• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Memphis Grizzlies vs. Portland Trailblazers

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Blazers hold their seed because they won the Northwest Division, but they will not have homecourt advantage after finishing with a worse record than the Grizzlies. They are limping into the playoffs both literally and figuratively — late-season injuries to Wesley Matthews (torn Achilles tendon, out for the season and longer) and Arron Afflalo (likely out for part of this series) have put lots of pressure on stars Damian Lillard and LaMarcus Aldridge.

Memphis catch a break in opening the playoffs at the Grindhouse instead of having to travel across the country, although they are not heading into things playing their best ball of the season. The grit-and-grind outfit became more finesse-focused with the midseason addition of forward Jeff Green but still identifies itself around the interior talent of Marc Gasol and Zach Randolph, the defense of Tony Allen, and the no-nonsense excellence of Mike Conley.

• Game 1 @MEM: 8 p.m. ET, Sunday (TNT)
• Game 2 @MEM: 8 p.m. ET, Wednesday (TNT)
• Game 3 @POR: 10:30 p.m. ET, April 25 (ESPN)
• Game 4 @POR: 10:30 p.m. ET, April 27 (TNT)
• Game 5 @MEM: TBD, April 29 (TBD)*
• Game 6 @POR: TBD, May 1 (TBD)*
• Game 7 @MEM: TBD, May 3 (TBD)*

What's being overlooked is Memphis is limping into the playoffs with an overated coach Joerger that is ruining the teams chemistry with a rotation that puts the starters on the beach for extended minutes losing the momentum of the game and when they do get back in the game they are cold and by the time they get their shooting touch back it's too late in the game to overcome a playoff caliber team. If the Grizzlies don't play with a 6 man rotation keeping Tony Allen in the lineup and Joerger continues his weak rotation look for an early exit from the playoffs by Memphis.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grizzlies in 6.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both teams are horrible right now

Memphis wins by default since Portland is simply gashed by injuries.
I feel bad for the Blazers, but that happens.

The Portland team right now is not as good as the Suns or Thunder
Every other team in the West would sweep Portland, but the fading Grizzlies will take 6 games to do it.

Golden State will have an easier 2nd round than 1st round

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gut feeling tells me Portland is going to steal game 1

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
put money on Portland to win the title hrs before Wesley went down. still holding out small hope

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's being overlooked is Memphis is limping into the playoffs with an overated coach Joerger that is ruining the teams chemistry with a rotation that puts the starters on the beach for extended minutes losing the momentum of the game and when they do get back in the game they are cold and by the time they get their shooting touch back it's too late in the game to overcome a playoff caliber team. If the Grizzlies don't play with a 6 man rotation keeping Tony Allen in the lineup and Joerger continues his weak rotation look for an early exit from the playoffs by Memphis.
I don't think anyone is overlooking Memphis limping in. People would be looking forward to a Grizzlies Warriors matchup if people were overlooking that. Everyone is writing the Warriors into the WCF. As a basketball fan, the best thing to hope for is the Grizzlies getting healthy because the Blazers have literally no chance in the next round.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no flow to this game at all

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shouldve put more vcash on the under

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aldridge and Lilliard have rushed everything tonight. pathetic first half. I was looking forward to this game

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought about road tripping to Portland to watch a playoff game, but man what a terrible match up. Was hoping for Blazers-Clips, Blazers-Rockets, or Blazers-Spurs

If they somehow make it to the 2nd round and face the Warriors...that'd be a match up worth seeing

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys keep sleeping on the grizzlies people laughed at me when i said they can make it to the conference finals, the playoffs is different from the regular season the game slows down that run and gun style shooting 3 pointers may be their downfall for the warriors. I have my money on the team that can play defense, rebound and have the big guys in randolph and gasol

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys keep sleeping on the grizzlies people laughed at me when i said they can make it to the conference finals, the playoffs is different from the regular season the game slows down that run and gun style shooting 3 pointers may be their downfall for the warriors. I have my money on the team that can play defense, rebound and have the big guys in randolph and gasol

Yeah Memphis needs to wt better at hitting 3s

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You do realize Portland is awful right? With all the injuries they have currently, I think they would lose to all of the other 7 teams in a series....the only team they may be able to beat is New Orleans.

Memphis caught a break due to the NBA retarded way of seeding or else they would be gone in round 1