn St lore end up a West Virginia fan?

Well again, if someone actually believes there is an argument to be made that Penn St > Nebraska all time, I would love to hear/read it. If you're a homer, that's fine. It is likely that Nebraska and Oklahoma will be matched up next round..... guess who I'm gonna pick? lol.

I have a degree from WVU. PSU is still my second favorite team but I root for the school half my money goes to every month. Fuck Student Loans

I told ya homer pick. Nebraska is a hell of a program and yes I know they are better than PSU historically. But again, I’m homering this. This is the only time I’ll get to do this because my alma ain’t making any of these lists lol.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a degree from WVU. PSU is still my second favorite team but I root for the school half my money goes to every month. Fuck Student Loans

I told ya homer pick. Nebraska is a hell of a program and yes I know they are better than PSU historically. But again, I’m homering this. This is the only time I’ll get to do this because my alma ain’t making any of these lists lol.

Lol fair enough.

I hear ya on those student loans. I still have many years of paying back ahead of myself.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol fair enough.

I hear ya on those student loans. I still have many years of paying back ahead of myself.

Yeah it sucks. Fortunately I was able to get a home equity loan to payoff my private loans that had ridiculous interest. My federal loans are still a bunch but with much less interest. Will be another 15 years until I’m in the clear probably.

UCFhonors

Hoopla Cash
$ 494.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uncle Rico’s are UCFunny.

The only thing real fans should be concerned with is the trajectory of your program’s UCFutures.

UCF is Rising towards Dominance.

#UCFacts

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uncle Rico’s are UCFunny.

The only thing real fans should be concerned with is the trajectory of your program’s UCFutures.

UCF is Rising towards Dominance.

#UCFacts

Non-Power 5 conference = still irrelevant

I'm sorry....but not really

UCFhonors

Hoopla Cash
$ 494.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Non-Power 5 conference = still irrelevant

I'm sorry....but not really

Losers make excuses for losing like the mythical relevancy meter or whatever.

Winners like me and UCF know sports is only about winning.

Edit. And it’s ridiculous to doubt UCFs relevancy when we have been the hottest topic in cfb for years.

#UCFacts

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it sucks. Fortunately I was able to get a home equity loan to payoff my private loans that had ridiculous interest. My federal loans are still a bunch but with much less interest. Will be another 15 years until I’m in the clear probably.

So you have a home equity loan AND federal student loans? OMG.

I admire that you are paying them off. My wife and I paid off our student loans, but ours were minimal compared to what people have today.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1982 Penn State was gifted a win over Nebraska

PSU, Nebraska recall "The Game' ** It's been 20 years, but the memories still touch nerves.

College football's three worst calls of all time

Lions quarterback Todd Blackledge took the field, needing 65 yards to produce the winning score. After leading the Lions inside the Huskers’ 20-yard line with 13 seconds left, Blackledge found a wide open Mike McCloskey streaking towards the pylon. Blackledge tossed the ball in McCloskey’s direction, but the pass led McCloskey out of bounds, where he caught the ball.

That is, according to everyone except the official responsible with the call. The official ruled McCloskey caught it in bounds and stepped out at the 2-yard line with nine seconds remaining. The Lions would finish off the drive with a touchdown and a 27-24 win.

Nearly two decades after McCloskey’s greatest non-catch of his career, he admitted he was out of bounds.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you have a home equity loan AND federal student loans? OMG.

I admire that you are paying them off. My wife and I paid off our student loans, but ours were minimal compared to what people have today.

Yes, to be clear my federal student loans aren’t in deference and in my job I’m very lucky I make what I do. (Which isn’t a lot imo anyway) But I’ve had the house for several years and I was getting behind on my private loans because the interest was ridiculous so we refinanced and I’m now paying my bank I pay my mortgage too instead of those greedy ass holes at Navient.