• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 16 Recap

Dynasty

I'm sure most of you already know, but in the championship game of the Keepers of the Flame, Tlance once again outscored the rest of the league by 42 points in a dominating 135-77 victory over Joe in the title game. Treff actually had the 2nd highest score with 93. Of course your team is coming around now Treff!! Tlance completely dominated the playoffs with an average score of 140.5 compared to a league average score of 78.18 points for those same weeks. That is in a different league than the rest of us. Tlance there's nothing else to say except congratulations on making us all look like amateurs compared with your awesomeness. For the record, Tlance got 34 out of Romo, 19 out of C.J. Anderson, 10 out of Ingram, 13 out of Dez, 26 out of Beckham, 11 out of Ertz, and 11 out of Demaryius Thomas. Not only that, but he left the 20 points from both Lamar Miller and Matt Asiata on his bench and the 10 from the Lions D also on his bench. He did pick up Aaron Hernandez though, so he probably scared Joe's team to death. If Tlance would have started his optimal lineup he would have scored 161 points. Joe on the other hand got pedestrian games from Rodgers and Bell when he needed them to put up monsters. He got a good game from Gerhart and Mike Wallace, but Sanu, Bennett, and Johnson stunk it up as they were running away from Aaron Hernandez. Congratulations on a great season Joe, you deserved to be in the title game, you just ran into a championship buzzsaw in Tlance.

Welcome to the A league Mr. Milk

Milk's brilliant GM skills came into the play the last week picking up Toby Gerhart and Matt Asiata as his running backs which pulled him 31 points and he got consistent games from his entire lineup with everybody scoring at least 7 points in beating Chef 112-85. Chef was really let down by Brady who only managed 12 points against the terrible Jets secondary and Dwayne Allen pulling 0, the Bills D getting 3, and Vinatieri getting 1 certainly didn't help either. Milk disproved the theory that you should rest your starters heading to the playoffs as he was on a losing streak and coasted into the playoffs since he was the first team to clinch. Then he turned it on in the playoffs making savvy moves and talking all the smack to back it up. We look forward to seeing both of you in the A league next year. With Milk's win of course that means Smitty will stay in the B league next year. All of the playoff teams in the B league are were dominating at different points in the season including Micro who for the 2nd straight year finished 2nd in breakdown but had a chance on the last day of the season to overtake first.

Hope you are all back next year and I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's your fault. Thanks, Doug.

Never missed a beat in Wil's semi-absence. I'd vote for you to do it again, Treff.

Thanks, Wil.
I just wonder what happens if Wil and Scape come back?

Thanks for thinking of me Joe. But as of now I have no plans of playing next season. I have enjoyed the added family time.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the best to my fave friends that I have yet to meet. Merry Xmas To All in The Greatest League on Earth

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ho! Ho! Ho!

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys just wanted to let you know that ole Lefty will not be very active here for awhile. Moving into a new house (down-sizing) so I'll be very busy with that. .... I'll check in when I can. Once we get settled, I'll be as active as usual. Amazing how much 'stuff' one accumulates in 17yrs.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys just wanted to let you know that ole Lefty will not be very active here for awhile. Moving into a new house (down-sizing) so I'll be very busy with that. .... I'll check in when I can. Once we get settled, I'll be as active as usual. Amazing how much 'stuff' one accumulates in 17yrs.

Yard sale! :nod:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lefty, you selling anything antique??

I have always wanted to go onto antique roadshow...

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of a kind, but showing signs of use. This piece has traveled a fair amount, and been exposed to the elements as you can see by the roughening of the surface. It has a unique history, and is actually the precursor to a more recent model. Like a heirloom dinner service, it's the type of item nobody is necessarily looking to add to their collection, but at the same time those who have it are unwilling to part with it at any price.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the most surprising thing so far in the 1:00 games

1. Bucaneers playing for the win
2. Cowboys playing hard for the win
3. Ravens playing so bad
4. Chargers playing so bad
5. Jets having a huge game passing the ball
6. other

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard for anything to be a surprise in Week 17.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow it's amazing how quickly everybody stops posting. Here's a recap of the Bandit's season. I only ended up winning one of my twelve leagues this year and I finished 2nd in my league, so I still made a lot more money than I paid in, which still makes it a successful season. I made the playoffs in 8 of the 12, just got unlucky in the playoffs. In the MBBRL I missed the playoffs in the Keepers league, lost the title game to Smitty in the Suicide B league, and beat Dad in coma B final. Got in two pay CBS playoff leagues really just to keep the season going, but it's just not the same as during the regular season. Hope everybody did well in their respective money leagues and I'll be checking in periodically throughout the off-season.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things may pick up a little as we get towards April and the draft.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, mine was a season of good, average and bad. Made the playoff in two of 5 leagues with great teams. First team to miss the playoff in two of the others, and one team that just sucked. Both playoff teams finished 2nd with average performance in the final round. I will be modifying my avatar to include the number '6' in honor of the great NASCAR racer Mark Martin who like my teams were great - but no championships to show for it.

It was a pretty strange year all round (at least I thought so). A number of studs were duds, rookie WR's were very good as a whole. The zero RB approach would have been the way to go IF you chose the correct RB's off waivers or late in the draft. The stud QB's all had ups and downs (some more downs than ups) so waiting on one in the draft was definitely the smarter move.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need playoff fantasy advice!!!

I am looking to catch up(30 points behind) in a league with 500 entries...

I am forced into starting Russell Wilson

would you then start Lynch over Edelman, Demarco, or Gronk??

remember, that i need to assume that Wilson has a big game...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PPR? Edelman

Normal? ...that's tough. Think I'd go Murray.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monkey's 2014 Recap:

Won my 10 team keeper league, 100% due to Manny Sanders' 2 red zone TDs against Cincy. I guess I really should be thanking Julius Thomas' bum ankle/foot/knee or whatever limited him down the stretch this year. Both games in the playoffs were my worst scoring weeks to date in the season, but somehow managed to squeeze out 2 wins to repeat as champ.

Took 2nd in 10 team PPR league with college buddies. The winner had a nasty team after trading away Manny Sanders and Aaron Rodgers in order to get Dez and Lacy to go with Antonio and LeVeon and CJ Anderson. Was just happy to make it to the finals in this one.

12 team PPR work friends - got worked up and down the place in this one, but did not finish in last place. I thought I had a nice group of WR2s since I missed out on the good WR1s (took Lacy and Ball as my 1st two picks.....) but in actuality I only had a bunch of WR3s. Ball, Mathews, Gerhart to go with Lacy looked like good RBs to start, but turned out to not be the case.

I also did 2 free leagues on ESPN, one 10 teamer and one 12 teamer. Took 2nd in both of those leagues, which surprisingly were fairly active for free leagues up until the last few weeks of the regular season when all the playoff spots were locked up.

I ran into some bad luck this year in the MBBRL. Didn't do too bad in Suicide or Coma, comparatively.

if you take all side wagers and fantasy into account, this is my 3rd year in a row posting an overall positive balance on the old P & L statement for football. (I haven't started wagering anything on any other sports yet).
I know I've said it before, but it can't be said enough, hashing through my thoughts and scenarios with the crew here is a big help overall, and invaluable.

Can't promise I'll be checking in much unless someone sends an email telling me to (thx Joe!!) up until NFL draft time. Did Goodell officially move the draft into June yet?

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got this from another topic - - knew about Wil but not Tlance - did I miss something ???

Will - knowledge and hard work aside, we need your sense of humor around here. With you out of the league and Tlance no longer posting on SportsHoopla, things are just not going to be the same.

That said, I respect your decision and thank you for allowing me to take part in this. The MBBRL leagues are easily the most fun leagues I've ever been in.