• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Phantoms / Royals / NCAA / Juniors / Int'l

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't realize Taylor Leier was that far down in this organization. Thought he had some promise.

I kind of question some of those rankings. In addition to a lot of the Stolarz stuff. Meltzer mentioned in his blog today that Stolarz never had a sv% below .900 the entire season, let alone having one for most of the season.

If I were ranking the prospects, I'd go..

1. Sanheim
2. Gostisbehere
3. Morin
4. Aube-Kubel
5. Laughton
6. Hagg
7. Leier
8. Fazleev
9. Stolarz
10. Cousins
11. Lindblom
12. Martel
13. Alt
14. Friedman
15. Marti (I don't really know much about him in his defense)

Though, I will say, balancing upside and likelihood of reaching it is a pretty difficult thing to do. I have Aube-Kubel that high because I think he has a good chance at being a top 6 fwd. I have Cousins that low because I see him as a 4th line energy guy at the NHL level. He kind of strikes me as a quality top 6 AHL scorer, bottom 6 NHL energy tweener. Whereas I think Leier can contribute to a good NHL 3rd line if he progresses.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, Goulbourne looks like an animal

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
* Team Canada had little trouble dispatching the Czech Republic, 7-1, at the 2015 World Junior Summer Showcase tournament on Tuesday. After the score was tied at 1-1 after the first period, the Canadians exploded for four goals in the second period and two in the third. Flyers prospects Travis Konecny (officially three assists but it seemed like he should have been credited with four) and Nicolas Aube-Kubel (two assists) were among the Canadian standouts. Brayden Point (two goals, five points) and Jake Virtanen (two goals, one assist) also had big games. Flyers prospect David Kase did not record a point for the Czechs.

From Meltzer this morning. He's also got a video on there, which I hope is a vine of one of Konecny's assists. It was real slick.

HockeyBuzz.com - Bill Meltzer - Meltzer's Musings: New Sweater Numbers, Junior Prospects, Alumni and More

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
* Team Canada had little trouble dispatching the Czech Republic, 7-1, at the 2015 World Junior Summer Showcase tournament on Tuesday. After the score was tied at 1-1 after the first period, the Canadians exploded for four goals in the second period and two in the third. Flyers prospects Travis Konecny (officially three assists but it seemed like he should have been credited with four) and Nicolas Aube-Kubel (two assists) were among the Canadian standouts. Brayden Point (two goals, five points) and Jake Virtanen (two goals, one assist) also had big games. Flyers prospect David Kase did not record a point for the Czechs.

From Meltzer this morning. He's also got a video on there, which I hope is a vine of one of Konecny's assists. It was real slick.

HockeyBuzz.com - Bill Meltzer - Meltzer's Musings: New Sweater Numbers, Junior Prospects, Alumni and More
good news all around.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heh, I think that guy is out of his mind.

1. Parks is way too high (he's probably not even going to get signed, making him a UFA)
2. Konecny is WAYYY too low. He's the Flyers best forward prospect by leaps and bounds IMO. I think he's the Flyers 3rd best prospect (Provorov, Sanheim)
3. Laughton is too high. He's a 3rd line C at best. Konecny, Aube-Kubel, and Lindblom have top 6 potential.
4. Lindblom is way to low.
5. Alt and Cousins are too high. They may be closer to NHL ready, but their upside is significantly less than most of the guys on the list.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh, I think that guy is out of his mind.

1. Parks is way too high (he's probably not even going to get signed, making him a UFA)
2. Konecny is WAYYY too low. He's the Flyers best forward prospect by leaps and bounds IMO. I think he's the Flyers 3rd best prospect (Provorov, Sanheim)
3. Laughton is too high. He's a 3rd line C at best. Konecny, Aube-Kubel, and Lindblom have top 6 potential.
4. Lindblom is way to low.
5. Alt and Cousins are too high. They may be closer to NHL ready, but their upside is significantly less than most of the guys on the list.

I think if we combine this list with the one from ESPN they sort of average out to something more realistic. :scratch:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if we combine this list with the one from ESPN they sort of average out to something more realistic. :scratch:

I think the 1st comment on HF that I saw hit the nail on the head. He seems to have organized his rankings by how close players were to the NHL, regardless of how much of an impact they'd have.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the 1st comment on HF that I saw hit the nail on the head. He seems to have organized his rankings by how close players were to the NHL, regardless of how much of an impact they'd have.

Here are the two lists averaged together, just giving points to those in the top 10:

1) Provorov
2) Sanheim
3) Morin
4) tie - Konecny, Ghost, Hagg
7) tie - Laughton, Lindblom
9) Cousins
10) tie - Kase, Alt
12) tie - Aube-Kubel, Sandstrom
14) tie - Leier, Friedman

That looks much closer to reality. :thumb:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the two lists averaged together, just giving points to those in the top 10:

1) Provorov
2) Sanheim
3) Morin
4) tie - Konecny, Ghost, Hagg
7) tie - Laughton, Lindblom
9) Cousins
10) tie - Kase, Alt
12) tie - Aube-Kubel, Sandstrom
14) tie - Leier, Friedman

That looks much closer to reality. :thumb:

Absolutely agree. That list is very close to what mine would be I think (granted, lots of ties lol) I think I would go..

1. Provorov
2. Sanheim
3. Konecny
4. Morin
5. Ghost
6. Laughton
7. Hagg
8. Lindblom (didn't realize how high people were on him until this summer)
9. Aube-Kubel
10. Leier

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm good with that list with the exception of Laughton. I know I'm in the minority but you might remember that I'm not a big fan of his. I'd drop him to 8th behind Lindblom. Aube-Kubel, Cousins and Leier would be toss-ups for the 9th-10th spots. Kase and Friedman are high risk, high reward types, much like Ghost was/is.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers 2015 fourth-round pick Mikhail Vorobyov enjoyed a dominating performance for Tolpar Ufa in the 2015-16 regular season opener for the MHL (Russian Junior Hockey League) club on Saturday. Vorobyov racked up three assists -- two even strength and one power play -- in a 6-0 win for the junior affiliate of KHL club Salavat Yulaev Ufa against Snezhnye Barsy (Barys Astana feeder team). Vorobyov went 6-for-12 on faceoffs and had two shots on goal.

HockeyBuzz.com - Bill Meltzer - Meltzer's Musings, Voracek, Prospects, Alumni Faceoff Against Cancer & More

Next Datsyuk