• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sanders for CJ Anderson

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in regards to my last post:

Move one of my WR for a RB. | SportsHoopla.com Sports Forums

I have been offered Anderson for Sanders. Part of me likes the trade. Part of me thinks they might not use him as much. Is he still the lead RB? Den OL has been hit with injury, so maybe the running yards are not there, but he was pretty dam good in the passing game. This is a PPR league. Who benefits more now, Sanders or Anderson?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you take that........im not sold on anderson but hes a potential top 5 or top 3 back..........you take that and run asap

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is also what i meant by who scores more points, since you have a flex.......

sanders
anderson

anderson catches passes.....3 down back.....your fine

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have been offered Anderson for Sanders. Part of me likes the trade. Part of me thinks they might not use him as much. Is he still the lead RB? Den OL has been hit with injury, so maybe the running yards are not there, but he was pretty dam good in the passing game. This is a PPR league. Who benefits more now, Sanders or Anderson?
Mmmm tough question . I actually own both in the dynasty league. I'd go wth Anderson, yeah I know the Broncos have played musical chairs with the RB spot last year, but Kubiak likes a three down back and Anderson is that IMO. He came to camp in great shape, unlike last year and he is the incumbent . On top of that, I think the Broncos continue with the run base offense like they did in the latter part of last season. So I think Anderson is the way to go, but yeah, I could end up being dead wrong here.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mmmm tough question . I actually own both in the dynasty league. I'd go wth Anderson, yeah I know the Broncos have played musical chairs with the RB spot last year, but Kubiak likes a three down back and Anderson is that IMO. He came to camp in great shape, unlike last year and he is the incumbent . On top of that, I think the Broncos continue with the run base offense like they did in the latter part of last season. So I think Anderson is the way to go, but yeah, I could end up being dead wrong here.

Good point Harold...I forgot Kubiak was in Denver now. I agree tough call, but leaning towards making the deal. CJ helped me to win my league last yr, and he seems like that tough, effective runner who can benefit from those short passes Manning dumps off. Thanks!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point Harold...I forgot Kubiak was in Denver now. I agree tough call, but leaning towards making the deal. CJ helped me to win my league last yr, and he seems like that tough, effective runner who can benefit from those short passes Manning dumps off. Thanks!
Always glad to add my :2cents:

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Accept and don't forget to thank him.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would definitely accept. However, I would make a move to grab Ball as his backup. I've read reports where Ball is in much better physical shape than last year and wants to steal that #1 spot that was originally his last year before getting hurt and his appendectomy. Even if he does;t win it, I would still get him as your backup. He shouldn't cost too much....if the owner isn't quite aware.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take the trade. I'm high on Anderson and think he's a top 10 back and will produce in the Denver offense. I'd go for it.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way CJ is still the starter end of season..you'll be sorry
We'll see. I'm banking on him staying the starter, barring injuries. See, this why FF is fun, everybody has different projections. Time will tell.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was in Treff's corner.
Thought for sure that eventually Kubiak would allow Ball more touches.
But Anderson is much younger than I had thought (24). And neither was really a Kubiak regime selection, so he has no loyalty to either back - which may hurt Ball at the moment.
One key might be pass-protecting and CJ should have the edge there too.
All things seem to point to Anderson, but Treff also lives out there and may hear local rumors.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was in Treff's corner.
But Anderson is much younger than I had thought (24). And neither was really a Kubiak regime selection, so he has no loyalty to either back - which may hurt Ball at the moment.
All things seem to point to Anderson, but Treff also lives out there and may hear local rumors.

Our friend Treff was on the Montee train last year also. Yes, Ball got hurt after a modest, at best, start running the ball - but more importantly, he was not very good in pass protection. Perhaps I'm wrong but the image of Ball arguing with Peyton (over a missed block) is still in my head. If he and Peyton don't see eye to eye, his talent (which may or may not be greater than CJ) means nothing - Kubiak scheme or not. Anyway, the door opened for CJ who did well at both.
Take the deal, barring injury, CJ will be the main guy - Peyton will have the final word. ....

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our friend Treff was on the Montee train last year also. Yes, Ball got hurt after a modest, at best, start running the ball - but more importantly, he was not very good in pass protection. Perhaps I'm wrong but the image of Ball arguing with Peyton (over a missed block) is still in my head. If he and Peyton don't see eye to eye, his talent (which may or may not be greater than CJ) means nothing - Kubiak scheme or not. Anyway, the door opened for CJ who did well at both.
Take the deal, barring injury, CJ will be the main guy - Peyton will have the final word. ....

Treff may live out here but he is a Broncos hater from way back. He may be allowing this to cloud his judgement. CJ should be the horse this year in Kubiak's run heavy scheme. I really like CJ this year.
caveat... I am a Bronco season ticket holder so my judgement may be clouded as well.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was in Treff's corner.

Just so Treff doesn't take the blunt of crow here, I was not only in Treff's corner, I was out on a limb myself. All I saw was Ball's rumble style to mimick what Moreno did the year before.

As for the offer, it's an easy accept. Losing Sanders won't kill any team, but gaining Anderson could put you over the top.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so Treff doesn't take the blunt of crow here, I was not only in Treff's corner, I was out on a limb myself. All I saw was Ball's rumble style to mimick what Moreno did the year before.

As for the offer, it's an easy accept. Losing Sanders won't kill any team, but gaining Anderson could put you over the top.

Count me as another that got on the train and burned last yr - - perhaps that clouds my thinking a bit, but not a lot. ...

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not on the Anderson bandwagon, but u take tha gamble imho

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Bronco hater, no doubts about it. .but when it comes to fantasy football, i don't allow that to cloud my judgement. I may say I'll never tale a donkey, but if there's one sorting there, and value to be had. .I'll do it no problems. CJ is this year's Montee Ball..there NOTHING special about him. .he's exceedingly average at every aspect of the game. At some point, they'll need greatness, and they'll turn elsewhere. At some point Peyton breaks down and the running lanes close, they'll need someone who can get his own yards, not just what's blocked. He will lose his job, I'd bet my AV on it for the offseason