• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle @ Dallas

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well
Hopefully the defense wants to prove themselves next week, when we play the eagles, instead of feeling all cocky about themselves.
Sometimes being humbled works.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
big win. A lot of bad tonight of course, but I think a come from behind win is a nice confidence builder for future close games. Dak is just flat out slaying. Also a few nice stops by the defense down the stretch.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Love my damn team. CD you said hell. You dont have to apologize for your language. Now me on the other hand - I apologize for my language during the game.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit. I thought we have a tough stretch and the Eagles have had a tough stretch. Imagine playing SF , Dallas , SF. Two of those on the road. Thats what Seattle gets.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
big win. A lot of bad tonight of course, but I think a come from behind win is a nice confidence builder for future close games. Dak is just flat out slaying. Also a few nice stops by the defense down the stretch.

Play of game IMO - Lockett drop on first down.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Great game by Dak. We won and stood up when we needed to. Great win. So now that Seattle is 6-6 is our record with teams with a winning record still 0-2? LOL

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Manster not post in here anymore ?? I see him on the main NFL board.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak was flat out awesome. Played like an MVP tonight.
Lamb and Ferguson were beasts. Tyler Smith was a beast.
Defense....Micah played great.....Micah played great...thats all the positive I have for the D. Seattle looked like a varsity playing 7 on 7 vs a JV

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
28 years

i will take it
so much right about this game over the large view.

i was out at 21-20 on this thread.
some never disappoint.

Go Pokes!

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I guess Sherman ain't so giddy now. He was so happy at halftime. This defense has to play better. That was not good.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugly but a win is a win. Defense needs to take a deep look in the mirror and not read anymore press clipping. Geno and the Seattle offense coordinator almost pulled it off.
hopefully the Boys play way better against the eagles.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple more brain farts from McCarthy. He seems so inconsistent. Some coaches are aggressive, some are passive, he seems all over the place. He played it conservatively by not going for 2 to tie the game at the end of the 3rd and then he goes for it on 4th down instead of kicking the FG after a momentum changing interception and we come away with no points and the momentum swings back to them. You can argue these either way. I think he made the wrong call on both but it isn't cut and dry per se' and some probably agreed with one or both calls.

My problem was with declining the penalty to make it 2nd and 20 instead of 3rd and 7. Why would you do that? There is a reason no one ever does that. That was a horrible decision. Give your pass rush two chances to pin their ears back. The odds clearly tell you it's easier to complete one pass for 7 yards than two for 10 each or 1 out of 2 for 20. The other issue was not running the ball at the end of the game on 3rd down. Seattle's biggest enemy there is the clock. First off we might have gotten the 1st by running it and if we did you kneel on the ball and the game is over. Secondly, even if we didn't get it by running we would have run the clock down to a little over a minute and Seattle would have to go the distance of the field with no time outs for a TD. Lastly if you get to 4th and inches you can run a QB sneak (Personally I would kick and go up 6 but the percentages say do it). Just poor time management again. It's great to say it was gutsy when calls like that work, but you just need to go with the best chance to win.

On the other hand I thought the play calling by McCarthy was for the most part fantastic and why we won the game (well penalties helped both offenses). The handoff to Lamb on the last drive was just such a great call. It wasn't one of those deep reverses that could lose a lot of yards and since the middle was clogged all night it got CeeDee out into space with speed. I thought the run/pass mix was fantastic and us looking more for CeeDee the last few games has been a key to our offense rolling. I also like trying to get those early down completions when the run game isn't rolling. I think McCarthy's Offense has been outplaying the defense a little lately and who would have thought that at the beginning of the year. It just seems like he has put something into place that just works better for Dak than what Moore was doing. It's not just the great stats Dak is putting up lately, but how comfortable he looks in this offense and how in sync they are. Even the option plays are working incredibly well when Dak keeps it. It seems like they are always being called at the right time lately. It just seemed like there was so much confusion last year and this year Dak and receivers seem to be on the same page.

I know a lot are talking about how bad we were in certain aspects (personally I think Bland's coverage was nowhere near as bad as everyone was stating nor was it as bad as the "stats" showed) but I thought in many ways this was one of our better wins. CeeDee had a big drop and had that seam pass that shouldn't have been thrown go off his hands in the end zone but was dominant and unstoppable all night. Ferguson absolutely balled out and didn't take any shit from those Seattle defenders that didn't shut the F up all night. It's like he thrives on that and it makes him play even harder. Are there two more annoying players than Witherspoon and Adams? I just don't see this bad performance that I'm reading about. It was flawed but it was a great come from behind clutch win.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple more brain farts from McCarthy. He seems so inconsistent. Some coaches are aggressive, some are passive, he seems all over the place. He played it conservatively by not going for 2 to tie the game at the end of the 3rd and then he goes for it on 4th down instead of kicking the FG after a momentum changing interception and we come away with no points and the momentum swings back to them. You can argue these either way. I think he made the wrong call on both but it isn't cut and dry per se' and some probably agreed with one or both calls.

My problem was with declining the penalty to make it 2nd and 20 instead of 3rd and 7. Why would you do that? There is a reason no one ever does that. That was a horrible decision. Give your pass rush two chances to pin their ears back. The odds clearly tell you it's easier to complete one pass for 7 yards than two for 10 each or 1 out of 2 for 20. The other issue was not running the ball at the end of the game on 3rd down. Seattle's biggest enemy there is the clock. First off we might have gotten the 1st by running it and if we did you kneel on the ball and the game is over. Secondly, even if we didn't get it by running we would have run the clock down to a little over a minute and Seattle would have to go the distance of the field with no time outs for a TD. Lastly if you get to 4th and inches you can run a QB sneak (Personally I would kick and go up 6 but the percentages say do it). Just poor time management again. It's great to say it was gutsy when calls like that work, but you just need to go with the best chance to win.

On the other hand I thought the play calling by McCarthy was for the most part fantastic and why we won the game (well penalties helped both offenses). The handoff to Lamb on the last drive was just such a great call. It wasn't one of those deep reverses that could lose a lot of yards and since the middle was clogged all night it got CeeDee out into space with speed. I thought the run/pass mix was fantastic and us looking more for CeeDee the last few games has been a key to our offense rolling. I also like trying to get those early down completions when the run game isn't rolling. I think McCarthy's Offense has been outplaying the defense a little lately and who would have thought that at the beginning of the year. It just seems like he has put something into place that just works better for Dak than what Moore was doing. It's not just the great stats Dak is putting up lately, but how comfortable he looks in this offense and how in sync they are. Even the option plays are working incredibly well when Dak keeps it. It seems like they are always being called at the right time lately. It just seemed like there was so much confusion last year and this year Dak and receivers seem to be on the same page.

I know a lot are talking about how bad we were in certain aspects (personally I think Bland's coverage was nowhere near as bad as everyone was stating nor was it as bad as the "stats" showed) but I thought in many ways this was one of our better wins. CeeDee had a big drop and had that seam pass that shouldn't have been thrown go off his hands in the end zone but was dominant and unstoppable all night. Ferguson absolutely balled out and didn't take any shit from those Seattle defenders that didn't shut the F up all night. It's like he thrives on that and it makes him play even harder. Are there two more annoying players than Witherspoon and Adams? I just don't see this bad performance that I'm reading about. It was flawed but it was a great come from behind clutch win.
I like Ferguson . I noticed Ferguson chatting at the Seahawks after he scored. I think Ferg is a total draft steal

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I left off the huge defensive stops at the end of the game. One was Micah blowing up the last play of the game. He's just too fast to leave unblocked on screen passes. It's like he is there in less than a second. One was Tank on what I thought was the play of the game on that 4th and 1 or 2 run (or maybe the play of the game was where Dak escaped the sack and rolled right and completed a pass on the sideline for a 1st down). Then there was Lewis knocking the ball away on 2 or 3 plays. Also, Bland had the "almost pick" on 4th down where he ran the pattern better than Smith-Njigba? Just a huge flex by the defense when it mattered most which combined with all of the penalties the refs were calling against the defenses all night was a big part of why I thought they did a better job than is being portrayed. Remember for years when we let teams score on those types of game winning drives? Last night the defense shut it down when it was on the line

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Ferguson . I noticed Ferguson chatting at the Seahawks after he scored. I think Ferg is a total draft steal
When you take blocking into account he is probably right now better than Schultz and only going to get better. I wonder if we saw this leap forward by him if we would have looked elsewhere in the 2nd round. I like our 4 TEs. Hendershot is another guy who doesn't take any shit and McKeon is by far the best blocker of the bunch and the rookie has been coming along lately

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you take blocking into account he is probably right now better than Schultz and only going to get better. I wonder if we saw this leap forward by him if we would have looked elsewhere in the 2nd round. I like our 4 TEs. Hendershot is another guy who doesn't take any shit and McKeon is by far the best blocker of the bunch and the rookie has been coming along lately
Man but if Scoony were to come on and develop and you had 2 TE's that could both block and be a receiving threat... I'm thinking back about what Gronk and Hernandez looked like before Hernandez started murdering folks...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think last night was good for your Dallas Cowboys.
Yep. Getting out with a win is all that matters in the end. They can spend 10 days getting ready for the Eagles and watch the Niners beat them up physically like they do every other team they play. Good chance Hurts is sore coming out of that game

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Dad said hindsight was always 20/20.

I like Mike...maybe if Cee Dee catches that ball, we're less harsh today. Maybe 3rd down and 8 at that time with what he's seen from his defense isn't such the dumb ass move. Maybe but not likely after the known results.

not likely Dallas wins it all this season but I'll hang with um and await the final decision on who was most at fault for the season ending with a loss.