• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NL West Talk

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how Cashner & Syndagaard had similar numbers on back to back days. The Padres have been frustrating to watch at times. Defensively they have a lot of issues. Cashner has had some tough luck, but he's also had some strange games. Despaigne has been hit & miss. Heck the only guy in the rotation that can really be counted on right now is Shields. Kemp has been AWFUL. I wanted the Pads to nix the trade when they had the chance. Of course they didn't do it.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The San Francisco Giants are the worst baseball team of all.

Over the last four games.

In the NL West.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The San Francisco Giants are the worst baseball team of all.

Over the last four games.

In the NL West.

The Giants have something the Padres wish they had, RINGS!!

Hammer do you realize that if the Cleveland Cavaliers win the NBA Finals the city of San Diego will have the longest Championship drought in Major Sports. I guess the San Diego Soccers don't count. LOL!!

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants have something the Padres wish they had, RINGS!!

Hammer do you realize that if the Cleveland Cavaliers win the NBA Finals the city of San Diego will have the longest Championship drought in Major Sports. I guess the San Diego Soccers don't count. LOL!!

Embarrassing! Humiliating! Unacceptable! :lm:

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dbacks just traded Trumbo to the M's

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Giants" does not describe the mental makeup of this team. One horrendous 9th inning gaffe sends them into a 5-game tailspin at home. Got these fools believing the June Swoon nonsense themselves. Piss poor.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Giants" does not describe the mental makeup of this team. One horrendous 9th inning gaffe sends them into a 5-game tailspin at home. Got these fools believing the June Swoon nonsense themselves. Piss poor.

Because perfection is expected over the course of an entire 162-game season? The grit this team has shown over the last few years, particularly in 1-run and playoff games, tends to say that you are wrong.

If what is bolded is actually true, then your critique of it is the pot calling the kettle black. The irony is amazing.

:thumb:

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because perfection is expected over the course of an entire 162-game season? The grit this team has shown over the last few years, particularly in 1-run and playoff games, tends to say that you are wrong.

If what is bolded is actually true, then your critique of it is the pot calling the kettle black. The irony is amazing.

:thumb:
No, but the team cannot fall apart every time something bad happens and they have a tendency to do that. Plus this June Swoon stuff is getting old fast.
When they make the playoffs they do well, but then they haven't suffered any disasters of the sort that they did on Sunday in the post season since 2002 and we saw what happened after that day.

Hbomb

Mobile Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,923.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Dodgers!!

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but the team cannot fall apart every time something bad happens and they have a tendency to do that. Plus this June Swoon stuff is getting old fast.
When they make the playoffs they do well, but then they haven't suffered any disasters of the sort that they did on Sunday in the post season since 2002 and we saw what happened after that day.

But your critique is selective. They have handled the loss of Cain, Peavy, and Pence to start the season pretty well. Maxwell did a good job filling in for Pence and guys like Heston stepped up. No credit given to those that helped overcome adversity amidst their winning streaks, only when things are going bad. Bad shit happens. Right now they are reeling back, but is there any doubt from TRUE SF Giants fans that this team will rebound and come back swinging?!? This is exactly what they have done the last 5 years. The question is whether or not they have the horses to finish the race. THAT is what may be debatable. Their moxie IS NOT.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But your critique is selective. They have handled the loss of Cain, Peavy, and Pence to start the season pretty well. Maxwell did a good job filling in for Pence and guys like Heston stepped up. No credit given to those that helped overcome adversity amidst their winning streaks, only when things are going bad. Bad shit happens. Right now they are reeling back, but is there any doubt from TRUE SF Giants fans that this team will rebound and come back swinging?!? This is exactly what they have done the last 5 years. The question is whether or not they have the horses to finish the race. THAT is what may be debatable. Their moxie IS NOT.
Their record at this point is much better than I thought it would be at the beginning of the season and the starting pitching has been a pleasant surprise. I am frustrated that they let this last resurgence (13 out of 15) that put them in first place get away because of one loss. Liberal Icon and I were both afraid right when that loss occured that it would send them into a funk as these types of things have done to the team in the past and I'll be goddamned if it didn't happen again. You can't get these games back and the team has got to right itself now and do it quickly.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their record at this point is much better than I thought it would be at the beginning of the season and the starting pitching has been a pleasant surprise. I am frustrated that they let this last resurgence (13 out of 15) that put them in first place get away because of one loss. Liberal Icon and I were both afraid right when that loss occured that it would send them into a funk as these types of things have done to the team in the past and I'll be goddamned if it didn't happen again. You can't get these games back and the team has got to right itself now and do it quickly.

Remember last year's retched June? Seemed to work out pretty well without the crazy sense of urgency you seem to have this season. They have a deeper bullpen, deeper starting staff, better lineup 1-8. What they don't have is All-Stars at every position but this team has what it takes. Sabes will tinker, probably bring in a vet SP if Cain/Peavy don't come back healthy or Vogey/Hudson/Heston start to struggle down the stretch, much like he did last season. But this team, barring injuries, has more depth and significantly better offense then they have had in years past IMO.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember last year's retched June? Seemed to work out pretty well without the crazy sense of urgency you seem to have this season. They have a deeper bullpen, deeper starting staff, better lineup 1-8. What they don't have is All-Stars at every position but this team has what it takes. Sabes will tinker, probably bring in a vet SP if Cain/Peavy don't come back healthy or Vogey/Hudson/Heston start to struggle down the stretch, much like he did last season. But this team, barring injuries, has more depth and significantly better offense then they have had in years past IMO.

I have it every season. I like the lineup with the addition of Duffy and having Pence back is huge even if he doesn't hit, but I disagree about the starting pitching. I don't think they can hold up over the long haul. I still don't trust Vogelsong, Peavey and Lincecum and, though he has shown flashes of excellence, Heston either. He's too up and down. As for Cain, I have a bad feeling he will never be what he was if he is able to come back.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ Jake Peavy. :L

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have it every season. I like the lineup with the addition of Duffy and having Pence back is huge even if he doesn't hit, but I disagree about the starting pitching. I don't think they can hold up over the long haul. I still don't trust Vogelsong, Peavey and Lincecum and, though he has shown flashes of excellence, Heston either. He's too up and down. As for Cain, I have a bad feeling he will never be what he was if he is able to come back.

Outside of MadBum, there isn't a bonafide #1 badass but in Vogey, Peavy, and Hudson, you have a TON of experience from guys who have done it before. Our pen is so good, we just need these guys to give us 6 solid innings, something these guys have shown to be able to do with some consistency. We don't need a crazy amount of innings eaters because our pen is about as complete as any in baseball. The luxury of having Petit and Kontos pitching at a high level gives us depth...and we have plenty of arms on the come-up in AA & AAA. We signed Romero and Hanson, both solid pitchers when healthy, the question is whether or not they can stay healthy.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ Jake Peavy. :L

LOL all you want, without him, we don't get the WC last season and don't get that ring. He was NAILS down the stretch. Maybe the Pads can learn a thing or two from him about executing when called upon. :finger:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL all you want, without him, we don't get the WC last season and don't get that ring. He was NAILS down the stretch. Maybe the Pads can learn a thing or two from him about executing when called upon. :finger:

Dude, seriously? Dollars-for-donuts he was one of the worst pitchers in MLB last season, if not the worst.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, seriously? Dollars-for-donuts he was one of the worst pitchers in MLB last season, if not the worst.

I realize that. Did you read what I wrote? Look at his regular season stats for us once he was traded for. He got blown up once if I recall but otherwise was a beast down the stretch.