• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears sign RB/KR Jacquizz Rodgers

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One year deal. Bears Sign RB Jacquizz Rodgers To 1-Year Deal CBS Chicago

Thoughts? Not exactly the guy behind Forte we all want who could eventually take over. But a nice pass catching, potential 3rd down guy. Nonetheless. Explosive enough, can make some big plays. And we have another return guy.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see this one coming at all- I knew they would sign another RB but would never have guessed it be a tiny scat back. He wasn't that bad in Atlanta from what I saw. Was thinking they would get a bigger guy to take the load off Forte...but sure.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was listening to ESPN radio. They asked Bear's reporter Jeff Dickerson to weigh in on the signing and he had nothing but praise for the guy. In a nutshell, Dickerson didn't expect Rodgers to steal any carries from Forte, (and I don't think he'll be returning kicks), but Dickerson said that for a little guy he is an exceptional blocking RB. He keeps his mouth shut and does his job. A nice role guy for the locker room.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at least its a true change of pace and not a carbon copy I guess.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On another Bear forum, we had an Atlanta fan pop in and talk about this kid. Said he will be sorely missed in Atlanta, and that Atlanta probably let the wrong guy go, but didn't have a choice because of a premature large $ signing on its other RB's. He can plow folks over even with his small stature, blocks real well, and can catch the ball out of the backfield. Doesn't possess world class speed but is fast enough.

Sounded like a great back up that can step in if something happens to Forte and perform well. I liked the signing.

C

cubzzzfanincali

I can't say I have an opinion of the guy. As to this notion that he's an exceptional blocking back, he doesn't show up anywhere on FootballOutsiders top blocking back lists, and he actually did get more than enough snaps to show up there (he was in on a third of all Falcon offensive plays last year). Of course, maybe they are wrong, but for whatever that's worth, he supposedly isn't exceptional. I see some other articles referring to him as being a good blocking back. I know I don't ever remember him making an impression on me one way or the other. When it comes to blocking, that can be a good thing.

Doesn't seem like it can do any harm to sign him though. A one-year deal, probably not a lot of money, potential role player. No problemo.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish he was a faster back ala Sproles but hey it's just a third string RB.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the signing. Legitimate backup for next-to-nothing.

Rogers has a bruising style that should bode well late in games.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I learn on him the better he sounds.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he's pretty shifty too, and doesn't have a lot of wear and tear I don't think, cuz he's always been in a two-back setting.