• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Going to Augusta this year for a practice round

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stoked as all hell. I haven't been there for about 10 years so really looking forward to it.

I hope the weather is nice. The last time I went, they had record cold temps and it rained so much that the par 3 tournament was cancelled.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you actually going to play the course or are you going to be watching the pros?

Will you be staying for the Masters and watching a round of that as well?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Practice round...I take it he's coming down to watch.

We've had a fairly mild winter this year, I've played half a dz rounds since Xmas...hopefully that means an early spring.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you actually going to play the course or are you going to be watching the pros?

Will you be staying for the Masters and watching a round of that as well?

Play the course? I wish. Only going as a spectator during the the Monday practice round. Will try to get a tournament badge for one of the days as we are there through Saturday but that is a hard ticket to find

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Original post made it sound like someone on the Hoop had some serious connections. ANYTIME one gets to walk those hallowed grounds it's a good thing tho...congrats PKZrule

Enjoy the ride and Amen's Corner.
:suds:

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never been inside, just drove by it. Should be fun.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Play the course? I wish. Only going as a spectator during the the Monday practice round. Will try to get a tournament badge for one of the days as we are there through Saturday but that is a hard ticket to find

That should be fun. I had a chance to walk part of Pebble Beach about 10 years ago (could have played, but didn't want to part with $500 for one round) and I'd love to see Augusta National too. To me those are the two most iconic courses in the country.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Practice round...I take it he's coming down to watch.

We've had a fairly mild winter this year, I've played half a dz rounds since Xmas...hopefully that means an early spring.

We have been gifted with over 40" of snow in the last 30 days and had almost zero melting. It's currently 3 whopping fuggin degrees outside and I have a feeling we are going to get a late & muddy start to our golf season.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have been gifted with over 40" of snow in the last 30 days and had almost zero melting. It's currently 3 whopping fuggin degrees outside and I have a feeling we are going to get a late & muddy start to our golf season.

I don't envy you one bit...lived in NJ/NY area for 12 years...after the '96 noreaster 35+" (from Fri to Sun), we had enough.

ATL does have a winter now, and it can be quite nasty largely because they just don't have the equipment and budget for road prep...then you have the mix of northern transplants that know how to navigate with true southerners that don't and bad things can happen with that mix.

We're kinda of a 10.5 mo golf season here...you can count on decent weather Mar. thru Dec...Jan/Feb are hit and miss...maybe a good 10 "good" golf weather days.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't envy you one bit...lived in NJ/NY area for 12 years...after the '96 noreaster 35+" (from Fri to Sun), we had enough.

ATL does have a winter now, and it can be quite nasty largely because they just don't have the equipment and budget for road prep...then you have the mix of northern transplants that know how to navigate with true southerners that don't and bad things can happen with that mix.

We're kinda of a 10.5 mo golf season here...you can count on decent weather Mar. thru Dec...Jan/Feb are hit and miss...maybe a good 10 "good" golf weather days.

I'm jealous. I have a buddy who lives in NC (45 minutes south of Raleigh) and his season is pretty much the same as yours.

As for the snow, I shouldn't complain. I plow 30 driveways when the fluffy stuff falls from the sky and from Jan. 24th to Feb. 22 I billed out almost 12K. You could say that mother nature paid for my new driver :nod:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That should be fun. I had a chance to walk part of Pebble Beach about 10 years ago (could have played, but didn't want to part with $500 for one round) and I'd love to see Augusta National too. To me those are the two most iconic courses in the country.

PB...I would've forked it over...it's silly I know, but there are about 5 bucket list golf courses on my radar...I know several people that have played AN, but it's so freakin privileged that I haven't even considered it.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not Augusta or Pebble Beach, but a few years ago I was fortunate to play the last round at Firestone's North Course before the Bridgestone Invitational. First of all, rough in near-tournament condition is ridiculous - I'm talking longer and thicker than Rex Racer's girl's pubic thatch. A friggin' jungle. Also, all the bleachers were set up, which made it a really surreal round of golf.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Augusta National where the Amen Corner is? Steely Dan referenced that corner in a song.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PB...I would've forked it over...it's silly I know, but there are about 5 bucket list golf courses on my radar...I know several people that have played AN, but it's so freakin privileged that I haven't even considered it.

Greens fees would have been $360. Add in the mandatory cart ($75) or caddy ($75 +tip) and lunch and my buddy and I decided to play a couple of rounds elsewhere. We decided that we weren't good enough to justify the expense.

We did take the wives to lunch in the clubhouse and we walked some of the back nine. Stunning beauty on the Monterey Peninsula for sure.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Augusta National where the Amen Corner is? Steely Dan referenced that corner in a song.

Yes, Amen Corner is at Augusta.

Firestone sounds like a cool place to play a round. And with the U.S. Open setup it must be brutal even from the white tees.

We have several local courses who have superintendents that like to fuck with everyone when the Open rolls around. They let the rough grow real deep keep the double cut and roll the greens. I swear one of them sits in his office on the 2nd floor of the maintenance shed and watches all the hackers while he's laughing his ass off.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Amen Corner is at Augusta.

Firestone sounds like a cool place to play a round. And with the U.S. Open setup it must be brutal even from the white tees.

We have several local courses who have superintendents that like to fuck with everyone when the Open rolls around. They let the rough grow real deep keep the double cut and roll the greens. I swear one of them sits in his office on the 2nd floor of the maintenance shed and watches all the hackers while he's laughing his ass off.

It's an amazing course and I've been really fortunate to play there as much as have. Particularly considering how badly I suck at golf. I said the North Course when I meant South. South is the one that the tournament is played on. Honestly, I like the North a lot better (so do most members), but everyone wants to play the South because of the tourney.

I play from the pink tees and always take my second shot with my dick out.

By the way, no comment about the pubic thatch? You're slipping, old buddy.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started playing golf pretty late, about eight years ago, but I went after it pretty hard. My second summer as a golfer, I was playing at least two 18-hole rounds a week and usually hitting the driving range twice a week. I didn't get great - around 100 - best round was 97 on Firestone's North (not tournament condition). Then my son was born almost six years ago and I think I've played maybe a dozen rounds since. C'est la vie.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not Augusta or Pebble Beach, but a few years ago I was fortunate to play the last round at Firestone's North Course before the Bridgestone Invitational. First of all, rough in near-tournament condition is ridiculous - I'm talking longer and thicker than Rex Racer's girl's pubic thatch. A friggin' jungle. Also, all the bleachers were set up, which made it a really surreal round of golf.

What the fuck ?

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's an amazing course and I've been really fortunate to play there as much as have. Particularly considering how badly I suck at golf. I said the North Course when I meant South. South is the one that the tournament is played on. Honestly, I like the North a lot better (so do most members), but everyone wants to play the South because of the tourney.

I play from the pink tees and always take my second shot with my dick out.

By the way, no comment about the pubic thatch? You're slipping, old buddy.

I talked the crazy blond into letting the patch grow out recently, but it ain't jungle fever shit and it won't ever get like that. Variety is the spice of life, no?