• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If the Jets miss by one game.....

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Jets miss by one game.....then we know someone didn't pay the Pavlectric bill!

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You spelled Canucks wrong

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, I'd feel bad...but:

Yeah count me as not so high on the whole Winnipeg love-in. What, exactly, am I supposed to like about this team? Crappy goaltenders, annoying coach, not a particularly exciting team to watch, they play in the most racist city in Canada so I'm lacking in fan affinity, Buff is a dick...if you're asking who I'd rather see in the playoffs the Jets or Kings, that's a pretty easy question to answer.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah count me as not so high on the whole Winnipeg love-in. What, exactly, am I supposed to like about this team? Crappy goaltenders, annoying coach, not a particularly exciting team to watch, they play in the most racist city in Canada so I'm lacking in fan affinity, Buff is a dick...if you're asking who I'd rather see in the playoffs the Jets or Kings, that's a pretty easy question to answer.

The only point I can add to all of those correct statements is: AND they helped BUF tank by getting Myers for an injured player.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the team and feel good for them. Still if the fact they lost last night is the reason they may miss the playoffs they could have won another game during the season to make up for it and ensure a playoff spot.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
ask that question from the perspective of the fan of a team that hopes to make the playoffs.....
I'm cheering for all things not Kings

If we can get more Canadian representation in the post-season, so be it.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yet another horrible night for my Kings, both in their game and all you fuckers whose team won tonight
3 and 14 in OT/SO this year.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ask that question from the perspective of the fan of a team that hopes to make the playoffs.....
I'm cheering for all things not Kings

If we can get more Canadian representation in the post-season, so be it.
12 Canadians on the Kings. Plenty of Canadian representation.

That's fine because your team could face the Kings and probably wouldn't win so why wouldn't you want the weaker team, but from a neutral standpoint? Media folks are acting like its my patriotic duty to cheer on the Jets.

I'll never understand the maple suckers. I couldn't care less what happens to other Canada-based teams; when my team is out of it I want to see the best hockey regardless of where the teams are located.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 Canadians on the Kings. Plenty of Canadian representation.

That's fine because your team could face the Kings and probably wouldn't win so why wouldn't you want the weaker team, but from a neutral standpoint? Media folks are acting like its my patriotic duty to cheer on the Jets.

I'll never understand the maple suckers. I couldn't care less what happens to other Canada-based teams; when my team is out of it I want to see the best hockey regardless of where the teams are located.

Although I do not disagree with any point you make, I would counter with the following.

Generally speaking, the importance to the city and fanbase of a "Canadian team" winning is relatively much higher than it is for a US team. If Winnipeg were to win the Cup, the entire city and Province would embrace it. If Phoenix were to win the Cup, video of the parade route would likely show a whole lotta cactus, gila monsters, "urban outdoorsmen" and a couple of true fans.

The intangibles for the community are so much more substantial in Canada. For that reason, I can understand the sentiment of supporting a "Canadian" team.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I do not disagree with any point you make, I would counter with the following.

Generally speaking, the importance to the city and fanbase of a "Canadian team" winning is relatively much higher than it is for a US team. If Winnipeg were to win the Cup, the entire city and Province would embrace it. If Phoenix were to win the Cup, video of the parade route would likely show a whole lotta cactus, gila monsters, "urban outdoorsmen" and a couple of true fans.

The intangibles for the community are so much more substantial in Canada. For that reason, I can understand the sentiment of supporting a "Canadian" team.
That's fine, but there are plenty of good hockey markets in the US. The only teams I can remember having "parades" in their own barn's parking lot are the Ducks and Devils, and the Devils were kind of in a tough spot (what were they gonna do, march down the Turnpike?).

The fact that there are teams in places that barely care isn't my problem or concern. I just want to watch good hockey.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine, but there are plenty of good hockey markets in the US. The only teams I can remember having "parades" in their own barn's parking lot are the Ducks and Devils, and the Devils were kind of in a tough spot (what were they gonna do, march down the Turnpike?).

The fact that there are teams in places that barely care isn't my problem or concern. I just want to watch good hockey.

:suds:

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That would be better than marching through downtown Newark if they win again.

It would make good TV watching the parade convoy get mugged and the Cup stolen on live TV though.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be better than marching through downtown Newark if they win again.

It would make good TV watching the parade convoy get mugged and the Cup stolen on live TV though.
There were genuine concerns about that 3 years ago when they were in the Final. I think even Booker (former Newark mayor) had no idea how the hell he would get it done safely.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were genuine concerns about that 3 years ago when they were in the Final. I think even Booker (former Newark mayor) had no idea how the hell he would get it done safely.
I'm sure. I've been to downtown Newark. Don't need to go back anytime soon I hope.